Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 Post subject: Richie Incognito....?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:56 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Hey Guys, Incognito is still available, why not sign him for insurance purposes to shore up our OL?

Why is he being black-balled?

d-1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:13 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It would be a smart late season addition. Of course they won't do it because of the appearance of a "void" in the locker room from a leadership standpoint and we know how that went the last time.

The whole thing is stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:20 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

It's just a shame a man has to lose his career, livelihood, when Jonathan Martin who started all this is playing.

There are men who have done far worse, in silence, behind closed doors.

I think Incognito paid a harsh price and I agree, its all so stupid.

d-1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:56 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I loved Incognito's work ethic on the field. Unfortunately he has a way of destroying chemistry along the offensive line and it will stick with him ... especially with the Dolphins. That ship has sailed and sank in the Bermuda Triangle.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:48 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

The Buc's passed on Incognito earlier this year. Enough said.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:09 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

So did the Broncos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:59 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Yeah..........the Broncos & the Bucs passed on him, and I'm sure a lot of teams are in need of a guard.
I got a feeling something else is going on with him, whether he's not in shape or completely gone nuts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:10 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

dolphans1 wrote:
It's just a shame a man has to lose his career, livelihood, when Jonathan Martin who started all this is playing.

There are men who have done far worse, in silence, behind closed doors.

I think Incognito paid a harsh price and I agree, its all so stupid.

d-1

In truth, the Phins are the third team to kick him off the squad for behavioral issues. Teams are probably worried about what he'll do to their vehicles.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:29 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
We're required to remind you that these strong takes are SATIRE. Sorry, not sorry. All spelling errors are intentional, we think. -Ed.

:fart:
Quote:
I'm told by league circles that The Dolphins have privatley acknowledged that they need Richie's "edge" back in the lockerroom. So last offseason they went out and signed Cortland Finnegan who's basically Richie Incognito Lite to fill the Football O'Doyle sized hole in there roster. Dont get me wrong Cortland has done a good enough job getting personal foul calls and whatnot, but hes too hamfisted to even begin to understand the nuance that Richie brings. Cortland will make fun of your natonality or your race, but Richie plays a mental game with you one day refering to you as a "half-n****r piece of sh*t" and the next a "Dirty Pakistani" just to repect your divirsity as a teammate and a friend. Its that type of comitment to exellence thats earned Richie such a good reputation accross the league.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/11/14/7219637/miami-dolphins-richie-incognito-2014-playoffs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:31 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

shularino wrote:

In truth, the Phins are the third team to kick him off the squad for behavioral issues. Teams are probably worried about what he'll do to their vehicles.

Factually he was not kicked off the Bills. He was a last season waiver claim pick up by them & became a FA at the end of the yr.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:28 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
shularino wrote:

Factually he was not kicked off the Bills. He was a last season waiver claim pick up by them & became a FA at the end of the yr.

He was a restricted FA at Buffalo, so they had the option to pick up his contract. His on field play merited an extension, but the Bills did not tender him. The Phins then signed him to a one year contract with a base salary of $725k with a max cap of $1.35M with incentives. Sounds like there were some off field issues if the Bills weren't willing to pay around a million for a starting lineman.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:44 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

shularino wrote:
Sounds like there were some off field issues if the Bills weren't willing to pay around a million for a starting lineman.

Speculation on your part. Not being resigned is not being kicked off the team and why I posted factually the Bills did not kick him off the team The Bills choose to move on from him. Maybe the money he ask for was so far off they never tried to resign him. Unless there is a report out there saying why then we are left with his contract ran out & he signed with another team.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:45 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

He was 1 incident away from never playing again when Miami signed him, NFL double secret probation.. Bot on and off the field issues were the reason, but mainly his temper was the concern, stupid flagrant penalties.

We knew that, he knew that...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:32 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'd still take him back in a heartbeat.

I think it'd be a ballsy move that this Dolphins team doesnt care about the media witch hunt, and wants to win.

Sadly, I think our ownership is more concerned about filling up seats more than winning at the moment.
The proof is in the pudding- the London home game next season is clearly an effort to win a superbowl and get a bigger home game for another AFC team..... not an attempt to get their with the actual home team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:34 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:
He was 1 incident away from never playing again when Miami signed him, NFL double secret probation.. Bot on and off the field issues were the reason, but mainly his temper was the concern, stupid flagrant penalties.

We knew that, he knew that...

Do not recall many on field stupid flagrant penalties in Miami. Personally I think he is being wronged by the NFL. Its not about what he did, its about the public reaction to it. Just look at the different between all the abuse by players & how it was handled against the way it was handled with Rice prior /post video.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:39 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If he is the best available option... and your team is contending.... you bring him in!

I would expect to call Champ Bailey as scab labor.
I would expect to call Richie as well.

Miami won't do either.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:52 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Bailey's retired........he signed a 1 day contract with the Broncos so he could retire as a Bronco.

Incognito's been brought in by two teams, so those teams' management were willing to overlook his past if the interview and workout sessions went well. It's not just the Bully Scandal that's keeping him from getting a job.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:17 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

dolphans1 wrote:
Hey Guys, Incognito is still available, why not sign him for insurance purposes to shore up our OL?

d-1

Pipe dream man, you really think this organization could bring him back after that fiasco?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:26 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

swerve13 wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:

d-1

Pipe dream man, you really think this organization could bring him back after that fiasco?

Exactly, I don't care if we get a new owner, coaching staff, GM, move to London.......Incognito will never be a Dolphin again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:38 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

shularino wrote:
Exactly, I don't care if we get a new owner, coaching staff, GM, move to London.......Incognito will never be a Dolphin again.

And that isn't an understatement, either. Not only hasn't he played in a year, but what he did is called "wearing out your welcome" with the Dolphins. He gave the Dolphins image a major black eye.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:13 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

SkyHigh314 wrote:
If he is the best available option... and your team is contending.... you bring him in!

I would expect to call Champ Bailey as scab labor.
I would expect to call Richie as well.

Miami won't do either.

What makes you say we wouldn't? Bailey's agent said that there were multiple teams interested in signing him (Before he retired). I don't know if Miami was one of those teams or not but just because they didn't sign doesn't mean we didn't try.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:14 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:

You are correct, because this Org/NFL has no backbone. If I thought he would help this team I would sign him and tell the world that the NFL has and continues to employ players who have done far worse than anything he has done combined.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:27 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Uhhh yeahhhhh......we should be more like the Raiders.

THAT BOY CAN DANCE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:39 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

shularino wrote:
Uhhh yeahhhhh......we should be more like the Raiders.

If you mean the Raiders of the 70's/80s then sign me up. The NFL believes they can have this brutal game where men try to tear the head of each other & then everyone is a choir boy after the game.

Half the NFL would be in jail if not for the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
And that isn't an understatement, either. Not only hasn't he played in a year, but what he did is called "wearing out your welcome" with the Dolphins. He gave the Dolphins image a major black eye.

Ya, because it didn't already have one from it's buffoonery the last decade and a half. LOL

I honestly don't even know anyone who cares about what happened.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:12 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A little more info ....

Quote:
3. Will the Broncos sign Richie Incognito?

Denver hasn’t given him a job yet; if he’d been on the team for Sunday’s visit from Miami, the story lines (and punchlines) would have written themselves. It remains unclear whether Denver will give him a shot.

“No real updates,” coach John Fox said this week. “It’s kind of a personnel matter and we did have him in for a workout. I think that was well-documented. . . . We work out a lot of people throughout the season. We’re always looking to improve our football team any way possible and I’ll leave it at that.”

So what does Incognito’s former head coach think of the possibility of Incognito getting a job with the Broncos?

“I think Denver has a great front office and a great personnel staff, and they have to certainly make decisions that are best for their football team,” coach Joe Philbin said. “I’ll leave it at that.”

So they’ll both leave it at that. For now, the NFL has continued to leave Incognito on his couch.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-and-out/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:56 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
I honestly don't even know anyone who cares about what happened.

You would think no one now would give a rats a$$ about any of this.

It is a ridiculous shame that Incognito is still not back playing in the NFL. Too bad he didn't play defense as I would have loved to see him get signed and play against Jonathan Martin. The whole entire situation was a Goat Rodeo and as it was said earlier in this thread, half the players from other decades of playing NFL football would have been thrown out out of the league. IMO, they are turning stupid things into lawsuit situations just like in corporate America.

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]