Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:07 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

We've seen Hartlines' best already

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:49 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

We should be like no other team in the league and have a fantasy player at every position.

Maybe we can get the great Marshall to play for 6 million a year and hope he don't have another melt down!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:46 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Wide receivers are overrated. The 7-3 Chiefs still have no touchdown receptions by wide receivers this season. Seven wide receivers have more yards than all Chiefs wide receivers combined (917).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:10 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

:)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If a guy like Marshall gets pissed because he's not getting enough touches and becomes a distraction we vote him off the island despite his talent.

If a guy like Hartline does what he can to contribute even if it means giving up a few touches, he's not talented.

I think we all saw last week that he has a place in the offense. His quiet acceptance of his new role is refreshing...sort of Patriot's like where players do what's best for the collective.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:48 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

:yay:

NFLJunkie wrote:
If a guy like Marshall gets pissed because he's not getting enough touches and becomes a distraction we vote him off the island despite his talent.

If a guy like Hartline does what he can to contribute even if it means giving up a few touches, he's not talented.

I think we all saw last week that he has a place in the offense. His quiet acceptance of his new role is refreshing...sort of Patriot's like where players do what's best for the collective.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:05 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:

Hartline is a team player but is less talented. Marshall is talented, but a team cancer.
They just suck for different reasons.
:haha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:30 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:
6 million for does what he can? Yikes.

NFLJunkie wrote:
I think we all saw last week that he has a place in the offense. His quiet acceptance of his new role is refreshing...

Yes running a route any underdeveloped rookie can run, because anything else is asking to much. He is accepting of it because he knows he is better served being quite. He knows if you are going to be a distraction then you have better be producing. He knows he blows and hit the lottery when Miami resigned him & that no other team would pay him that type money to do what he can.

NFLJunkie wrote:
.sort of Patriot's like where players do what's best for the collective.
The Pats do not pay those players 6 million per

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:09 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

If Hartline is as bad as indicated then the coaching staff and GM should be let go for putting him on the field so much.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:12 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Bottomeline is Hartline is over paid for what he does.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:17 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
If Hartline is as bad as indicated then the coaching staff and GM should be let go for putting him on the field so much.

The GM that signed him has been let go. We dog Ireland for all his bad FA signing, but remember he did sign Hartline as a FA.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:13 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

The GM that signed him has been let go. We dog Ireland for all his bad FA signing, but remember he did sign Hartline as a FA.

The current coaches and GM should be let go because as Hartline has been described it would be addition by subtraction and the fact he is still in Miami and playing demands that they be let go now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:25 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
The current coaches and GM should be let go because as Hartline has been described it would be addition by subtraction and the fact he is still in Miami and playing demands that they be let go now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:47 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Its all Irelands fault..

Problem solved.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:31 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:

Its ok buddy, I know some really good counselors if you think that would help.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

AQNOR wrote:

Um... half of that equation has already been completed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:44 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:

Its ok buddy, I know some really good counselors if you think that would help.

Good for you. Generally speaking only people that need them know them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:30 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Thanks. Well for me personally I need good counselors all the time and even better I get good counsel from them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:29 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
6 million for does what he can? Yikes.

NFLJunkie wrote:
I think we all saw last week that he has a place in the offense. His quiet acceptance of his new role is refreshing...

Yes running a route any underdeveloped rookie can run, because anything else is asking to much. He is accepting of it because he knows he is better served being quite. He knows if you are going to be a distraction then you have better be producing. He knows he blows and hit the lottery when Miami resigned him & that no other team would pay him that type money to do what he can.

NFLJunkie wrote:
.sort of Patriot's like where players do what's best for the collective.
The Pats do not pay those players 6 million per

He was a 1000yd WR the past two seasons with marginal QBs. They purposely forced more action to Wallace this year taking looks away from Hartline. Is that his fault?

Okay so if any rookie could run those routes and turn them into 30+ yard WRs where have they been all season? Why hasn't Landry done more on those type routes... he has certainly caught more than a few drag, crossing routes this season.

You're probably right about the Patriots not paying him but then again they've not made it to the superbowl precisely because they let talent go.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:03 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:

He was a 1000yd WR the past two seasons with marginal QBs.
So? Is that suppose to be that impressive considering the Wr talent on this team?

NFLJunkie wrote:

They purposely forced more action to Wallace this year taking looks away from Hartline. Is that his fault?
Why are they having to force it? Prior to Landry getting up to speed it was all they had to throw too.

NFLJunkie wrote:

Okay so if any rookie could run those routes and turn them into 30+ yard WRs where have they been all season? Why hasn't Landry done more on those type routes... he has certainly caught more than a few drag, crossing routes this season.
The guy makes one play in 10 games and we think he is doing something. BTW, Landry has been to busy doing the heavy lifting.

NFLJunkie wrote:

You're probably right about the Patriots not paying him but then again they've not made it to the superbowl precisely because they let talent go.
They have let talent good all the time. Better talent than what Hartline could ever bring.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Why are they having to force it? Prior to Landry getting up to speed it was all they had to throw too.
Hartline was an integral part of last year's offense. He's been forgotten in Lazor's offense. Last week was a reminder that he still does tough work underneath.

Quote:
So? Is that suppose to be that impressive considering the Wr talent on this team?
So outside of Wallace who did you have early in the season? Wallace's big play potential has been sidelined due to RT's inability to hit him deep so they've turned him into last year's version of Hartline. Landry has come on nicely as of late but was an afterthought as well early on.

Quote:
The guy makes one play in 10 games and we think he is doing something. BTW, Landry has been to busy doing the heavy lifting.
Again, it isn't his fault he's not getting the targets. I've went back and looked at film...he's been open. RT has struggled to get the timing of the new routes down. He's hitting guys late out of the break. So he's leaned toward guys like Wallace who get more separation.

Quote:
They have let talent good all the time. Better talent than what Hartline could ever bring.
Hartline would be a 1400yd WR with Brady throwing the ball to him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:13 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Hartline was an integral part of last year's offense. He's been forgotten in Lazor's offense. Last week was a reminder that he still does tough work underneath.
Is that an endorsement considering how poor the O was last yr? Being the best of a bad group does not make you good.

NFLJunkie wrote:
So outside of Wallace who did you have early in the season? Wallace's big play potential has been sidelined due to RT's inability to hit him deep so they've turned him into last year's version of Hartline. Landry has come on nicely as of late but was an afterthought as well early on. .
Not sure what point you are wanting to make with this. A rookie Wr. at the start of the yr is never an after thought, they have yet to get up to speed.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Again, it isn't his fault he's not getting the targets. I've went back and looked at film...he's been open.
Yes, it is his fault for not getting open sooner.

NFLJunkie wrote:
RT has struggled to get the timing of the new routes down. He's hitting guys late out of the break. So he's leaned toward guys like Wallace who get more separation.
Who get more separation? That is not a good thing for Hartline.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Hartline would be a 1400yd WR with Brady throwing the ball to him.
Of course. Look what Brady did for Welker. Brady's talent makes players willing to work look better than they truly are.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Why do people always conjure that "If he played with Brady he'd have a billion yards and a thousand TD's"???

Wes Welker is INFINITELY better than Brian Hartline. Beyond that, if Brady is such a lightning rod for every WR that touches the ball in their offense, then what about another Dolphin castoff Brian Tyms? What's he doing? How about a non-Dolphin who supposedly would blow up like Welker named Danny Amendola? How about Kendrell Thompkins or Aaron Dobson?

Brian Hartline WAS the recipient of a previously shaky WR core. The ball had to go somewhere, especially when you're chucking it over 500 times a year like Tanny was when Hartline put together those BARELY 1,000 yard seasons.

He's lost in this offense because his abilities are already maxed out. He's primarily a sideline, double-move runner. He lacks any semblance of dynamic abilities and throughout his career has shown he's allergic to the endzone and YAC.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:38 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I dont think its fair to look at brian now and say his numbers were a prpduct of circumstance. He earnedthose numbers, earned the contract but hes lost a step with the knee injury. If he ever regains it i guess only time will tell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:57 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Manhattan wrote:
I dont think its fair to look at brian now and say his numbers were a product of circumstance. He earned those numbers, earned the contract but hes lost a step with the knee injury. If he ever regains it i guess only time will tell

How did he earn that contract with avg. of 1 TD a yr? Its not the knee injury. Its the talent at WR in Miami has gotten better and other WR are getting open quicker.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Manhattan wrote:
I dont think its fair to look at brian now and say his numbers were a prpduct of circumstance. He earnedthose numbers, earned the contract but hes lost a step with the knee injury. If he ever regains it i guess only time will tell

It's fair and it's basic logic of the circumstances he played under. Now that we have other options in the passing offense, the ball is going elsewhere.

As for his injury, it just compounds the matter. He's gone next year, I don't know why he's such a hard guy for people to let go of. There is so much more talent at the WR position out there to infuse into this team via the draft. Keep in mind I used to be on the pro-Hartline side of things ..... but it's painfully obvious he's maxed out.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:13 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Why does this thread sound like such a whiny feud between high school girls!?!?

Hartline has been non-existent in a NEW OFFENSE. FACT.
Hartline WAS PAID for past accomplishments.... FACT
Paid by a GM that has been run out of town. FACT
Hartline has been passed in productivity by Landry. FACT
Hartline probably will not have a role with the 2015 squad. FACT

Either way. Just because he is not going to produce 1000 yards for the third year in a row, does not mean that he sucks or is useless.

You can never have enough good receivers on a squad. Marino could probably testify to that.
Any weapon you could give a young Tannehill is welcomed.

Hartline may be a sideline double move guy... And that might be all he can bring to the table.

BUT theres 6 games left in the season... we have an ailing Clay, a dinged up O-line.... a featured RB playng with a seperated shoulder.... another that went onto the IR....

Im glad we have Hartline on the roster... what would happen to this team if Wallace or Landry were to end up laying on the ground for an injury time out....

Hartline would immediately get more looks, and I still would rather have him on the perimeter doing what he can do, rather than calling up some one from the Practice squad, or relying on Gibson/Matthews to become an overnight #1 receiver....

Miami is in the thick of a playoff run, this Sunday will mean alot for the chances. Hartlines contract is signed, stamped and most paid already... could we have used that money for other players... SURE.... is anyone disputing that he is worth what he's being paid- NO. But we have him... at least for now, just like we have Wheeler, and Ellerbe.... deal with it, use what we can, and Hickey will fix it when the cap causalty isnt as high.

Period

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:27 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Why does this thread sound like such a whiny feud between high school girls!?!?z
That is what we are. If there is no drama then its no fun.

SkyHigh314 wrote:

Outside of finding a sucker to trade him to. Believe its cheaper to keep him then to cut him.

SkyHigh314 wrote:

Either way. Just because he is not going to produce 1000 yards for the third year in a row, does not mean that he sucks or is useless.
Until he starts producing, he sucks & is basically useless.

SkyHigh314 wrote:

You can never have enough good receivers on a squad. Marino could probably testify to that..
True. Keeping Hartline on the team leaves a good WR off the team.

SkyHigh314 wrote:

Any weapon you could give a young Tannehill is welcomed.
Hartline is not a weapon.

SkyHigh314 wrote:

Hartline may be a sideline double move guy... And that might be all he can bring to the table.
If so, no wonder Ireland has not found a new job.

SkyHigh314 wrote:

what would happen to this team if Wallace or Landry were to end up laying on the ground for an injury time out....
Miami would lose, just like they have been doing the past several yrs. Don't expect Hartline to pick up the slack.

SkyHigh314 wrote:

Hartline would immediately get more looks, and I still would rather have him on the perimeter doing what he can do, rather than calling up some one from the Practice squad, or relying on Gibson/Matthews to become an overnight #1 receiver....
I would put my trust in either of them over Hartline.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:43 pm 

SkyHigh314 wrote:

This comment is not factual, but speculative. FACT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:44 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:

Outside of finding a sucker to trade him to. Believe its cheaper to keep him then to cut him.

I actually have enjoyed this thread.. But....

Quote:
More to the point, however, is that the devil is in the details of the contract. It might be worth $30.77 million over the life of the contract, but there is an escape hatch for Miami if things do not go as planned.

This contract structure means cutting Hartline would count for about $4.2 million of the 2015 cap if things do not pan out for him in Miami by then. If the Dolphins were to to utilize the June 1 cut rule, the cut would cost $2.1 million against the cap for 2015 and 2016.

Quote:
Whether Hartline can live up to the full value of the contract will be determined by his play over the next two seasons. If he doesn't, the Dolphins will have overpaid him for two seasons with a relatively easy way out.

Its not like the Dolphins could not, or did not sign more FA's, Wallace and Gibson came in the same off season as Hartlines extension. That was followed by them continuing to upgrade with drafting Landry. Also developing a guy like Matthews who is perfect for the here one week gone the other WR role.

This topic is, and has been blown out of proportion for a while now.... Not like its your money being spent, or had they not done this we would have had the ability to build a championship team...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:48 pm 

Dphins4me wrote:

Trading him or cutting him will have the same end result on the cap. FACT

Cutting Hartline and designating him as a June 1st cut or actually cutting him after June 1st will be cheaper than keeping him. FACT

Hartline will not be on the 2015 Dolphins regular season roster. SPECULATION

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:04 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dang, you all are beating this to death.

Does anyone know who won the argument, because I can't tell?

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:10 pm 

Big Dave wrote:

I did. FACT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

How convenient. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:54 pm 

Rock Sexton wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

How convenient. LOL

Why is it convenient?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:25 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:

Why is it convenient?

:haha

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

When in doubt on this play the Rich card....it almost as good as a trump card: FACT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:53 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

This all before Hartline has a 3 TD game @ Denver tomorrow, and we all crown him the team MVP.

We know hes due for a 13 reception, 150 yard game, once every year! LOL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:29 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

SkyHigh314 wrote:
This all before Hartline has a 3 TD game @ Denver tomorrow, and we all crown him the team MVP.

We know hes due for a 13 reception, 150 yard game, once every year! LOL

How great would it be for him to be capable of producing games like this one, plus have more games where he also produces a TD here & there. For Hartline to be worthy of his pay to produce 70+ catches 1200 Yds & 7-9 TDs.

Its the consistent rarely providing to the O that floors me. 3 catches for 50 Yds every game & a couple over the top games to push him over 1K with 1-3 TDs does not impress myself for his pay.

Would not hear a sound out of me on him, if he were making 2-3 million and running in the 4 spot because I do think he can produce, just not to his current pay & position. I believe he hinders the O in the redzone badly and is one of the main reason Miami has redzone issues.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
He will sign with NE and catch over 100 passes and 8 TDs ... 4 against Miami

The Ripping Crew strikes again!!! I have to laugh when folks just tear into one of the players. Yes, we get it that Hartline is struggling; Yes, we get it that he doesn't fit into the offense like he did before. Yes, we get it that when Hartline gets released that Belicheck will sign him and see to it he catches those 100 passes JUNKIE :haha

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next