All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That loser Hartline sets up a TD with a big 31 yard catch and run. :haha :) :yay:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:54 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
That loser Hartline sets up a TD with a big 31 yard catch and run.

He ran a two yd route in order to get open. Not impressed. At least he did not fall down after catching the ball, both times. That is odd..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Hartline 's catch and run was the spark....big momentum shift. Maybe he will see some more targets?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:48 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I wish Hartline would quit contributing to the team. What is wrong with him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:58 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Hartline had a great game tonight. 2 yard catch or not, he made a big play. More consistency Brian.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:32 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Hartline had a great game tonight. 2 yard catch or not, he made a big play. More consistency Brian.
Great game? This is what I have been saying. The guy shows up for once & makes a play & he has a great game.

They have to run him across the middle on a 2 Yd route for him to get open.

I'm happy he contributed, but really 3 catches for 55 Yds is a great game? I guess in some peoples mind anything from him makes it a great game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:35 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
I wish Hartline would quit contributing to the team.
I wish he would stop taking so many snaps from another WR and put him in the backup role his talent suggest he deserves.

AQNOR wrote:
What is wrong with him.

He is not very good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:16 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Great Dolphin .... worth every penny in the end when we hoist the Lombardi trophy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:40 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Sucks that poor Stephen Ross has to spend his hard earned money on this crap... I am really losing sleep over this

:fart:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:44 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Great game? This is what I have been saying. The guy shows up for once & makes a play & he has a great game.

They have to run him across the middle on a 2 Yd route for him to get open.

I'm happy he contributed, but really 3 catches for 55 Yds is a great game? I guess in some peoples mind anything from him makes it a great game.

That's why I said, I'd like more consistancy from him. His game last night still doesn't warrant his contract, but at least he did something and it was a huge play.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:03 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I have no idea why Miami isn't running more drag routes like the one Hartline got big yardage on.

What we saw last night is what I expected all season long from the offense - death by a thousand short passes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:08 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
He is not very good.

I disagree with your assessment of him as a player. Cool.

I think he is good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:34 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
I think he is good.

That is a sad, sad statement that someone thinks such mediocre #2 talent is good. He would be awesome standing on the sidelines watching better Wr play.

I'm just surprised last night when he caught the ball that he did not trip/fall on a yard line.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:36 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

That's why I said, I'd like more consistency from him.
He is extremely consistent. Just not the type we would like.

Makchell wrote:
His game last night still doesn't warrant his contract, but at least he did something and it was a huge play.
His career does not warrant his contract. I personally believe he is so easily replaced that any WR that can put one foot in front of the other & also catch would be better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:45 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
Makchell wrote:

That's why I said, I'd like more consistency from him.
He is extremely consistent. Just not the type we would like.

Makchell wrote:
His game last night still doesn't warrant his contract, but at least he did something and it was a huge play.
His career does not warrant his contract. I personally believe he is so easily replaced that any WR that can put one foot in front of the other & also catch would be better.

We have had dozens of cheap options who couldn't put that one foot in front of the other, every other week Matthews is right there primed to take over the disappearing receiver role...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:55 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:

We have had dozens of cheap options who couldn't put that one foot in front of the other, every other week Matthews is right there primed to take over the disappearing receiver role...

IMO Mathews is much better suited for the No. 2 role than Hartline. Hartline is weak and cannot fight off a defender. Put Hartline in the role he belongs in. The No. 4 spot where he can come in a maybe make a play. As a No.2 he is just basically useless.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:08 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Personally i'd like to upgrade every receiver not nicknamed Juice.
This team needs a Vince Jackson more than it does a Mike Wallace.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Personally i'd like to upgrade every receiver not nicknamed Juice.
This team needs a Vince Jackson more than it does a Mike Wallace.

I'm not kosher with the money he got, but Wallace is playing his backside off. He's running the hardest I've ever seen him, it's just too bad Tanny can't get him the darn football downfield.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:30 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

He played better during the first 4 weeks than he has lately. Just doesnt seem to fit what we have on offense. We should try to get bigger targets at tight end and receiver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:17 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
He played better during the first 4 weeks than he has lately. Just doesnt seem to fit what we have on offense. We should try to get bigger targets at tight end and receiver

Without a doubt. Wallace's true talents are being wasted in Miami. Hartline might be useful, but he needs more targets to prove it. Landry hopefully continues to grow....seems to be a solid pick. Maybe he is more than a slot receiver? Maybe Hartline coud work the slot?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:06 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Why does Landry need to be more than a slot receiver? Its an important role that fits him like a glove and he can do alot of damage from the slot. This offense could be unstoppable if we could find a young Antonio gates or Dwayne Allen type of tight end to be Tannehills best friend, and also a huge wideout in the mold of Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson. A true matchup nightmare for defenses.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:15 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Wallace is playing good this year. It's so strange how these 2 can't hook up. RT throws it good and Wallace drops it or loses it in flight or RT throws it way off target. I'm having doubts about the deep ball, but the respect that Wallce gets opens up the short passing game. There were many times last week that Wallace was open, but the pass rush was too much. Hey, we won.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:16 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Hartline needs to play for the Chiefs. A team that in 9 games has yet to have a TD from a WR. Take that expectations away and he is probably worthy of stepping on the field.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:22 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
Why does Landry need to be more than a slot receiver? Its an important role that fits him like a glove and he can do alot of damage from the slot. This offense could be unstoppable if we could find a young Antonio gates or Dwayne Allen type of tight end to be Tannehills best friend, and also a huge wideout in the mold of Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson. A true matchup nightmare for defenses.

Two players with checkered past that I believe Miami should at least kick the tires on are Da'Rick Rodgers and Colt Lyerla. Both bring top talent & if a coach can get them focused, then there is a shot at striking gold. This team needs some talent at the pass catching position.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:07 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
That is a sad, sad statement that someone thinks such mediocre #2 talent is good. He would be awesome standing on the sidelines watching better Wr play.

I'm just surprised last night when he caught the ball that he did not trip/fall on a yard line.

Yep we differ in opinion you have sadness and I am glad that the Phins have a good player on the team.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:11 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Scot, you really dislike Hartline..lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:08 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
Yep we differ in opinion you have sadness and I am glad that the Phins have a good player on the team.

They have a good many number of good players. Hartline is just not one of them. In fact good and Hartline should never be used in the same sentence, unless it is Hartline makes a good bench player.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:15 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Scot, you really dislike Hartline..lol

I dislike him at the No. 2 spot. He is basically ( He is like a blind squirrel ) useless there. When a player has 3 catches for 50 Yds and we think he has a great game then that is a tell tell sign of what our expectations are for him.

He hinders the O so badly with not being able to get open, not being a play maker, not being tough to fight for the tough yrds, falling down for no reason, etc.....

I just want to see what this O would do if every snap that were not a Wr short on the play.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:33 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
They have a good many number of good players. Hartline is just not one of them. In fact good and Hartline should never be used in the same sentence, unless it is Hartline makes a good bench player.

We don't agree. Hartline is a good player imo.

Last edited by AQNOR on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:40 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
I dislike him at the No. 2 spot. He is basically ( He is like a blind squirrel ) useless there. When a player has 3 catches for 50 Yds and we think he has a great game then that is a tell tell sign of what our expectations are for him. ...

Who is this "we" saying or thinking Hartline had a great game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:53 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
6 million worth for good?

11 TDs in 5+ yrs ( 63 games started ) & is a huge reason Miami struggles in the red zone. Yes, he has put up two of the most unimpressive 1K season ever in NFL history. Down in close he is simply to weak to win those physical battles. Its why players like Mathews have more TDs in far less playing time. Hartline is a vastly below avg No. 2 Wr. He could be a good No. 4 if Miami were to ever realize how much he hinders the O running in the No. 2 spot, but do you pay a good No. 4 WR 6 million a yr?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:55 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:

Miami fans in general, but I was replying to Mak, who posted prior that Hartline has a great game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

11 TDs in 5+ yrs ( 63 games started ) & is a huge reason Miami struggles in the red zone. Yes, he has put up two of the most unimpressive 1K season ever in NFL history. Down in close he is simply to weak to win those physical battles. Its why players like Mathews have more TDs in far less playing time. Hartline is a vastly below avg No. 2 Wr. He could be a good No. 4 if Miami were to ever realize how much he hinders the O running in the No. 2 spot, but do you pay a good No. 4 WR 6 million a yr?

I think Matthews would be the starter if he were he better player, but he isn't. His numbers are also underwhelming....4 TD's in 3 years. Like Hartline, he is getting under 12 YPC, because our line and the system mandates a quick passing game. Hartline is not being targeted enough this year. Early on, the team was force feeding Wallace. A healthy Clay, spreading the ball around and more emphasis on running the ball is better for this offense. Do I want a big target (with a superior catch radius) for Tannehill ? Yep... might have to wait till next year. For now, I think Hartline is fine. It might be interesting to put Landry at #2 and Hartline in the slot, but I still think Hartline is a starter for this team.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:54 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I think Matthews would be the starter if he were he better player, but he isn't. His numbers are also underwhelming....4 TD's in 3 years.
Games started is a little different. In 6 games started Mathews has 4 Tds. ( Reminder 11Tds in 63 games ) Over a 1/3 of the TDs in less than 10% of the games started. If Mathews numbers were projected then it would surpass Hartline easily.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Like Hartline, he is getting under 12 YPC, because our line and the system mandates a quick passing game.
Not the same sample size and I'm not concerned with YPC, but TDs are what win games. Not Yds, not YPC.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Hartline is not being targeted enough this year. Early on, the team was force feeding Wallace. A healthy Clay, spreading the ball around and more emphasis on running the ball is better for this offense. Do I want a big target (with a superior catch radius) for Tannehill ? Yep... might have to wait till next year. For now, I think Hartline is fine.
He is not being ignored, he is simply not getting it done. If THill was forcing it to Wallace, it was because Hartline was not open.

How can you say Hartline is fine. Look at his production. This week is the 1st game this yr he made a play worth recalling.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
It might be interesting to put Landry at #2 and Hartline in the slot, but I still think Hartline is a starter for this team.

Landry should probably stay in the slot ( at least for this season )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:46 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I think Matthews would be the starter if he were he better player, but he isn't. His numbers are also underwhelming....4 TD's in 3 years.
Games started is a little different. In 6 games started Mathews has 4 Tds. ( Reminder 11Tds in 63 games ) Over a 1/3 of the TDs in less than 10% of the games started. If Mathews numbers were projected then it would surpass Hartline easily.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Like Hartline, he is getting under 12 YPC, because our line and the system mandates a quick passing game.
Not the same sample size and I'm not concerned with YPC, but TDs are what win games. Not Yds, not YPC.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Hartline is not being targeted enough this year. Early on, the team was force feeding Wallace. A healthy Clay, spreading the ball around and more emphasis on running the ball is better for this offense. Do I want a big target (with a superior catch radius) for Tannehill ? Yep... might have to wait till next year. For now, I think Hartline is fine.
He is not being ignored, he is simply not getting it done. If THill was forcing it to Wallace, it was because Hartline was not open.

How can you say Hartline is fine. Look at his production. This week is the 1st game this yr he made a play worth recalling.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
It might be interesting to put Landry at #2 and Hartline in the slot, but I still think Hartline is a starter for this team.

Landry should probably stay in the slot ( at least for this season )

Hard to say that Matthews projects to better stats than Hartline. When Matthews plays, is he facing the starting corners, or nickel and/or dime backs? I can't imagine the staff is choosing to play Hartline simply because of his contract (but then again, that is a possible in Miami past). Hartline might not be a fit for the current offense and it is hard to score a lot when you are running 5 yard patterns because your offensive line is hurting and your QB can't hit a long ball anyway. I would imagine that Hartline is gone after this year, assuming we can draft a big target for the #2 spot. Till then, why not give him some more targets and opportunities to get it done. He delivered last week. Putting him on the bench isn't going to help any trade value he might have and I don't think his replacement is any great shakes anyway....or the guy would be starting.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:13 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Hard to say that Matthews projects to better stats than Hartline. When Matthews plays, is he facing the starting corners, or nickel and/or dime backs?
I would think in his 6 games started he did.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I can't imagine the staff is choosing to play Hartline simply because of his contract (but then again, that is a possible in Miami past).
I have no idea why unless they simply trust Hartline over Mathews. Football coaches are known for playing it safe with going with what they know than what they do not know. They know what to expect from Hartline. Plus I believe Mathews earned some bad rep this past offseason with his lack of preparedness.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Hartline might not be a fit for the current offense and it is hard to score a lot when you are running 5 yard patterns because your offensive line is hurting and your QB can't hit a long ball anyway.
He has never scored for what a No. 2 ( Sometimes No. 1 ) with his snaps should.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I would imagine that Hartline is gone after this year, assuming we can draft a big target for the #2 spot.
Why would he be gone?

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Till then, why not give him some more targets and opportunities to get it done. He delivered last week.
Do not believe Miami can make a living with a 2 Yd crossing route week in & week out.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Putting him on the bench isn't going to help any trade value he might have and
Only Miami would sign a WR to that size deal who does so little. Miami would have to give up a pick with Hartline to get someone to take over his contract.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I don't think his replacement is any great shakes anyway....or the guy would be starting.
Coaches do not make mistakes?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Miami fans in general, but I was replying to Mak, who posted prior that Hartline has a great game.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought you were talking about more than one person. I was not aware that Miami fans in general were saying that. They must not frequent this site, besides Mak.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:24 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Being a good football player and a contract are not the same thing in my mind. Players don't control where a team drafts them and they can't make a team pay them more than the team is willing to pay them.

I don't agree that he is vastly below avg. No. 2. Different players have different strength's. Seems like I remember a running back Karim Abdul-Jabbar or something like that who averaged a bit over 3 yards a carry rushed for under 900 yards but had 15-16 TD's one season back in the late 90's. As I remember he was not that good of a runner but when we got near the goal line he could follow his blocks and get it in end zone. I wish every player on Offense besides the lineman could regularly score TD's. Probably not going to happen but if a player can move the chains, run precise routes, catch passes and regularly make a tough catch I think there is a place for him on the team.

imo opinion there is more to being good than just scoring TD's although I hoped Hartline would get better at that this year. It does not look like that is happening yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
imo opinion there is more to being good than just scoring TD's although I hoped Hartline would get better at that this year. It does not look like that is happening yet.

Yet? You're still holding out hope after the resume we have to look at? LOL

Some of you try too hard ignore the obvious.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:04 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
Being a good football player and a contract are not the same thing in my mind. Players don't control where a team drafts them and they can't make a team pay them more than the team is willing to pay them.
Agree they cannot, but they did have to ask for it.

AQNOR wrote:
I don't agree that he is vastly below avg. No. 2. Different players have different strength's. Seems like I remember a running back Karim Abdul-Jabbar or something like that who averaged a bit over 3 yards a carry rushed for under 900 yards but had 15-16 TD's one season back in the late 90's. As I remember he was not that good of a runner but when we got near the goal line he could follow his blocks and get it in end zone.
Correct he did have one really good yr at scoring TD. That was it.

AQNOR wrote:
I wish every player on Offense besides the lineman could regularly score TD's. Probably not going to happen but if a player can move the chains, run precise routes, catch passes and regularly make a tough catch I think there is a place for him on the team.
While I can agree to that, but just look at Hartline. He is non of that.

AQNOR wrote:
Hartline is what he is. An overvalued WR on a team desperate for playmakers.

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next