All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:02 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

The only guy with size is Dion Sims...and quite frankly he looks like a waddling duck when he runs a route.

I would bet Miami was thinking Armon Binns would provide that size and catch radius based on his summer production the previous year. He didn't recover well.

If it is still Tannehill/Lazor next year then Miami would do well to sign a veteran with size who can play immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Here's the list of WR FA's for '15

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/ ... -receiver/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:48 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Man what a tough loss. I thought tanne played his arse off even tho he took a brutal pounding all game. Was i the only one who thought he should have ran it to the corner on the pass to clay. The second he cocked his arm the defender froze. If he pumped then took off it looked like an easy TD. It was a close play so it wasn't so head scratchin but he has the speed to make the corner.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:03 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Rock Sexton wrote:
I was clamoring for it in this year's draft, but I was told by many on here it didn't matter in this offense. Martavis Bryant would be looking good right about now.

I think people expected Hartline to continue his 1000 yard play. One catch against Detroit... his days here are numbered.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:13 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I forgot about this. Didn't Clay trip over himself on that FG drive? I thought he caught the ball and lost his footing in what would have been a sure TD?

Or was that a previous drive?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:32 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

dolphans1 wrote:

Grimes had megatron covered, perfect pass (in right spot) perfect catch. It's not easy to make the sort of catch.

While factual true & I agree. The end result was a failure of the CB to prevent the catch. Don't judge one player based on a larger sampling, but then turn around and judge another based on a play.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:10 pm 

Watching a former #1 overall pick completely suck against the Eagles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:16 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Watching a former #1 overall pick completely suck against the Eagles.

Always has been overrated IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:17 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

In the meantime, another former #1 pick is looking good for the Eagles. This game is an example of OL play, Newton getting killed, while Sanchez can have a beer and relax before he throws.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:27 am 

Makchell wrote:
In the meantime, another former #1 pick is looking good for the Eagles. This game is an example of OL play, Newton getting killed, while Sanchez can have a beer and relax before he throws.

It's also an example of how proper coaching can turn a QB with the physical tools to succeed into a success. Sanchez, a bust by all accounts, looks like a different player in Kelly's system.

Newton, a success by all accounts, looks like a bust because no one has bothered to work on his pocket passing and now that he lost some mobility, the strength of his game is gone. His mechanics are awful.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:52 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I think the topic should read Tannehill's QB rating is the picture of inconsistency. It looks up one week, down another and I don't think it necessarily defines his performance.

He is who we think he is - a young, flawed but gutsy QB who makes some good plays. He's not at an elite level so he isn't consistently overcoming the shortfalls of his teammates. He doesn't have a "bail you out" type of target. Look at the numbers of Dalton, Stafford, Newton etc. when they lose their Alpha Receiver security blankets.

Tannehill's numbers are up, his team has been more competitive and he looks like he's worth continued investment. I would still draft a mid round QB to push him and have as insurance. But he seems to have progressed from the bottom tier of QBs to the middle of the pack with plenty of room to grow.

What you don't want is an entitled albatross like Jay Cutler who feels his job should never be in jeopardy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:21 pm 

jammer wrote:
I think the topic should read Tannehill's QB rating is the picture of inconsistency. It looks up one week, down another and I don't think it necessarily defines his performance.

He is who we think he is - a young, flawed but gutsy QB who makes some good plays. He's not at an elite level so he isn't consistently overcoming the shortfalls of his teammates. He doesn't have a "bail you out" type of target. Look at the numbers of Dalton, Stafford, Newton etc. when they lose their Alpha Receiver security blankets.

Tannehill's numbers are up, his team has been more competitive and he looks like he's worth continued investment. I would still draft a mid round QB to push him and have as insurance. But he seems to have progressed from the bottom tier of QBs to the middle of the pack with plenty of room to grow.

What you don't want is an entitled albatross like Jay Cutler who feels his job should never be in jeopardy.

Agree with everything you said 100%.

I wonder if the Jets are now wishing they had kept Mark Sanchez and invested more in his development?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:29 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Let's give Sanchez some more games before we begin touting Kelly's reclamation project.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:42 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Let's give Sanchez some more games before we begin touting Kelly's reclamation project.

No we must anoint it now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:57 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

He'S in the top 3rd among quarterbacks in the league, thats all I can ask for every season. We can win with that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:58 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rock Sexton wrote:

Granted it was against the Panthers, but Sanchez had a career game. He has the potential to be another Alex Smith, although less accuracy and more yardage. I wouldn't bank on him taking a team to the promised land, but he's had some clutch moments in big games. He can keep a good offense somewhat relevant.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:09 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

swerve13 wrote:
He'S in the top 3rd among quarterbacks in the league, thats all I can ask for every season. We can win with that.

That would make him about the 10th or 11th best QB in the league. Not sure I'm that optimistic yet, but I think he can get there. I'd put him more in the 15 to 16 realm, but that is just my opinion.

I'll keep to my standard: have close to a 90 rating this year and his option should be picked up. Do it again next year and Miami should be talking contract extension. Keep in mind, when Tannehill's rating is above 90 Miami is 15-1. I think QB rating can be misleading at times, but when he's rolling this team follows his lead.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:06 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

jammer wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

That would make him about the 10th or 11th best QB in the league. Not sure I'm that optimistic yet, but I think he can get there. I'd put him more in the 15 to 16 realm, but that is just my opinion.

I'll keep to my standard: have close to a 90 rating this year and his option should be picked up. Do it again next year and Miami should be talking contract extension. Keep in mind, when Tannehill's rating is above 90 Miami is 15-1. I think QB rating can be misleading at times, but when he's rolling this team follows his lead.

Look around this year Jam, look at the numbers and field performances. He is the 10th or 11th best qb in the league

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:13 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

This is how I have the current NFL Quarterbacks ranked roughly:
P. Manning
Rodgers
Luck
Brady
Roethlisberger
Brees
Wilson
Rivers
Romo

10th and 11th spots interchangable betw. Stafford, Tannehill, Ryan, Smith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:22 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

If you consider age & amount of career left , Tannehill would be 3 on that list. I hope we dont waste these years by denying another elite QB a ring.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:22 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I hope one of these years we have an elite QB to get us within reach of a ring...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:53 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I think his stats put him at about 17th in yards and 19th in passer rating, sounds about right general area to me in his ranking as a qb this year, maybe a little higher than just those stats.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:37 am 

Rock Sexton wrote:

No one is saying otherwise, but it is interesting that Sanchez had never had a 300 yard game without an interception prior to the game against the Panthers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:47 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

In case anyone cares, O Kelly is tweeting that if he had the choice to upgrade one position in the first round next year it would be QB since he thinks Tannehill is holding the team back.

He said Tannehill needs 85 Rating (currently 89.7 with weaker defenses coming after tomorrow) 9 wins (5 in the books with 7 games to play) and 23 points/game (currently at 25.2/game) to warrant continued investment.

He also said in a dream world Tannehill's ceiling is Alex Smith.

And then said all of that can be erased with a win tomorrow night against Buffalo.

What am I missing here?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:03 pm 

jammer wrote:
In case anyone cares, O Kelly is tweeting that if he had the choice to upgrade one position in the first round next year it would be QB since he thinks Tannehill is holding the team back.

He said Tannehill needs 85 Rating (currently 89.7 with weaker defenses coming after tomorrow) 9 wins (5 in the books with 7 games to play) and 23 points/game (currently at 25.2/game) to warrant continued investment.

He also said in a dream world Tannehill's ceiling is Alex Smith.

And then said all of that can be erased with a win tomorrow night against Buffalo.

What am I missing here?

Omar Kelly spends 50% of his time talking out of his a$$ and the other 50% blocking people on Twitter that expose his ignorance.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:12 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I factor in his rushing performances too when ranking all the quarterbacks. He's having a very nice statistical season across the board. And Omar is wrong, tannehill is not holding this team back. Lack of a marshawn Lynch type back and lack of a large red zone weapon along with Philbins lousy coaching is holding us back.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:05 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Tell us more, blogging superstar OP :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:21 am 

dolphinjim wrote:

What happened in Pick' Em? You were top 3, now you're close to the bottom...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:32 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

I was out of town, missed a week, then I quit. Once you miss a week you are out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:38 am 

dolphinjim wrote:
Rich wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

I was out of town, missed a week, then I quit. Once you miss a week you are out of it.

Quitter. :ann0y:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:54 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Let's keep this awesome, well thought out thread near the top.

Just because!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:40 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Ski_Money wrote:
He's 1/100 on deep balls. That is major. that's 99 potential TDs left on the field. (approximations...)

That's the accuracy i'm talking about. The occasional back-shoulder or errant ball is just occupational hazard. The lack of a deep ball combined with the lack of a big target WR is costing us games. 4 of them by my count lol.

(On a side note, the narrative that Tannehill cannot throw a decent deep ball needs to be kept in perspective. According to Pro Football Focus, Tannehill has thrown a catchable ball on passes over 20 yards on 35.7 percent of his attempts in 2014. That’s higher than Jay Cutler, Nick Foles, Tom Brady, Andy Dalton, Cam Newton and Eli Manning. It’s not his fault if a receiver drops a pass or misplays the ball in air).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2267 ... i-dolphins

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:19 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Waaaay down into the depths after talking all that smack. I thought pick em was superior football knowledge and then you quit after talking all that smack. Classic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:47 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Bumped.

The OP is clearly clairvoyant.

70.3% comp % best in NFL in week 4.

Yeah.

Inconsistent.

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3