Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:01 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:

(On QB Ryan Tannehill having an either or option on some plays, but if it is true that he can’t audible to a completely new play) – “Clearly, I won’t give away information that I think would be useable by someone else, but I will say this, one of the things that I think is special about Ryan, I think we’ve mentioned it in here before, is how he sees the field and can react to things that happen, because he does that so well, probably as much as any place that I’ve been or at least equal to the places I’ve been. Ryan has more options than a lot of quarterbacks that we’ve coached. Now, we do certain things differently. Some of them are what you would call verbal audibles, some of them are right at the snap, some of them are built in options. It’s how we choose to play football. Ryan has the ability to handle those things and in my opinion does them very well. I think that’s one of his strengths. He uses all of the different options, whether they be audibles or built in options to get the ball distributed around the field. That’s probably when we’ve played our best offensively, is when he’s used all of those things.”

(On if QB Ryan Tannehill is more than a game manager, if he wants Ryan Tannehill to be just a game manager and if game manager is a bad term) – “I don’t know what that term means, but to me, Ryan is a player. You hear that term a lot and it’s almost always used in a negative context it seems. What we want Ryan to be is a winner and one of the things I love about Ryan is he is willing to do it however he has to do it. Hopefully, if you watch the games, you can tell he enjoys running. I probably want him to run less than he wants to run because I want to keep him healthy, but he’ll do it any way he has to do it. He’s willing to throw it deep, throw it short. I thought one of the things Ryan did great against Buffalo, we talked about it going into the game, was complete a whole bunch of passes at the beginning of the game. We know what kind of defensive front they have. We know they have a chance to sting you a bit early, get off on the count early, disrupt things and get you out of rhythm. So we felt like one of the important things for Ryan would be just throw completions.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:36 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I like the way this guy talks. I'm very happy with him as our playcaller.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:27 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I question his offense game planning. First half numbers for Miami are like 30th in the league. 3rd Qtr and 2nd half are 1st and 1st. No doubt he can adjust on the fly, but I question why those kind of adjustments are necessary. What does he do Mon-Sat?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:32 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

swerve13 wrote:

I'm not sure if he'll be a good head coach one day, but he sure has the makings of one. To me, he is the MVP of this team as he gets results at the QB position. Maybe I am giving him too much credit, but the Eagles aren't the same without him. Tannehill has had 4 games with a 100+ QB rating. He can take the raw talent and get something out of it.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:53 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

So RT can audible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:25 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Makchell wrote:
So RT can audible.

No, that was a coachspeak answer if I ever heard one.

Just pay attention during the game and you'll see that Tannehill doesn't have the option to audible. He has the option to put guys in motion and to check out of plays.

That's it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:02 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:
So RT can audible.

:haha

I was thinking the same thing. Right now Tannehill's ability to audible is very limited.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:55 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Just pay attention during the game and you'll see that Tannehill doesn't have the option to audible. He has the option to put guys in motion and to check out of plays.

That's it.

I meant to put a question mark after my statement signifying that he didn't answer the question.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:09 pm 

Got it, yes he avoided the question. But I would expect him to. It's a strategic question.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:53 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Big Dave wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

I'm not sure if he'll be a good head coach one day, but he sure has the makings of one. To me, he is the MVP of this team as he gets results at the QB position. Maybe I am giving him too much credit, but the Eagles aren't the same without him. Tannehill has had 4 games with a 100+ QB rating. He can take the raw talent and get something out of it.

whatever happens at the end of this season, I've been on the record that I want Miami to please!!!! keep Lazor and Hickey.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]