Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
That phrase is hilarious..."3 inches to the left".....hahahahahaha, how much more f'ing nitpicking can you possibly do outside of that?

How is it nitpicking to want your QB to lead his receiver in a game situation like that? Dude was running to the right side of the endzone and it was thrown slightly behind him in traffic.

This falls back on comments I've made in the past. Sometimes Tanny locks up, relying on his arm to squeeze in a throw at the last minute instead of slinging it without hesitation. It seems more often than not it happens over the middle area of the field.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
:hithead:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The end zone pass to clay was a good defensive play. Yes the ball was a second late, but against a normal team that is a catch. It's the little things.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
The end zone pass to clay was a good defensive play. Yes the ball was a second late, but against a normal team that is a catch. It's the little things.

It was a helluva play. Kudos to the defender.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:46 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
How is it nitpicking to want your QB to lead his receiver in a game situation like that? Dude was running to the right side of the endzone and it was thrown slightly behind him in traffic.

This falls back on comments I've made in the past. Sometimes Tanny locks up, relying on his arm to squeeze in a throw at the last minute instead of slinging it without hesitation. It seems more often than not it happens over the middle area of the field.

Its hypocrisy that we practice. Grimes gets burned for a TD and we praise him for such a great game. THill throws a bad pass and he needs to be replaced, because he is inconsistent.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Don't compare any single offensive player to Brent Grimes or Cameron Wake. There are no comparisons there. Those guys are getting jackets. Name somebody on the offense that is? Maybe Pouncy, maybe.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Its hypocrisy that we practice. Grimes gets burned for a TD and we praise him for such a great game. THill throws a bad pass and he needs to be replaced, because he is inconsistent.

Considering the Lions were chucking most of the game (40 pass attempts) and the match up with a guy who stands over half a foot taller than him ...... yes Grimes had a good game, especially that amazing interception near the endzone to keep us competitive instead of getting the doors blown off.

Hypocrisy my a$$. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:53 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Dont know why we are blaming the game plan. We were in a position to win the game. That is good coaching. This game down to lack of execution and the Lions making a play at the end.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:55 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Considering the Lions were chucking most of the game (40 pass attempts) and the match up with a guy who stands over half a foot taller than him ...... yes Grimes had a good game, especially that amazing interception near the endzone to keep us competitive instead of getting the doors blown off.

Hypocrisy my a$$. LOL

We accept failure from Grimes ( which giving up a TD for a DB is failure ) Grimes makes that play Miami maybe wins the game.

Yet expect every pass to be perfect from THill. Hypocrisy is your arse.

Basically we judge Grimes on his whole game, but we judge THill on every play. Hypocrisy is your arse.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:01 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

For a QB accuracy is the first thing you look at. Everything else comes after, and yes it's judged every play. Grimes is involved on maybe 5% of the plays in a game. Tannehill 50%. See the difference? Yes he gets more scrutiny.

My personal opinion, under 20 yards he's pretty good and the little placement miscues are tolerable. The lack of a deep ball (with Wallace and no big guy) is intolerable. At this point it's easier to get the big WR than a new QB.

Another thing to point out, is the run game. Moreno is the only real RB on this roster. Miller and Williams are glimpses, nothing else. I think we can do it with Miller/Williams provided we fix the passing game (replace Hartline with a 6'5+ sticky fingered rookie WR). Otherwise, we really really need Moreno healthy, or Ray Rice :p

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:01 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
We accept failure from Grimes ( which giving up a TD for a DB is failure ) Grimes makes that play Miami maybe wins the game.

Yet expect every pass to be perfect from THill. Hypocrisy is your arse.

Basically we judge Grimes on his whole game, but we judge THill on every play. Hypocrisy is your arse.

Who's we? Where's the argument about every pass? I talked about one single pass.

You are so effin' overdramatic. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:10 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I find it funny that this is the post game topic. Not that Miami had zero run game. Not that the o-line was miserable for about 75% of the game providing no holes and limited time for the QB to throw.

A few guys in here just need to stop being subtle about the issue and state how the feel: they don't have faith in the QB because he isn't elite, isn't going to be elite and would rather see an alternative take over the position. We go round and round with this every week.

I haven't see any beat or blog writers discuss this issue today and normally they are licking their chops to criticize Coach and QB.

Defense played well. QB did enough. But neither is good enough to carry the rest of this squad yet. That doesn't mean either stink nor deserves nitpicking.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

In my defense, I brought up the run 10x in 4 threads :p

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:19 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Who's we? Where's the argument about every pass? I talked about one single pass.

One pass is just the same. Again you judge other players based on the game, but yet judge THill on one pass.

If you are not going to knock Grimes for allowing a TD, then do not knock THill for one pass you want to question. Any idiot should know that every pass will not be perfect. If the pass is within the receivers catch radius then its a catchable pass.

Rock Sexton wrote:
You are so effin' overdramatic. LOL
Says the man who is upset of one pass.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:52 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
One pass is just the same. Again you judge other players based on the game, but yet judge THill on one pass.

If you are not going to knock Grimes for allowing a TD, then do not knock THill for one pass you want to question. Any idiot should know that every pass will not be perfect. If the pass is within the receivers catch radius then its a catchable pass.

Nobody is arguing every pass has to be perfect.

My comment was if you don't want the defender the chance to make a play on the ball like he did, you place the pass in front of the spot Clay was running. This is a very elementary concept.

Rock Sexton wrote:
Says the man who is upset of one pass.

There's no reason for me to personally be upset when I'm used to this. All I did was point out the ball location when Clay was being accused of "dropping" the pass.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:11 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

This is a popular place today.......because we lost. :haha
Pile on time!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Pile on time!

No reason to pile on. I didn't even think they'd be in this game to begin with. They played hard, but unfortunately key plays were not made on either side of the ball when it mattered and my concerns about our offense in the red zone continue.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:16 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

You know guys, its possible to play really well and still lose. Just sayin.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:22 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Here we go with the Tannehill bashing again.

#1 Defense in the NFL.... nearly had a pick 6 but made the tackle. Ok bad throw.
He did go 6 for 6 over one stretch in the 3rd quarter.
The Clay touchdown is on the defender making a great play
The back shoulder pass was a bad throw, but it was a rushed throw.
Tannehill over shot Wallace.

Ok, he didnt have a great game.... but he didnt have a bad game. Id like to see the stats on how the other 8 QBs did against the Lions and see where he stands.

Fact is, we would be praising Tannehill for the beating he took today if we won.... even though that victory would be on the defense.

Tannehill had a bloody hand.
He limped off the field at one point.
Got knocked down 8+ times
3? or 4? sacks...
His OL had to rotate and be makeshifted, not just Colledge, but Albert both went out.

This game, he gets the benefit of the doubt........ If he stinks against Buffalo, thats a different story, but Everyone and their mother knows Tannehill wasnt going to throw 70% with 3 TDs and 0 INTs against the Lions on the road, on a silent count... with a banged up RB corps..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:10 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Well, it could be worse. Miami could have Cutler locked up to a 100 million dollar contract.

Man, watching this guy right now and he just inspires zero confidence.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:41 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Relax!

Beat Buffalo Thursday, roll onto 10-6 and we will make the playoffs. And there isn't a single first round opponent we cannot beat.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:49 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

jammer wrote:
Well, it could be worse. Miami could have Cutler locked up to a 100 million dollar contract.

Man, watching this guy right now and he just inspires zero confidence.

Or Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton. I feel pretty good rolling with Tannehill, keeps on getting better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:55 am 

Not be in a game vs. the Lions??? Honestly , we have been in every game this season except the KC game which was not a white wash. I have no doubt we will be in every game the rest of the season.
Its about time we realize how good this team is. We come here to bash rather than praise & that is fine but if this team & regime fail to win super bowls it would be another waste & shame.
We are that good. Sometimes the fans do not deserve their team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:33 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rock Sexton wrote:
my concerns about our offense in the red zone continue.

This I can agree with. With Moreno gone there isn't a guy who can power it into the end zone on the ground. There also isn't a jump ball guy Tannehill can throw to. It has to be a bullet pass into tight coverage, a broken play with a toe tap catch in the corner or a finesse run through a gaping hole.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:37 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

swerve13 wrote:
Pile on time!

The posting participation does go up considerably from certain people when we lose, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:51 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Man, we are the posters when we win?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:58 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kevin Patra wrote:
Tannehill made some good plays and continually bounced back from the beating. He made one terrible throw on his pick and threw behind a couple receivers in the red zone. The quarterback still can't hit the long ball but was able to dice up Lions linebackers in coverage with quick reads. His stat line was bland, but with zero running game, it wasn't a step backward for Tannehill.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... om-week-10

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:44 am 

Does Mike Wallace make the deep catch Megatron made? Put Wallace in Megatron's place, well covered by Grimes. Does Wallace go up and get it the same way? Does he use his body to shield Grimes?

Stafford is not known for his consistency and accuracy but it sure helps having that big bodied receiver who can go up and fight for the ball.

As I have said before, Brady has his, Manning has a couple, Brees has a couple.

The Dolphins?

We have a bunch of good route runners who need the ball perfectly placed to make the play.

Outside of Jarvis Landry, we do not have a player who goes up to get the ball. And Jarvis isn't 6'3 220 LBS.

Getting that type of player should be the primary focus of the Dolphins this offseason.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:14 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rich wrote:
Getting that type of player should be the primary focus of the Dolphins this offseason.

I know he's older and expensive, but I wonder if Vincent Jackson could be an option. Miami would have to purge several contracts (Hartline, Gibson, Wheeler, Ellerbe). Not sure if Philbin and Co., should they survive, can wait on a rookie to develop. If Miami gets 9 or 10 wins I'm not sure they are in position to draft Cooper or White, guys who can probably start Day 1.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:35 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rock Sexton wrote:
Finster wrote:
The thing is when a defender knocks it away Thats a defensed pass not a drop, the defender clearly knocked the ball out, that isn't really debatable.

Pretty simple concept to understand.

Ball wasn't thrown to the most opportune spot (something not foreign in this offense over the middle), this allowed the defender to make a game saving play. Hats off to'em.

Have to put this all in context. After watching the highlights a few times over, there was a defender between Tannehill and Clay. He was following Tannehill's rollout cutting off an easy lead throw. Tannehill fired it behind him and to Clay so as to avoid a tipped pass. Also, Clay is floating backwards clapping for the ball, not continuing a run to the right intending to be led. He had a couple of defenders on him instantly. Wallace is practically standing right behind him. What is was up with that?

It was a nice play by the defender but I'd still argue Clay had a chance to secure it. Ball was placed in a good spot.

Only nitpick I can make is maybe, and I mean maybe, if Tannehill waits a second longer or pumps to throw off the previously mentioned defender, he can hit Wallace a couple more feet to the right. Couldn't lead because Gibson and his defender were already in the corner, but Ighedibo would't be close enough to get his hands near the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:41 am 

Since this thread is about QB rating, the Lions allow a 79 rating to opposing QBs. Tannehill's was 82.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:46 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Dolphins lost to Lions without their Pro Bowl LT, top blocking TE, best left guard,2nd best CB, and a healthy starting tailback. It matters.

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly

Team loss.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:51 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Grimes had megatron covered, perfect pass (in right spot) perfect catch. It's not easy to make the sort of catch.

d-1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:01 pm 

Here's the stats for whoever was interested / asking... I don't think it really helps any side of the argument much.

I for one don't think Tannehill was the problem, we played a good game and got beat by another good team.

It's not that hard to understand.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:08 pm 

There was also an earlier deep throw, 8:54 left in the 2nd qtr where Wallace slowed down looking for the ball.

A 6'4 receiver with a good catch radius and good ball skills makes that catch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
There was also an earlier deep throw, 8:54 left in the 2nd qtr where Wallace slowed down looking for the ball.

A 6'4 receiver with a good catch radius and good ball skills makes that catch.

I was clamoring for it in this year's draft, but I was told by many on here it didn't matter in this offense. Martavis Bryant would be looking good right about now.

Rich wrote:
The posting participation does go up considerably from certain people when we lose, that's for sure.

I cannot speak for others, but when we win and play well I'm content. There's nothing to discuss at length at that point.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:40 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Martavis Bryant would be looking good right about now.

We can dream, right? He would be awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Martavis Bryant would be looking good right about now.

We can dream, right? He would be awesome.

I just never understood the logic being presented to me that we didn't need an athlete with a large catching radius and how anyone on this roster would've had them feeling content (i.e. Sims, Clay etc).

Every offensive style could use a guy like that. You can't always scheme or "manufacture" points. Sometimes it just comes down to being able to physically beat a guy.

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next