All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26550
Location: Miami, FL
Makchell wrote:
So in the face of facts, Brady sucking without Gronk, Manning sucking when he loses several weapons, you continue with the same thing.

But it's other posters that feel the need to be right?



I don't feel the need to be "right". It's my opinion, you throw out facts, but so do other psoters. Fact a bad Cardinal team turning it around with the signing of Warner. Fact Steelers didn't get over the hump until Ben came to town. Fact Colts sucked when Peyton got hurt. Fact Got better with Luck (a franchise QB). With your logic, why draft a QB in the 1st rd? Teams know you need a legit QB in this league, that's why they draft them high...talk about facts.


Disclaimer. Football is the ultimate team sport and yes you need protection, big WRs that make the tough catch and a defense that can stop the other team. So before you come back with "draft 11 QBs" for your team and other the nonsense that will be posted, don't. I agree with you about have the later, but IMO the QB is the most important position on the team.


That same Cardinal team has the best record in the NFL with Carson Palmer, who was never that good, and they're keeping it rolling with Drew Stanton, who for all intents and purposes was a bust. Because their defense is so good.

And then you had the Seahawks win a Superbowl with a caretaker QB because their running game and defense were so good. You also had the Giants win two Superbowls with Eli Manning, who is a mediocre QB.

So... there are more facts staring you in the face.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:27 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 9089
That same Cardinal team has the best record in the NFL with Carson Palmer, who was never that good, and they're keeping it rolling with Drew Stanton, who for all intents and purposes was a bust. Because their defense is so good.

And then you had the Seahawks win a Superbowl with a caretaker QB because their running game and defense were so good. You also had the Giants win two Superbowls with Eli Manning, who is a mediocre QB.

So... there are more facts staring you in the face


Thanks for proving my point. Palmer and manning 1st rd picks, and the jury is still out on Russel, but yes, once or twice a decade a D steps up and steals a SB. Hawks maybe Cards. time will tell.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:48 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 1109
Location: Piscataway, NJ
That NFC is wilder than the AFC this season. I dont know if anyone can really project it.

These are the facts we know:
NFC South is a blackhole on the NFL as a whole this season. I don't understand how Carolina, Atlanta, and New Orleans are battling for the gutter right now, which The Bucs have a clear advantage. Either way, one of those 4 teams will be an easy exit in the playoffs, so whomever gets the 5 seed should be in a lucky place.

Outside of that... The East seems to be a crapshot between Dallas and Philly. Everytime one seems to pull ahead, they completely fall back down to reality. I would project Philly.

The North seems to be a race between Green Bay and Detroit. Dont count on Detroit just yet though since Green Bay will probably catch em, and beat em. I would think Green Bay will win that division.

The West looks like the safest bet is to go with Arizona. Yes they are 9-1.... but since the conference is really top and bottom heavy this year... I could only imagine how Arizona would do in the AFC.... I am not saying the AFC is the better conference, but with 9 teams above 6 wins at this point, it is clearly the better conference this season.

Yes a defense can sneak a championship from time to time, but they got to get their first. Outside of predicting that Philly, Dallas, Green Bay, Detroit, Arizona, & NFC South Champ will be the 6 teams in the post season... I wouldnt be able to put a finger on who comes out alive.... and mind you I am not even confident that the 5 listed teams and the random champ will be the 6 teams... I still think San Fran and Seattle have a fighting chance if Dallas or Detroit fully collapse.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26550
Location: Miami, FL
Makchell wrote:
but yes, once or twice a decade a D steps up and steals a SB.


It has happened at least 3 times in the last 10 Superbowls....

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:24 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 9089
I say last year and maybe the year before, but Flacco played lights out to end the year and win the SB. Sure the Giants had a great front four and defense played a part in all the games. Like I said it's a team game, but you also notice that most of them have franchise QBs at the helm. Brady, Rodgers, Manning bros, Brees, Ben, and even Flacco was a 1st. Most of them are 1st rd picks, and they are all franchise QBs. Eli and Flacco have been struggling lately, but they have talent. I don't know why you just can't let it go and agree that we have different opinions on the matter. I don't say your wrong, nor do I say I'm right. All I'm saying is that you need a franchise QB in this league win unless you have a once in a decade defesene. Id rather have the former and go from there.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:58 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 9089
Hillman and Ball are both out Sunday. J Thomas is day to day with an ankle sprain. Even if he plays, how effective will he be? Saunders took a vicious hit and has to go through concussion protocol. He looked bad after that hit.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26550
Location: Miami, FL
Makchell wrote:
but you also notice that most of them have franchise QBs at the helm. Brady, Rodgers, Manning bros, Brees, Ben, and even Flacco was a 1st. Most of them are 1st rd picks, and they are all franchise QBs. Eli and Flacco have been struggling lately, but they have talent.


Franchise QB is a relative term. Jay Cutler is a franchise QB. Andy Dalton is a franchise QB. Being a franchise QB isn't the same thing as being an elite QB. Eli Manning is FAR from elite, but has two Superbowl rings, primarily because he had elite pass rushers on his team.

They all have talent, otherwise they wouldn't be in the NFL. But talent isn't enough. Ryan Tannehill is a perfect example. Now that he is being properly coached, the talent is shining through.

Quote:
I don't know why you just can't let it go and agree that we have different opinions on the matter. I don't say your wrong, nor do I say I'm right.


You keep making incomplete points. The fact is the more things change, the more they stay the same. Teams with defenses and running games are still the ones winning in the playoffs. When the weather gets cold, you have to be able to run the ball to win. Nowhere have I argued that you do not need a franchise QB. I am simply pointing out that your point of view of the QB being everything is a ridiculous one. You actually argued that because Tannehill is playing better, the offensive line is playing better. Your points are so simplified that they totally miss the truth about why Tannehill is an arrow up player right now. It isn't because he just magically got better. It is because the right things are happening around him for him to get better.

Quote:
All I'm saying is that you need a franchise QB in this league win unless you have a once in a decade defesene. Id rather have the former and go from there.


That's not all you're saying. Actually you've been pretty inconsistent. Your argument changes from week to week.

And by the way, YOU are the one that started replying to me in this thread, not me to you. So I am not sure where you are coming from with this thing about ME letting it go. I posted something, YOU replied.

How about YOU let it go...

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 16410
Location: Raleigh, NC
Makchell wrote:
Hillman and Ball are both out Sunday. J Thomas is day to day with an ankle sprain. Even if he plays, how effective will he be? Saunders took a vicious hit and has to go through concussion protocol. He looked bad after that hit.


All the same, I cannot see the Broncos losing 3 straight games, especially at home. Jamar Taylor will be the key as Finnegan is not expected to play. We want the Buffalo Bills version of Jamar Taylor, not the Detroit Lions version. Peyton Manning is one of the best at exploiting a weakness in a defense.

I will say that things are looking good for us though. I'll bet FINesse is predicting a Miami Dolphins shut out.

:hooray:

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26550
Location: Miami, FL
Big Dave wrote:
All the same, I cannot see the Broncos losing 3 straight games


They wouldn't be losing three straight. They beat Oakland two weeks ago.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:49 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 9089
Why do you repsond to my posts if they are inconsistant? Every GM wants a franchise QB and teams have been serching for years for one, like us. We were a contender almost every year when Marino was playing and we've sucked ever since. You and your BS... :haha


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26550
Location: Miami, FL
Makchell wrote:
Why do you repsond to my posts if they are inconsistant? Every GM wants a franchise QB and teams have been serching for years for one, like us. We were a contender almost every year when Marino was playing and we've sucked ever since. You and your BS... :haha


Where am I arguing against the importance of a franchise QB? :hithead:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:23 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 9089
And I also said that you need a supporting cast? WTF?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26550
Location: Miami, FL
Makchell wrote:
And I also said that you need a supporting cast? WTF?


That's what you said today, but that isn't what you say all the time.

By the way, again... you want me to drop it but then why did you reply to me in this thread, not to mention call me jim?

So you want me to drop it even though you start it and take a shot at me?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:52 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 9089
Disclaimer. Football is the ultimate team sport and yes you need protection, big WRs that make the tough catch and a defense that can stop the other team. So before you come back with "draft 11 QBs" for your team and other the nonsense that will be posted, don't. I agree with you about have the latter, but IMO the QB is the most important position on the team.

That was posted yesterday.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26550
Location: Miami, FL
Great, that was yesterday. So why are you asking me to drop something you started again....?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:28 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 9089
Where am I arguing against the importance of a franchise QB

lol. You said it was a realitive term.


In the neverending quest to simplify things and continue ignoring the facts

And this isn't a shot at Ski? You are so full of :crap Rich. A legend in your own mind. Deuces bro...


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26550
Location: Miami, FL
Makchell wrote:
Where am I arguing against the importance of a franchise QB

lol. You said it was a realitive term.


It is. Jay Cutler is considered a franchise QB. How's that working out for Chicago?

Quote:
In the neverending quest to simplify things and continue ignoring the facts

And this isn't a shot at Ski? You are so full of :crap Rich. A legend in your own mind. Deuces bro...


It is a shot at his post. But I am not asking him to drop it. You took a shot at me by calling me jim and then asked me to drop it even though you started it.

Lay off the craft beer. It's muddling your senses.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r