Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:40 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

:yawn:

Quote:
Brian Hartline caught his lone target for one yard in Miami's Week 10 loss to the Lions. The NFL's most overpaid player now owns a 26/266/1 line through the Dolphins' first nine games.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5191/brian-hartline

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:45 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

He's not making it to the 2015 team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:46 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

At least he had a hook and ladder play to Gibson... :haha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:55 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
At least he had a hook and ladder play to Gibson... :haha

LOL!

I guess we can call it the "82 Accidental Circle Curl Lateral" play.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
He's not making it to the 2015 team.

I guess he'll have to take his Jordy Nelson-like skills elsewhere. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Fat contract.

Rock Sexton wrote:
I guess he'll have to take his Jordy Nelson-like skills elsewhere. LOL

We are doomed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:18 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Man . . . What is so different about that guy this year?

I'm not talking about talent. We all know who/what he is. I mean, wheres the effort & desire gone?

I remember a route he ran early in the game where he was hit in the hands but since he was falling down before the ball got to him he couldn't hang on. I guess he was trying to avoid a hit. Idk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:39 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Hartline is not focused on football.
Landry has supplanted his role and he is constantly promoting something called skor (sp).
At this point I think he's collecting a paycheck. Too bad, his team could really use him now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:41 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

madphan13 wrote:
Landry has supplanted his role and he is constantly promoting something called skor (sp).
At this point I think he's collecting a paycheck. Too bad, his team could really use him now.

How do you know he's not focused on football?????

Let's not ignore the obvious. He's coming off a knee injury, his abilities are maxed out, and he's poor fit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:54 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
madphan13 wrote:

How do you know he's not focused on football?????

Let's not ignore the obvious. He's coming off a knee injury, his abilities are maxed out, and he's poor fit.

Have you watched his play lately? Seems obvious to me, he's not focused on using what little ability he has.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:26 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I honestly don't know what's going on with him. What I do know is that he is a hard worker. Maybe he just isn't a good fit in this offense.

This is a Q & A with Bill Lazor a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:
Q: Is Brian Hartline fighting it?

Bill Lazor: I think Brian is a guy that is used to having a lot of production and he wants to contribute. He has confidence in himself and his ability to contribute and I have confidence in him. It’s a long season, so sometimes you go through little waves, up and down. If he’s frustrated with certain things right now, I have pretty good confidence that he’ll be able to channel that into being more productive. I think people around here have known Brian long enough. I don’t know if we have a harder worker on the field, at least in my history of football that’s the most important thing that will translate into production. I think it will show up.

Palm Beach Post: You have to think Hartline will improve but if he doesn’t turn it around quickly the Dolphins will have to readjust. Hartline is being paid like a top-tier No. 2 receiver and Miami doesn’t have a ton of options if he doesn’t improve. Rookie Jarvis Landry is playing well in the slot but he’s likely not the answer on the outside right now. Brandon Gibson would be an option but he hasn’t been the same since tearing his patellar tendon last year. Rishard Matthews had a touchdown Sunday and continues to be solid. But what the Dolphins really need — and they likely can’t address until the offseason — is a skilled outside receiver with height. Miami doesn’t even have much height at the tight end spot. Charles Clay, who is also struggling, is one of the league’s smaller tight ends.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... y-tidbits/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:35 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Steve Zissou wrote:
Man . . . What is so different about that guy this year?
The smoke & mirror used to get him to 1K is gone.

Said it two yrs ago. Signing this guy to that type deal was one of the worst signing by any GM in the history of football. What does he have 11 TDs in his 5+ Yr career?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

To go back to those past threads where I was being told how wrong I was about him and how he was such a valuable WR.

When Ireland signed him to that deal I would have only been offering a 1 yr deal slightly over the vet min. He has been the best of a bad lot of WR & once Miami started getting better WR on the field, he vanished.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:56 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

What smoke and mirrors got him back to back 1000 yard seasons.

He does not appear to be a good fit for this offense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:04 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

madphan13 wrote:
Have you watched his play lately? Seems obvious to me, he's not focused on using what little ability he has.

How does his play translate to not being focused? It's intriguing that you can diagnose his mental state from seeing him on TV.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:08 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:

I don't consider it smoke and mirrors.

It was because we were chucking the ball at a high clip. In 2012 he was the top dog on a piss poor WR unit that couldn't run the ball. Last year we had Wallace whom Tanny had no chemistry with and Sherman refused to run the ball even though we were effective when we did ......

He caught passes by default because he was the guy Tanny was most comfortable with. It's really not all that impressive to barely eclipse the 1,000 mark and hardly score any TD's to pair with it. Defenses shut that guy down when it matters.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:00 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:

Seriously? Miami fans have been so starved for talent they believe just about anyone ( Outside of QB ) is a quality player. The guy would make a couple of plays for big yds and put up a couple of 100+ yds game, then be very avg over the other 14 games & fans actually thought he was talented and good. Said it once, said it twice. One of the most overrated Phins players to ever play.

AQNOR wrote:

The only place for this guy is on the bench. He is simply a below avg Wr who took advantage of the situation he was in with Miami and parlayed that into a huge deal. Its pathetic that GM who are suppose to be able to judge talent did not see that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:57 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Hartline is more geared for a vertical offense. I swear, if Eli Manning had him on his team, Hartline would have 600 yds by now.... He's a very good 2nd or 3rd option on 5-7 step drops....specifically on the perimeter... since he has good football IQ, he'll lay out for the ball, and he knows where the sideline is.

We dont run that type of offense anymore, and thank god, Tannehill would be buried. short screens, pocket movement, and getting the ball out quick is been the new staple, and Hartline just isnt an option in that aspect.

Its not that he is a bad WR, he is just no longer a fit.

Look at Hakeem Nicks. No one will say that he is a game changing top 5 WR.... he's top 20 at his best... but he has been nearly invisible this season.... He's not a fit in the INDY offense..........

Miami should move on in the offseason, and get a big body. If they can get a 5th rounder out of Hartline, great... if not... it just might be that time.

But I won't go so far as to say he sucks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:44 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Some people are really digging, it has nothing to do with scheme and everything to do eith his knee injury. Hes not the same player and might never be. Its too bad but it happens. Hope he gets better and if not i wish him well he was a good player for us ever since he got here

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:47 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
Seriously?

Yes, you dont like him. Ok. But what was smoke and mirrors. He did put up the numbers. While it is not unique in what he did it is also not that common either. If his injury has not permanently lessened him, I do believe him talented and good used to his strengths.

It is not about being starved for anything.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:36 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:

Yes, you dont like him. Ok. But what was smoke and mirrors. He did put up the numbers. While it is not unique in what he did it is also not that common either. If his injury has not permanently lessened him, I do believe him talented and good used to his strengths.

It is not about being starved for anything.

The smoke & mirrors was basically he would have two really outstanding games where he would get 250-300 yds. Then avg. 50ish YPG the other 14 & get over that 1K mark which impressed some fans. While not scoring TDs I might had.

Yds are nice & teams need them, but you do not win game with just yds. He has been & will remain a huge reason Miami struggles in the red zone as long as he is out there. Mathews has 2 TDs in only 7 catches this yr. Hartline has his 1 TD. How many more snaps has Hartline had over Mathews?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:39 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Its not that he is a bad WR, he is just no longer a fit.

He is someone who comes when the starters need a break. He is a dime a dozen type WR.

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Look at Hakeem Nicks. No one will say that he is a game changing top 5 WR.... he's top 20 at his best... but he has been nearly invisible this season.... He's not a fit in the INDY offense..........
Nicks has not been a top WR in 2-3 yrs.

SkyHigh314 wrote:
But I won't go so far as to say he sucks
Been saying he does for 3 yrs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:42 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Manhattan wrote:
Some people are really digging, it has nothing to do with scheme and everything to do eith his knee injury. Hes not the same player and might never be. Its too bad but it happens. Hope he gets better and if not i wish him well he was a good player for us ever since he got here

The problem is Miami has found better WR and they get open. No longer having to thread the ball into Hartline.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:56 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:

The smoke & mirrors was basically he would have two really outstanding games where he would get 250-300 yds. Then avg. 50ish YPG the other 14 & get over that 1K mark which impressed some fans. While not scoring TDs I might had.

Yds are nice & teams need them, but you do not win game with just yds. He has been & will remain a huge reason Miami struggles in the red zone as long as he is out there. Mathews has 2 TDs in only 7 catches this yr. Hartline has his 1 TD. How many more snaps has Hartline had over Mathews?

I think our understanding of smoke and mirrors is different. Cool. Yes red zone production is not what I would like to see from his position either but imo it did not take away what he did produce. I remember many tough catches and 1st down pick ups.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Trade him to New England. What could possibly go wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:46 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

We also pay Wallace the same Denver pays Peyton this year

:yay: :awe:

darn that Hartline...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:

darn that Hartline...

That's an entirely separate issue and doesn't make Hartline's contract anymore acceptable right now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:34 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
I think our understanding of smoke and mirrors is different.

It was simply my way of saying his production looks better than it actually happened to be.

AQNOR wrote:
Yes red zone production is not what I would like to see from his position either but imo it did not take away what he did produce.
I believe you typed that up wrong, but IMO his lack of TD production did not take away, but yet he ask for & received a contract that reflected TD production. Then it became an issue.

AQNOR wrote:
I remember many tough catches and 1st down pick ups.
Yes, but the reason they were tough catches was because he simply could not get open.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:41 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:

darn that Hartline...

The results of trading your best Wr for a box of rocks and not drafting anyone. Teams have to overpay for a player who does not match what the team needs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:32 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Wallace is overpaid...Cut him!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:48 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Miami Dolphins WR Brian Hartline was targeted just once in Week 10 against the Detroit Lions, and he is on pace for just 76 targets this season, well below his 127 from last season. So far Hartline isn't complaining about the drop in targets. "Coaches can use me as they see fit," Hartline said Tuesday, Nov. 11.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He will sign with NE and catch over 100 passes and 8 TDs ... 4 against Miami

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:13 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
Quote:
Miami Dolphins WR Brian Hartline was targeted just once in Week 10 against the Detroit Lions, and he is on pace for just 76 targets this season, well below his 127 from last season. So far Hartline isn't complaining about the drop in targets. "Coaches can use me as they see fit," Hartline said Tuesday, Nov. 11.

He sounds very content, unlike most real winners

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:39 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Man I can't believe he is a team player, cut him. : )

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:54 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Steve Zissou wrote:
He sounds very content, unlike most real winners

He blows & know he is doing that best he can. So he is playing that card of the coaches can use me however they want. Yes, Brian you are a decoy to free up other players. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:34 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
10acjed wrote:

darn that Hartline...

That's an entirely separate issue and doesn't make Hartline's contract anymore acceptable right now.

If all fairness the contract never was acceptable... But he was the only guy RT was throwing too so they did what they had too...

Never thought he would make it past this season, even if he had another 1k...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:46 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Nice catch & move by Hartline there!

Go up, get it, & fight for that 1st.

Good to see ya!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:47 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Hartline showing up tonight though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

He'll make a fine Patriot!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:20 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

Yes he is. Two catches for 24 through 2 1/2 Qtrs.

Edit: 3 catches for Appox 55 yds. Same play twice. Run a 2 Yd crossing pattern.

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next