View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Omer Kelly: Dolphins’ post draft depth chart 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Omer Kelly: Dolphins’ post draft depth chart
Quote:
Linebackers (14)
WLB – Cameron Wake, Quentin Moses, Chris McCoy (seventh-round pick), Brian Johnston

MIKE ILB – Karlos Dansby, Reggie Torbor, J.D. Folsom, A.J. Edds (fourth-round pick)

MOE ILB – Channing Crowder (Injured), Tim Dobbins (trade), Austin Spitler (seventh-round pick).

SLB – Charlie Anderson, Koa Misi (second-round pick), Erik Walden

This will be the most competitive unit on the team because there are 14 players fighting for maybe 10 (eight active, two on the practice squad)spots. Considering Dobbins, a career backup whom the Dolphins acquired from San Diego on Thursday night, statistically outperformed Crowder last season in his limited opportunities, I’d say it’s safe to assume the battle to replace Akin Ayodele as the starting mo linebacker will be a competitive one. Misi, who played defensive end at Utah, has strong side linebacker written all over him. The Dolphins envision Edds as a inside linebacker, and McCoy as a strong side linebacker. But everything here is fluid.

The rest here: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... ?wpmp_tp=1

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:41 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Omer Kelly: Dolphins’ post draft depth chart
Barring any sort of injury, by the regular season Misi will be a starter. This guy will unload sack after sack.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The Hen wrote:
Quote:
Linebackers (14)
WLB – Cameron Wake, Quentin Moses, Chris McCoy (seventh-round pick), Brian Johnston

MIKE ILB – Karlos Dansby, Reggie Torbor, J.D. Folsom, A.J. Edds (fourth-round pick)

MOE ILB – Channing Crowder (Injured), Tim Dobbins (trade), Austin Spitler (seventh-round pick).

Wake, Dansby, Torbor, Crowder, Dobbins, Anderson, Misi
(Edds, McCoy/Spitler to PS) ??
Pure speculation, but what else do I have to talk about? lol

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
The Hen wrote:
Quote:
Linebackers (14)

Wake, Dansby, Torbor, Crowder, Dobbins, Anderson, Misi
(Edds, McCoy/Spitler to PS) ??
Pure speculation, but what else do I have to talk about? lol

Torbor is as good as gone. Edds can't hit the practice squad or he's as good as gone as well.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:49 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I like Omar Kelly but I don't think many of his depth chart predictions will come true. I see one of these rookie linebackers stepping up and being a force, and it might be one of the later round guys.

I also think that Odrick is going to end up the starter at DE.

I think that Will Allen is going to be moved to FS. He is older and coming off an injury. Many starting corners finish their careers at safety. Plus, Sparano has said "the best four defensive back" are going to start. He did not qualify corners and safeties.

On offense I think that Hartline is going to start opposite Marshall and I won't be shocked if Fasano is not on the roster.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:57 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

No way is Will Allen getting moved to FS. He is entirely too small. You guys should get this out of your heads.

:fart:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hypocritex wrote:
No way is Will Allen getting moved to FS. He is entirely too small. You guys should get this out of your heads.

You guys and your ridiculous size arguments. Ed Reed is one inch, 5 lbs bigger. Jairus Byrd was up for defensive player of the year with 9 picks at the free safety spot...he's the same size as Allen. Jim Leonhard plays the "in the box" Strong safety position and he's a mere 5'8 186. Hank Poteat has started for a few teams, he's the same size as Will Allen....

I could go on. Will Allen won't play free safety, but it won't be because he's "entirely too small."

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:44 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Iowafin wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

You guys and your ridiculous size arguments. Ed Reed is one inch, 5 lbs bigger. Jairus Byrd was up for defensive player of the year with 9 picks at the free safety spot...he's the same size as Allen. Jim Leonhard plays the "in the box" Strong safety position and he's a mere 5'8 186. Hank Poteat has started for a few teams, he's the same size as Will Allen....

I could go on. Will Allen won't play free safety, but it won't be because he's "entirely too small."

Don't forget the lilliputian safety from Indy. He's the difference maker on that defense.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Don't forget the lilliputian safety from Indy. He's the difference maker on that defense.

I avoided Sanders because I knew I'd hear "but he's in a different defense, a finesse defense, a cover 2, they play on turf." and then you'd hear "he's also injured all the time."

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Will Allen at FS? No... but, Sean Smith at FS? Worth checking it out at camp. 6'4 DBs don't grow on trees. I question his big hit ability for that job, he would be purely coverage, but we'll see. Trifecta+Nolan will put the right guys in the right spots. Early as heck to speculate. Picture this though:

Davis
Bell
Smith
Allen

Wake
Dansby
Crowder (Maybe)
Misi (Maybe)

Odrick
Starks
Langford

I like it.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

"Torbor is as good as gone. Edds can't hit the practice squad or he's as good as gone as well." - Iowafin

I agree, they won't let Edds make it to the practice squad. Torbor will likely be gone because of his salary, so I think Edds was drafted to backup Dansby. I think McCoy will likely take Moses' job behind Wake, and Johnston will wind up on the practice squad or completely gone. Everything else looks pretty good. It will be interesting to watch Crowder v Dobbins and Anderson v Misi in camp. I'm really not sure who will prevail in those two battles. As far as Crowder is concerned, he seems to always get hurt at least once a year. So Dobbins will likely wind up being the starter by default at some point this year. Lets just hope he does a better job than Crowder did last year. I think Charlie Anderson is an emerging guy who can get after the quarterback for us this year. I just remember him really impressing me last season in that Tampa game. On the flip side I keep hearing about what a beast Misi is, so I guess we'll let their play do the talking. Overall I do like what we've done with the linebacking corps. I can't wait for camp, I'm ready to go!
:yay:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]