All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:05 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Just watched this game, its basically over, but Manning the Broncos look bad.

We have the Bronco's next, but to me Manning seems so predictable and slower.

Rams move to 4-6

22-7 St. Louis

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:10 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

They already have Hillman injured & possibly out for weeks.

Today the stud tight end, Julius Thomas left with an ankle injury. Also, Monte Ball re-injured his groin. & Emmanuel Sanders left the game with a possible concussion.

Thats the good news.

The bad news is that is the teams/Peyton's 2nd ugly game in a row. So we have to hope they aren't fired up & angry when facing the Dolphins next.

If Miami can't make Peyton uncomfortable in the pocket then the only chance for a Dolphins win will likely be a mistake free game

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:14 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The bad news is that is the teams/Peyton's 2nd ugly game in a row. So we have to hope they aren't fired up & angry when facing the Dolphins next

I look at it different. Their confidence is broken, they are wounded. It's feast time for MIA. I'd be licking my chops, like I said, they are men and men can be defeated. Let's go Dolphins!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:16 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I have always wished for Peyton Manning to fail, for shunning us and not coming to Miami. I know that sounds a bit immature and childish, but he didn't even consider us.

I bought into all the media hype that he would come here and was a perfect fit.

I also lost respect for John Elway who said Tebow earned the starting position for the Broncos, then solicited (I could use a far worse word, that starts with a "w") after Manning and then traded Tebow. I guess his cars salesmanship came out, cannot wait for the Football Life 30-30 on this story, 30 years from now.

What kills me about Elway was, he was a player.

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Huge game next week. Hate seeing New England looking at home field through the playoffs.

Manning really was frustrated today. Once Sanders went down, Demariyus Thomas was the only viable option left and the Rams knew it. Welker is not the kind of target Manning needed.

I sure wish we got this game in Miami. I think NE got to play Denver at home.....of course.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:22 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

KC may end up taking the Division........they'll have the Lead after the Phins break the Broncos.

Peyton's been eating too many of those Papa John Giant Cookies.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Steve Zissou wrote:
They already have Hillman injured & possibly out for weeks.

Today the stud tight end, Julius Thomas left with an ankle injury. Also, Monte Ball re-injured his groin. & Emmanuel Sanders left the game with a possible concussion.

Thats the good news.

The bad news is that is the teams/Peyton's 2nd ugly game in a row. So we have to hope they aren't fired up & angry when facing the Dolphins next.

If Miami can't make Peyton uncomfortable in the pocket then the only chance for a Dolphins win will likely be a mistake free game

Was Peyton ugly against the Raiders? They got whacked 2 games ago in NE. I think he had 5 TD's against Oakland.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:37 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Good eye. I didn't notice because I was thinking Denver vs NE was last week.

Poor Sparano lol

Makchell wrote:
It's feast time for MIA. I'd be licking my chops, like I said, they are men and men can be defeated. Let's go Dolphins!!

Lets hope our boys were watching this game & are ready to study the tape all week.

I'd also say our Defense has more talent than STL & NE too

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:40 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

I was watching this game today and Peyton looked out of sync all game. We can only hope for a trend, but a bad couple games in a row and they'll be looking to fix things. Hopefully our defense can step it up and put him in the dirt early and often.

They are beatable, but they are still the Broncos and we're still the Dolphins. We haven't proved to much but people are starting to respect us some. Maybe we can keep on convincing them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:18 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Clearly looking ahead to us & they should be. Its not going to be pretty for Denver next week.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Pretty sure we 3x the defense of STL. We should study that game and see where they were successful

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
Pretty sure we 3x the defense of STL. We should study that game and see where they were successful

I think a big key to their success was injuries to Monte Ball, Julius Thomas and then Emanuel Sanders. That will disrupt any game plan!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:08 pm 

Well since Peyton never played against the 85 Bears or the Steel Curtain he has never seen a Defense like he will see on Sunday. The only bad thing is when we pound Denver we might give the Patriots the road to home field advantage but we will pound them as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:47 pm 

Stop the run and cover the short pass

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Clearly looking ahead to us & they should be. Its not going to be pretty for Denver next week.

Clearly.......... only if you're a meth head.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I watched the game. St Louis shut down the run, forced the Broncos into short throws and made tackles. A lot of those throws were 1-3 yd catches. Tackle made.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:13 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

But I thought Manning was an elite quarterback? We've been told on these forums by some that elite quarterbacks carry their teams, no excuses. Quarterbacks make their offensive lines and receivers better. A couple of key guys go down and all of sudden he looks like he's never played the game.

I guess Manning isn't really elite?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:32 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yes...

Dan Marino is/was elite. No rings. Nuff said.

Peyton is as elite as they come.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:45 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Using one game to determine a player is not elite is to small a sample size imo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:46 am 

Right over your head guys.... went right over your heads.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:32 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Sorry Jim, no one got it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:36 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

But I thought Manning was an elite quarterback? We've been told on these forums by some that elite quarterbacks carry their teams, no excuses. Quarterbacks make their offensive lines and receivers better. A couple of key guys go down and all of sudden he looks like he's never played the game.

I guess Manning isn't really elite?

And they do. manning has carried both teams his been on. Of course football is a team game and the pieces go together. Again, does a RB make the OL or the OL make a RB? Manning got hurt and the Colts spiraled out of the control. The Cards sucked for a long time, in comes Warner and they make it to a SB. Nuff said. The NFL is a QB driven league. Take our own RT, he's stepped it up no matter who is playing on the OL. He's taken his game to the next level, better decisions, less picks and we are winning. I know what you are trying to say and stir the pot. Who cares? It's OPINIONS.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:44 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Its true that the Dolphins win or lose based on Tannehill's day. If he sucks, we lose, if he doesn't, we win. Seems to be proven. I'm not going to say anything about consistency, we're on a streak so far. Just hope it holds.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:47 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Manning and Brady are still both good, they run the same plays over and over, short slant passes, short crossing patterns, short screens, over and over and over. Hurry-up, they try to keep it fast paced and keep you off balance. Brady threw 2 picks last night, ridiculous ones, but the Colts could not capitalize and take control of the game. The Colts defense looked terrible last night. Patsies are 8-2.

But last night, Manning was not there.

d-1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:56 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Its true that the Dolphins win or lose based on Tannehill's day. If he sucks, we lose, if he doesn't, we win. Seems to be proven

That's how I feel while other posters feel improved OL play and WRs play is the key. I believe QB play makes a team. Does that make me "right"? No, but some posters feel the need to be right to win the great prize in the end...lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 am 

Makchell wrote:
And they do. manning has carried both teams his been on.

To carry a team means to do it on your own. Everywhere Manning has been he has had elite talent to throw it to or hand it off to.

As I have mentioned before, all of the elite QBs in this league have those big targets to throw to. Look at elite QB Tom Brady when Gronk isn't himself. He can't carry the Patriots without Gronk. And now we see what happens to Manning when his pieces fall apart.

The "elite QB carries the team" meme is a fantasy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:58 am 

Ski_Money wrote:
Its true that the Dolphins win or lose based on Tannehill's day. If he sucks, we lose, if he doesn't, we win. Seems to be proven. I'm not going to say anything about consistency, we're on a streak so far. Just hope it holds.

We thrashed the Patriots game 1 of the season with Tannehill posting up some bad numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:00 am 

Makchell wrote:
I believe QB play makes a team.

So in the face of facts, Brady sucking without Gronk, Manning sucking when he loses several weapons, you continue with the same thing.

But it's other posters that feel the need to be right? :hithead:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:01 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

In their/our defense, Tannehill can be a product of the OL and the WRs also. The guy has the testicular fortitude of a male elephant, the trick is getting his head to go from Ultimate Warrior to Sun Tzu.

And Rich:
Indy is a prime example of Manning carrying a team. They are a 2 loss division winner with him, and a 1 win team the next year without him. Andrew Luck comes in and the ship is instantly righted.

As for week 1, we both know that is NOT the same Patriots team playing now, and we both know that 2nd half Tannehill was NOT the same as 1st half Tannehill in that game. Bottom line, if Tanny didn't do squat in the 2nd half, we're 5-5 right now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:08 am 

Ski_Money wrote:
Indy is a prime example of Manning carrying a team. They are a 2 loss division winner with him, and a 1 win team the next year without him.

In the neverending quest to simplify things and continue ignoring the facts, you fail to mention that the Colts were 10-6 the previous season and had 16 players on injured reserve that season, an astonishing number.

Quote:
Andrew Luck comes in and the ship is instantly righted.

Much credit goes to the front office for restocking the offense with two pretty good tight ends and TY Hilton. Luck also had the privilege of having an elite security blanket in Reggue Wayne.

Quote:
As for week 1, we both know that is NOT the same Patriots team playing now, and we both know that 2nd half Tannehill was NOT the same as 1st half Tannehill in that game. Bottom line, if Tanny didn't do squat in the 2nd half, we're 5-5 right now.

Knowshon Moreno carried the Dolphins in the second half. Tannehill went along for the ride.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:18 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

2 TD passes and some 2nd half yardage is nothing? Mareno ran 134 yards that game and yes, I blame him for winning, but sans 2 TD passes we lose. Tannehill turned it on in the 2nd half and that is what ignited the rest of the offense (and... the defense). Moreno didn't win the game alone, he simply kept the game alive in the 1st half.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:31 am 

Ski_Money wrote:
2 TD passes and some 2nd half yardage is nothing? Mareno ran 134 yards that game and yes, I blame him for winning, but sans 2 TD passes we lose. Tannehill turned it on in the 2nd half and that is what ignited the rest of the offense (and... the defense). Moreno didn't win the game alone, he simply kept the game alive in the 1st half.

Everyone (except you) can see Moreno ignited the offense with his hard running in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:43 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:

lol did you ever run for mayor in a green city? : )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:46 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

Everyone (except you) can see Moreno ignited the offense with his hard running in the game.

I hate you Rich... you have me defending Tannehill. This is an unforgivable offense. Plane and simple, we don't win that game with Tannehill playing hop-scotch (1st half) rather than football (2nd half).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:32 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

So in the face of facts, Brady sucking without Gronk, Manning sucking when he loses several weapons, you continue with the same thing.

But it's other posters that feel the need to be right?

I don't feel the need to be "right". It's my opinion, you throw out facts, but so do other psoters. Fact a bad Cardinal team turning it around with the signing of Warner. Fact Steelers didn't get over the hump until Ben came to town. Fact Colts sucked when Peyton got hurt. Fact Got better with Luck (a franchise QB). With your logic, why draft a QB in the 1st rd? Teams know you need a legit QB in this league, that's why they draft them high...talk about facts.

Disclaimer. Football is the ultimate team sport and yes you need protection, big WRs that make the tough catch and a defense that can stop the other team. So before you come back with "draft 11 QBs" for your team and other the nonsense that will be posted, don't. I agree with you about have the later, but IMO the QB is the most important position on the team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:11 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Go Dolphins

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:50 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Go Dolphins

No doubt, let's keep winning!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:09 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Vegas has the Broncos as 8 point favorites.

If J. Thomas, M. Ball, R. Hillman and E. Sanders aren't playing I think that number drops.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:27 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Vegas has the Broncos as 8 point favorites.

If J. Thomas, M. Ball, R. Hillman and E. Sanders aren't playing I think that number drops.

I think so too. Weds and thurs will tell us a lot about who's laying. Either way, they won't be 100%.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:16 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

J. Thomas and Sanders have accounted for 19 of Manning's TD passes. D. Thomas leads the team in catches and yards. It will be harder for Manning to get him the ball if the other two aren't taking away coverage.

Welker doesn't appear to be getting targeted all that much. Wondering if Manning will try to exploit Miami's LBs and use a lot underneath stuff to Welker.

Denver's defense has 27 sacks and 10 interceptions in 10 games. Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware attacking Tannehill's blindside is going to be tough.

As was said by a few guys in other threads, Miami cannot afford to fall behind early. Denver's defense can get to the QB. I'm hoping these injuries and Manning's apparent arm strength decline are enough to keep it close and not force the passing game to play catch up.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. Not predicting victory but this isn't a sure loss.

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next