Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:02 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:

Injuries? The Broncos have so many on offense that among their top three rushers and top three receivers, the only players healthy are receiver Demaryius Thomas, who leads the team with 1,105 yards, and C.J. Anderson, who entered the year projected to be the No. 3 back.

Things took a sublime turn when Monday’s Denver Post accused the Broncos of letting themselves be bullied by the Rams … and called on them to sign guard Richie Incognito to solve their offensive line woes. ...

There’s a small cloud hanging over Manning, despite his passer rating of 107.1. He had 22 touchdown passes and only three interceptions after seven games, but the Rams were the third consecutive opponent to intercept him twice. ...

The Broncos are so one-dimensional that only five teams average worse than their 89.9 rushing yards per game and only five attempt fewer runs per game than Denver’s 24.3. Penalties and failure in the running game are why some are calling for Incognito, who tried out with Denver last week. ...

The Broncos, meanwhile, have a full trainer’s room. Running back Montee Ball, who has 172 yards, reinjured his groin against the Rams. Tight end Julius Thomas (12 TDs) has a sprained ankle. Receiver Emmanuel Sanders (954 yards) must go through the league’s concussion protocol, meaning he must be cleared by a doctor before returning. ...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sport ... env/nh87f/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:39 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Despite being 0-2 in the last two, banged up on Offense and going up against the best D they've seen this year.......the Broncos are heavy favorites giving 7 - 8.5...........that's fine.......we're a lot better road and cold whether team, than we're giving credit for.

We'll win if we don't turn it over and finally put a close game away at the end.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:52 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

They're at home....I guarantee they're mad... they've been fielding questions in the local media like a team that has lost 4-5 straight games. Media here is brutal. Fans are already dancing on Fox's Grave.... This could go two ways... they could press too hard on Sunday and things continue to fall apart. Or, they up their game Sunday and defeat Miami by double digits. With Miami's pass rush, they'll be looking to dish the ball quickly.... the Dolphins will need to be sitting on these short routes and making the tackle with little YAC. The Broncos short passing game will open up the longer balls if they're successful.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:54 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We should be mad too. We lost two games to playoff caliber teams in the last min.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFL memory isn't that long...Miami just beat their division rival... a satisfying win

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:17 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

We need to throw Manning off....AT LEAST stay close enough to give ourselves another opportunity for a good 3rd quarter. Their 3 loses have all been away, and other than the Colts and Chiefs in week 1 & 2, when at home no team has lost by less than 2 TD's . Gonna take everything we got. I think we can pull it off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

As of right now, I believe Emmanuel Sanders is OUT. He is a guy that is very good in regards to YAC obviously along with Thomas.

The Rams put the blueprint out there in regards to being physical with their smaller receivers. Get pressure on Peyton, just like Brady, he will make mistakes.

Miami will have to play their best game, but I believe Miami can win this game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:49 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Very winnable game. It was before all the Broncos injuries as well. Even if these guys on Denver are just nicked up they will sit on Sunday. They want no part of us while still knowing they should make the playoffs even with a loss on Sunday. We should see them again down here in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:24 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Teams have been blitzing Manning early to get him rattled, then backing off... good formula

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:29 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Go Dolphins

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:52 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Get a lead... keep a lead.

Thats the name of the game.

I think there was a game a decade or so ago, where Miami went into a top ranked Denver stadium and knocked them off their high horse on monday night football by smacking them in the mouth and winning with a Mare field goal.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:08 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

SkyHigh314 wrote:

I think there was a game a decade or so ago, where Miami went into a top ranked Denver stadium and knocked them off their high horse on monday night football by smacking them in the mouth and winning with a Mare field goal.

That was the John Mobley game! he let a gimme INT go through his hands and one of our WRs caught it....
And at the end, I'm pretty sure they hit a FG with 50ish seconds remaining and were celebrating, then yea, Mare came back and nailed a deep one as time expired

Oh Olindo Mare... Miss that guy. Best kicker i've seen play for us

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:15 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

HAH! Knew i wasnt crazy!

Mare was the man... back in the day when we could blame the infield dirt for his early season struggles.

Sturgis, no excuses!! Your paid to swing your like 4-8 times a game... put it through the uprights!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:28 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

marc23 wrote:
SkyHigh314 wrote:

That was the John Mobley game! he let a gimme INT go through his hands and one of our WRs caught it....
And at the end, I'm pretty sure they hit a FG with 50ish seconds remaining and were celebrating, then yea, Mare came back and nailed a deep one as time expired

Oh Olindo Mare... Miss that guy. Best kicker i've seen play for us

It was a Sunday Night Game and the kick was with 11 seconds left. I only know because a saw a video on it yesterday!

Here is the last 50 seconds.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It is a given that the Dolphins must play their best game of the season in order to win this game on the road in Denver. Weather is now calling for mid thirties and a rain/snow combination.

Hopefully, that does not happen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I was at the game...got beer poured on me as I was walking down the ramp ... came from about 3 ramps up.... Got verbally harassed all night...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:55 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finhead34 wrote:
It is a given that the Dolphins must play their best game of the season in order to win this game on the road in Denver. Weather is now calling for mid thirties and a rain/snow combination.

Hopefully, that does not happen.

If this becomes a ground game because of weather, I like our odds.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:34 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I believe that was the game where Fiedler broke his thumb and it kinda derailed our season.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:10 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

You're right, Fielder broke his thumb and miami went on a 3 game losing streak because of Ray Suckas haha. Miami had the best team in the league that year, sent 11 or something pro bowlers to hawaii and they dominated the game. We were 9-5 after beating Oakland heading into the final two games of the year at Minnesota and at New England and if we won both we would have homefield advantage through the playoffs. Instead we lost two heartbreakers when carter dropped a go ahead touchdown and then Miami crumbled with 2 minutes left after leading 21-10....sigh, I feel like the tides are turning though because Oakland just beat KC which makes the wildcard chase much more interesting!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:00 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I went to that New England game (first year at college in Rhode Island).... miserable!!!!!!!

either way... great video. I remember that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:14 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

shularino wrote:
Despite being 0-2 in the last two,

People keep saying the Broncos have lost two in a row.

They haven't.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:02 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
shularino wrote:
Despite being 0-2 in the last two,

People keep saying the Broncos have lost two in a row.

They haven't.

Hopefully they will after this Sunday

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]