Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Officiating
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:30 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I can't remember the last game where so many calls went the Phins way. My compliments to the refs and to whoever made they sure had a good time in Miami. ; )

Post subject: Re: Officiating
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:21 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

LOL...yeah I was pretty stunned as well. The grounding call was a makeup call from one in the first half where he really threw it away. The interference... I still think it was interference because you can't go through the WR to get to the ball...and that's what he did. It was close, but the defender arrived before the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:43 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I disagree about the interference call. That was a gift imo.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:20 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

There are a bunch of Bills fans on PFT blaming this loss on the refs, ...ummmmm....your team hasn't scored a TD in almost 3 entire games. Blame your piss poor offense for your last 2 losses.

Last edited by swerve13 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:22 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

The grounding call was absolutely correct and they need to start calling more of these. QB's get away with absolute garbage throwaways too often when they're about to get crushed by defenders.
I agree the pass interference on Gilmore was wrong. But not why we won the game. Even my Bills fan friends thought we deserved to win.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:33 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

swerve13 wrote:
There are a bunch of Bills fans on PFT blaming this loss on the refs, ...ummmmm....your team hasn't scored a TD in almost 3 entire games. Blame your piss poor offense for your last 2 losses.

Well its nice to see other fans besides Dolphin fans blaming the refs. I think the officials realized they can no longer keep this dynasty bound team down. They have probably kept us out of the post season at least 5 or 6 times in recent years. Besides the refs the only team that can beat us is ourselves. We are truly the class of the NFL. Would not want to be Denver now that this staff has 4 extra days to prepare and players will be a bit more rested.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:12 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

both were solid calls... i would support them either way.

The intentional grounding was inside the pocket.... and a deep heave to the sideline.... whether there was a player there or not, it was a desperation throw away.... convienently the Receiver broke in the wrong direction.. Orton should have cranked it deep down the middle.... but he didnt, he threw basically a post corner route for a receiver that ran a post. SOLID CALL.

The PI call- You cant go through the receiver... although thats not what he did. I think it was a ticky tacky kind of play, but if Miami was on defense, that would have been called regardless, so screw them. No seriously.... watch the defender's hand, thats all that needed to be seen. The defender did not play the ball, he played the jersey number of the miami WR... Blocking the number is not playing the ball.... blocking the ball is playing the ball..... and he never attempted to play the ball..... he was in bad position, and was timing the play to strip the ball. I would defend the call..... and we sure as all heck know that that flag would have been thrown against miami 9.5 out of 10 times... so Im glad it went our way for a change.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:14 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

The grounding call was correct. I called it in the chatroom as it happened.

The PI was a bad call, that was good defense by the DB.

However, I think Hogan should have been called for OPI earlier in the game when he stiff armed Grimes and then caught the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:17 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Chris freaking Hogan, I couldn't believe that crap last night. lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:04 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

SkyHigh314 wrote:
both were solid calls... i would support them either way.

The intentional grounding was inside the pocket.... and a deep heave to the sideline.... whether there was a player there or not, it was a desperation throw away.... convienently the Receiver broke in the wrong direction.. Orton should have cranked it deep down the middle.... but he didnt, he threw basically a post corner route for a receiver that ran a post. SOLID CALL.

The PI call- You cant go through the receiver... although thats not what he did. I think it was a ticky tacky kind of play, but if Miami was on defense, that would have been called regardless, so screw them. No seriously.... watch the defender's hand, thats all that needed to be seen. The defender did not play the ball, he played the jersey number of the miami WR... Blocking the number is not playing the ball.... blocking the ball is playing the ball..... and he never attempted to play the ball..... he was in bad position, and was timing the play to strip the ball. I would defend the call..... and we sure as all heck know that that flag would have been thrown against miami 9.5 out of 10 times... so Im glad it went our way for a change.

THIS!

SkyHigh is 100% dead on the money about both calls. Think about it.... If Miami did the same thing to a Patriot receiver in Boston, you know darn well that is called 9.5 times out of 10.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:25 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The grounding call was correct, Orton was under duress and threw it in the vicinity of the wide-receiver, however, he was throwing it away to avoid the sack in the end-zone. As for the pass interference call, it sure was pass interference by rule.

pass interference (PI) is a foul that occurs when a player interferes with an eligible receiver's ability to make a fair attempt to catch a forward pass. Pass interference may include tripping, pushing, pulling, or cutting in front of the receiver, covering the receiver's face, or pulling on the receiver's hands or arms.

Note that It does not include catching or batting the ball before it reaches the receiver.

Once the ball touches any defensive player or eligible offensive receiver the above rules no longer apply and the defender may tackle the receiver or attempt to prevent him from gaining control of the ball.

The defensive back's shoulder pad made contact (his body first) with our receiver, our receiver was in position. If that's not pass interference, then I don't know football.

d-1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:37 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
I can't remember the last game where so many calls went the Phins way. My compliments to the refs and to whoever made they sure had a good time in Miami. ; )

I still cannot believe Hogan pushes Grimes down in the open field & catches the pass & nothing gets called.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:59 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I agree with Rich. I said the same thing, only, to the TV . Whether or not we get called for the penalty in NE or not, it's a bad call.

I can understand Buffalo being upset at the "o-phish-iating" overall, but that isn't what cost them the game. They couldn't score.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:09 pm 

dolphans1 wrote:
If that's not pass interference, then I don't know football.

d-1

Thank you for confirming what we already suspected.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:31 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Rich wrote:
The grounding call was correct. I called it in the chatroom as it happened.

The PI was a bad call, that was good defense by the DB.

However, I think Hogan should have been called for OPI earlier in the game when he stiff armed Grimes and then caught the ball.

Not to mention that Wake was held the entire game like he usually is. We won fair and square.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:33 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

I still cannot believe Hogan pushes Grimes down in the open field & catches the pass & nothing gets called.

Yeah I was yelling at that one too.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]