All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: For a good laugh...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 5021
Location: Anchorage, AK
Check out the NFC South. The Atlanta Falcons just took the division lead with a 4-6 record lol. Man did that division have a MASSIVE drop off or what?!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: For a good laugh...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 16034
Location: Raleigh, NC
Now, that is ridiculous.

Here are a couple gifs to give you a laugh of players celebrating and putting themselves on IR this year.

Lamarr Houston, the Bears’ starting defensive end, hurt his right knee celebrating a sack while trailing by 25 points in the fourth quarter

Image


Detroit Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch injures his leg after celebrating sack against Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers.

Image

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: For a good laugh...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:15 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
I cannot stand these small divisions. NFL needs to take a cue from the NBA. We'D get a better playoff result from going to 4 big divisions of 8 teams


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: For a good laugh...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:27 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 9034
I cannot stand these small divisions. NFL needs to take a cue from the NBA. We'D get a better playoff result from going to 4 big divisions of 8 teams

Then we will play the same 7 teams over and over again, no thanks.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: For a good laugh...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26413
Location: Miami, FL
swerve13 wrote:
I cannot stand these small divisions. NFL needs to take a cue from the NBA. We'D get a better playoff result from going to 4 big divisions of 8 teams


Wait... what?

The NBA has 6 divisions with 5 teams each, which works out because they have 30 teams. They don't have "big divisions".

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: For a good laugh...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:51 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I cannot stand these small divisions. NFL needs to take a cue from the NBA. We'D get a better playoff result from going to 4 big divisions of 8 teams


Wait... what?

The NBA has 6 divisions with 5 teams each, which works out because they have 30 teams. They don't have "big divisions".


I don't pay much attention to the NBA anymore, but im pretty sure they use to have larger divisions.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: For a good laugh...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26413
Location: Miami, FL
swerve13 wrote:
Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I cannot stand these small divisions. NFL needs to take a cue from the NBA. We'D get a better playoff result from going to 4 big divisions of 8 teams


Wait... what?

The NBA has 6 divisions with 5 teams each, which works out because they have 30 teams. They don't have "big divisions".


I don't pay much attention to the NBA anymore, but im pretty sure they use to have larger divisions.


You're right. They used to have 28 teams and 4 divisions.

But even today the NBA uses conference ranking to determine seeds and there are no wildcards etc...

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: For a good laugh...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am
Posts: 904
Hey you never know what team is gonna pull the Cinderella and try to make a run.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: For a good laugh...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:47 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
I just hate seeing good teams left out and teams like the Seahawks a few years back, went 7-9, won that division and hosted a playoff game. Rubbish!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: For a good laugh...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 am 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm
Posts: 130
swerve13 wrote:
I just hate seeing good teams left out and teams like the Seahawks a few years back, went 7-9, won that division and hosted a playoff game. Rubbish!


But at the same time that was a playoff game the seahawks won. For the most part i think the way the NFL playoffs are set up is pretty good.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: For a good laugh...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:29 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
dolfan91 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I just hate seeing good teams left out and teams like the Seahawks a few years back, went 7-9, won that division and hosted a playoff game. Rubbish!


But at the same time that was a playoff game the seahawks won. For the most part i think the way the NFL playoffs are set up is pretty good.

who cares, anyone can win if you let them in. And play on their own field.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Phinsforever and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r