Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tanne's QB rating the last 7 weeks;

Until he can start playing well with consistency we won't win with consistency.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:36 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Do you feel like He is the one who came up short today?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:37 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finster wrote:
Tanne's QB rating the last 7 weeks;

Until he can start playing well with consistency we won't win with consistency.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tannehill played well enough to win today and especially against a very tough defense on the road.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Steve Zissou wrote:

He was definitely part of the problem today, 2 potential TD passes to Clay were simple throws that were off target, those are throws that have to be made, short high percentage plays.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:41 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Steve Zissou wrote:

He had a touchdown dropped in the end zone which would have made his stats better against one of the best and aggressive defenses in the NFL. He had a nice sidearmed throw and avoided a lot of sacks despite getting hit an awful lot. The only thing separating him and Matthew Stafford was Megatron. So, putting the blame on him in any way is absolutely ridiculous.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

He had a touchdown dropped in the end zone which would have made his stats better against one of the best and aggressive defenses in the NFL. He had a nice sidearmed throw and avoided a lot of sacks despite getting hit an awful lot. The only thing separating him and Matthew Stafford was Megatron. So, putting the blame on him in any way is absolutely ridiculous.

Tannehill did miss a long TD to Wallace again, and missed on some red zone plays, but I blame Lazor's idiotic game plan for putting the team in a hole and playing away from Tannehill's strengths and right into Detroit's defensive strength.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:46 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

There was no drop in the end zone, that ball was knocked out by a defender on a poorly placed pass, one of many by Tanne in this game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:47 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

Tannehill did miss a long TD to Wallace again, and missed on some red zone plays, but I blame Lazor's idiotic game plan for putting the team in a hole and playing away from Tannehill's strengths and right into Detroit's defensive strength.

Those deep misses have become so common place they're expected.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:47 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Finster wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

He was definitely part of the problem today, 2 potential TD passes to Clay were simple throws that were off target, those are throws that have to be made, short high percentage plays.

You really blaming that last pass on Tannehill? Sorry but that ball was put right in his bread basket. Clay didn't secure and the result was 3 points instead of 7.

Tannehill's interception was nothing short of terrible. He missed badly to Wallace on a deep pass. But arguing he was the problem is a stretch.

His game rating was 90 until the Clay drop. And yes, Clay was quoted as saying he dropped it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
You really blaming that last pass on Tannehill? Sorry but that ball was put right in his bread basket. Clay didn't secure and the result was 3 points instead of 7.

Tannehill's interception was nothing short of terrible. He missed badly to Wallace on a deep pass. But arguing he was the problem is a stretch.

His game rating was 90 until the Clay drop. And yes, Clay was quoted as saying he dropped it.

Ball was not in the bread basket. It was to the opposite side of the direction Clay was running.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:50 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Just typical THill hate. Some people just want to hate on him & really not worth discussing it with them. Moving into the league with D-1

Every pass is not going to be just perfect. Receivers have to catch them the non perfect throws.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Finster wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

The thing is when a defender knocks it away Thats a defensed pass not a drop, the defender clearly knocked the ball out, that isn't really debatable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:52 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Clay needs to make that play. The defense cost us the game, we were ahead and the D let us down. Argue all you want guys.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:55 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I could easily point out some thing Tannehill could've done better today, but it hadn't occurred to me that he might of been the reason Miami lost today.

So I'm not ready to blame him but I see the reason for your post, Finster. If your QB, the leader of the team, isn't the reason you're winning usually then what is he ultimately?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:56 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Our defense has to play great in order for us to have a chance to win.

I really believe Matthew Stafford sucks, big time.

Unfortunately our offense could not get a few first downs to win and close this easy win out.

Our season is really over, you have to win your division and hold some form of home field advantage, and this team is not even close to doing that.

It's unfortunate, because it was that close, as in life. As in getting a phone number or having a baby, we're close, but we just can't seem to finish it off, even to a podgy QB like Stafford.

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:59 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Our season is really over

LOl. D-1 take your meds before you post. We are still in great position to make the playoffs. We bills Thurs and the pats once time time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:04 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Just typical THill hate. Some people just want to hate on him & really not worth discussing it with them. Moving into the league with D-1

Every pass is not going to be just perfect. Receivers have to catch them the non perfect throws.

Totally agree here. I'm not even going to reply again in this thread. It's ridiculous.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:07 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

If we let Tannehill test free agency he will win a SB with another team. QB has become the least of our problems.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

Totally agree here. I'm not even going to reply again in this thread. It's ridiculous.

I blame the loss on a bad offensive game plan, but Tannehill and Clay certainly did little to overcome that. Williams played well and Landry was good, but not much else clicking on offense.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:08 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
Our season is really over

LOl. D-1 take your meds before you post. We are still in great position to make the playoffs. We bills Thurs and the pats once time time.

LOL, I can just feel when a team turns from being average, to being great and unfortunately, this team, for whatever reason simply does not have it.

We will lose to the Bills on Thursday, just to make my point.

I hope I am wrong, but this team just does not have the "it" factor to get it done and improve.

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Clay needs to make that play.

I agree Mak, a nice play by the defender as I am not questioning that BUT Clay needs to be aggressive and take that darn ball. Sorry, I think he should have came down with it and during a very critical juncture of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:10 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I blame the loss on a bad offensive game plan, but Tannehill and Clay certainly did little to overcome that. Williams played well and Landry was good, but not much else clicking on offense.

I blame the loss on the Lions. They made 1 more play than Miami did. Riddick caught the ball where Clay did not.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:15 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rock Sexton wrote:
Ball was not in the bread basket. It was to the opposite side of the direction Clay was running.

Just watched the replay 3 times over. It was 3 inches from his belly button and could have been a body catch to secure the ball in a tight spot.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He played against the NFL's best defense on the road, and had a TD dropped with 4 min left by his tight end. The defense, in expected fashion, once again, folded up after playing lights out the entire game on the LAST drive.

Big Dave wrote:
only thing separating him and Matthew Stafford was Megatron.

And 100,000,000 + hilariously unwarranted dollars.

Finster wrote:
The thing is when a defender knocks it away Thats a defensed pass not a drop, the defender clearly knocked the ball out, that isn't really debatable.

Unless that corner (couldn't catch the game) or whomever was covering him was credited with a pass defensed in the stat sheet, that comment is completely null.

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:47 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Posting one stat and proving no context (ie top defense, poor playcalling) is the epitome of an intellectually lazy argument.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tannehill stood in the face of danger and did everything he could. Kid played with heart and focus. He was completely unrattled against the very best defense there is. That was impressive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:54 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Ski_Money wrote:
Tannehill stood in the face of danger and did everything he could. Kid played with heart and focus. He was completely unrattled against the very best defense there is. That was impressive.

Agree. Sick of these fans simply wanting to tear him down because a pass is three inches off to the left. Seems they think receivers cannot catch without the perfect pass.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:59 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm still not a fan of his accuracy and that was evident on a few plays today. But the kid has guts, and guts is enough. The WR corps do not, for the most part (Wallace/Hartline specifically), match his talent. We need possession guys that can catch in traffic, not pure speedsters (no deep ball). Landry I think is the perfect #2/Slot guy. Hate to say it, but BMarsh would have been 100% perfect with him.

The way he stood after getting pummeled time and time again... that was Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees etc kind of poise. That we can work with.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:12 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Ski_Money wrote:
I'm still not a fan of his accuracy and that was evident on a few plays today.

A few throws? Not knocking, but this kinda stuff drives me crazy. No one can provide one QB that is not off on a few throws a game.

Ski_Money wrote:
But the kid has guts, and guts is enough.
How many QBs would have been down field making a play after throwing a Int? Which I might add saved 7 points.

Ski_Money wrote:
The WR corps do not, for the most part (Wallace/Hartline specifically), match his talent. We need possession guys that can catch in traffic, not pure speedsters (no deep ball). Landry I think is the perfect #2/Slot guy. Hate to say it, but BMarsh would have been 100% perfect with him.
BM would have been dominate with him. Yet they continue to give him Hartline who is simply a waste of a jersey now.

Ski_Money wrote:
The way he stood after getting pummeled time and time again... that was Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees etc kind of poise. That we can work with.
Miami fans want to be good, but more love swimming pond of continuous change.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He's 1/100 on deep balls. That is major. that's 99 potential TDs left on the field. (approximations...)

That's the accuracy i'm talking about. The occasional back-shoulder or errant ball is just occupational hazard. The lack of a deep ball combined with the lack of a big target WR is costing us games. 4 of them by my count lol.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:21 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

FINesse wrote:
If we let Tannehill test free agency he will win a SB with another team. QB has become the least of our problems.

Bet the niners wished they had him

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:24 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Dphins4me wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

Agree. Sick of these fans simply wanting to tear him down because a pass is three inches off to the left. Seems they think receivers cannot catch without the perfect pass.

Miami fans. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Any QB in the league "should" thrive with the 9ers lol.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:26 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Ski_Money wrote:
Any QB in the league "should" thrive with the 9ers lol.

Apparently thats not the case

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:

Ahhhh the lazy argument that it's "hate" when one pass is scrutinized. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:30 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finster wrote:

Pretty simple concept to understand.

Ball wasn't thrown to the most opportune spot (something not foreign in this offense over the middle), this allowed the defender to make a game saving play. Hats off to'em.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Sick of these fans simply wanting to tear him down because a pass is three inches off to the left.

That phrase is hilarious..."3 inches to the left".....hahahahahaha, how much more f'ing nitpicking can you possibly do outside of that?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:33 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Ahhhh the lazy argument that it's "hate" when one pass is scrutinized. LOL

The lazy poster that is in complete error. My comment was not on anyone scrutinizing one pass.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:34 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Ball wasn't thrown to the most opportune spot (something not foreign in this offense over the middle), this allowed the defender to make a game saving play. Hats off to'em.

:hithead:

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next