Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:46 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sdays-win/

Quote:
Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin predicted his team would “beat that a$$” when they faced the Dolphins on Thursday night, but defensive lineman Jared Odrick reported that all was well in the wake of Miami’s 22-9 victory.

My a$$ feels fine,” Odrick said, via ESPN.com. “So, I’m not sure what was supposed to happen. But my a$$ does feel fine. You never want to give another team bulletin-board material. You really don’t.”

McKelvin left the game with an ankle injury, so he didn’t have much impact on the proceedings outside of the motivating factor that Odrick referred to while apprising us of the state of his hindquarters. Based on the way the Dolphins played, Odrick may not have been the only one feeling that way as the Dolphins didn’t allow a touchdown and ran the ball for more than five yards a pop against a Buffalo team that will leave Florida with their own rears kicked and very little chance of making the playoffs.

The Dolphins, on the other hand, are alive and kicking thanks to how well they held up in a short week.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:54 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I loved that play when Lamar Miller broke McKelvins ankles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:17 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I think every AFC team respects us to the point that they are nervous about us.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:59 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:

The Dolphins have been playing well the past 7 games. I don't think teams are nervous about us, but they know it isn't going to be an easy game.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:07 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Miami vs Denver

Enough said.

If Miami wins against Denver ON THE ROAD.... there is no way they can be denied as the most feared team in the AFC. That would mean Miami has victories over the AFC's top 2 seeds (DEN & NE).

We'll see what happens, I know a Denver thread will pop up soon, so we can hold that conversation for later.

But as Deion said last night, this is a team that is 2 plays away from being the top seed in the AFC.... Miami has to be considered a threat.... and a playoff contender.

Beat Denver next weekend... Miami will be a Super Bowl threat. Period.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:12 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

FINesse wrote:

I know you've got your schtick going, Mitch, but I actually think that's a true statement. We're one of those teams that you don't want to play because you don't know which version of the Dolphins you're going to get. We can crap the bed one week and look like worldbeaters the next. We have a scary defense when they are coached to be aggressive. And while Tannehill still needs to get better, he just got the job done against a defense that provides match up nightmares for the Dolphins.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:16 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Denver is very beatable, they are men, not machines. Our pass rus is gonna get to manning and their defense is not as good as Det and Buff. The pats did it, and so will we.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:20 am 

Makchell wrote:
Denver is very beatable, they are men, not machines. Our pass rus is gonna get to manning and their defense is not as good as Det and Buff. The pats did it, and so will we.

I disagree on Denver's defense.
4th in yards allowed, 10th in sacks, 7th in INTs, 9th in QB rating allowed, 1st in rushing yards per attempt allowed.

With 29 sacks and 175 pressures, they can bring the heat.

Don't sleep on this Denver defense. It isn't smoke and mirrors like the Chargers.

They are legit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:27 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Denver has beaten Indy, KC, Arizona, SF and SD - not exactly cheap wins.

Miami better hope a 4 man pass rush can slow down Manning because he has really good targets.

I don't think it is impossible for Miami to win, but it will have to be like the NE game where the defense just stifles Manning and the offense is efficient to capitalize.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:55 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think our defense will do enough to bring Denver back to reality, but the O will still have to put up 28+ to win. 10 days to prepare. Start 6 hours ago

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:06 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I disagree on Denver's defense.
4th in yards allowed, 10th in sacks, 7th in INTs, 9th in QB rating allowed, 1st in rushing yards per attempt allowed.

Don't sleep on this Denver defense. It isn't smoke and mirrors like the Chargers.

They are legit.

I am not saying that they are a bad defense, but when you have Peyton on your side and he often provides a large lead, that makes the opposing side pretty one dimensional.
Being behind, you have to pass more and run less in the second half. As a result, there are more passing attempts which lead to the defensive lineman pinning their ears back and getting more sacks/pressures. Also if the defense knows a pass is coming, they can more easily get INTs. Just look at how we played in the 4th quarter with the lead. Buffalo was unable to get many yards just dropping back and passing. Orton looked terrible, compared to the first half with their balanced attack. Rushing yards per attempt is a legit stat I agree though

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:14 am 

marc23 wrote:
I am not saying that they are a bad defense, but when you have Peyton on your side and he often provides a large lead, that makes the opposing side pretty one dimensional.

Being behind, you have to pass more and run less in the second half. As a result, there are more passing attempts which lead to the defensive lineman pinning their ears back and getting more sacks/pressures. Also if the defense knows a pass is coming, they can more easily get INTs. Just look at how we played in the 4th quarter with the lead. Buffalo was unable to get many yards just dropping back and passing. Orton looked terrible, compared to the first half with their balanced attack. Rushing yards per attempt is a legit stat I agree though

You still need a legit defense to pin their ears back and get pressure and cover.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:05 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:

They are legit.

Just throwing this out. The question for myself is how many come in garbage time when teams have to throw and they just pin their ears back & bring it?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:58 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Denver has a GOOD defense.... Miami's is better. Stats show it.

This game has two factors:

Miami's O vs Denver's D- I think the bar has been set. Miami's O needs to score 24-30 points to have a chance.... Miami is averaging 24.9 points per game.... So Miami's Offense needs to bring its A game in order to have a chance... which is still very possible.

Peyton Manning vs Miami's D- Obviously this is the showcase matchup here. Strength versus Strength. I would say Miami has to cause AT LEAST 1 turnover, probably 2... And Miami needs to keep the 3rd down conversions to less than 40%. I think it is very possible to keep Denver under their 31.8 points per game mark. Actually, I would be highly disappointed in this Defense if Denver breaks 30 points. But the scoring is not the problem.... The problem is Peyton can score from anywhere, and he can move the ball quickly.

The biggest Key to this game will be limiting Denver's offensive Drives. I would say if Denver gets more than 12 possessions, this is a loss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:36 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Man, Denver's D did great against that juggernut of an O that the Rams have! lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Rams attacked the edge of the Broncos Defense with the running game with a speedy back. Hello Lamar Miller. Ptiches, reverses, dump passes.... made them defend the edge and there were lanes for the RB. QB was efficient and made no mistakes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:35 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Screw Lamar, pitch it to Williams!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:42 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Rich wrote:

They are legit.

Just throwing this out. The question for myself is how many come in garbage time when teams have to throw and they just pin their ears back & bring it?

No this is legitimate. Denver's defense is usually only having to defend the pass while protecting a double digit lead. They swarm to the ball but the Rams stuck with the running game and it paid off. The Rams also connected on a deep pass... something Miami will have to do because Del Rio likes to play a lot of single safety.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:47 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

So we know Wallace will be open deep... but...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:51 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

This is the week for the deep pass. Denver is gonna stack the box to stop the run.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:01 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
This is the week for the deep pass. Denver is gonna stack the box to stop the run.

Longest pass of the year is 50 yards, not sure how much of it even had air time. But RT is tied with Rivers this year at 39th in that stat..

If a team played a safety any more than 20 yards off the LOS it would be useless...

That being said they still do not call the play enough, there is still a chance of a PI call.. I always see it as high reward low risk, worst case its an INT, but still chances of incomplete, actually making the play, or a DB holds Wallace as he blows by him...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:46 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Ski_Money wrote:
So we know Wallace will be open deep... but...

How about throw deep to someone other than Wallace?

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]