Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:35 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
By Dave Hyde contact the reporter

1. In late November, the analytics' numbers remain in love with the Dolphins thanks to a top defense and Ryan Tannehill. Footballl Outsiders' analystics rank the Dolphins fourth behind Denver, Green Bay and Baltimore (New England is fifth). Advanced Football Analytics ranks the Dolphins second behind Denver and followed by Green Bay, Seattle and Kansas City. ...

"Tannehill is unlikely to ever turn into Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but if the worst-case scenario is someone like Don Majkowski or Marc Bulger, that's still a borderline Pro Bowler. It's too soon to make the leap about Tannehill—he does need to finish the season, after all—but with their quarterback on the longest sustained streak of competence of his career, Miami is in position to ride an elite defense and enter the playoffs as a dangerous wild card." ...

2. As for the more important question - will the Dolphins make the playoffs? - FootballOutsiders' computations give them a 49.8 percent chance, ,,,

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... story.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:30 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

RT has adjusted fine to a new coordinator. You still see issues with his timing in the new scheme but he's coming around. He should only get better as the season goes on provided he's given time to throw.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:20 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Hes not peyton manning so hes marc bulger? Lol why not phillip rivers ordrew brees before new orleans? Bulger was terrible and was the catapult for the terrible rams weve seen for a decade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:44 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think it was saying that we know AT WORST that Tannehill will be Bulger.... not that he IS Bulger.

And like the article states... borderline Pro Bowler, which is exactly what Bulger was for 2 seasons...

If that is the perception on Tannehill's basement.. I'm happy with it...

We went into the season wondering if Tannehill is the answer/ Should we start Moore/ do we draft another top round QB for 2015.

More than midway through the season, Hyde is saying that Tannehill's basement is to be Bulgar.... That statement shows that at worst case scenario, Tannehill is a top 15 QB. I would say the perception has improved.

And to take that 1 step further.... What is RG3, Dalton, Kapernick, Luck, Wilson & Newton considered at this point..

Luck hasnt shown me to be the next coming of Manning....but very good.

RG3 i think we can almost unanimously label a bust at this point.

Kaep is michael vick 2.0.... can electrify the game, make plays with arm or legs.... but not consistent enough to be the backbone of the team

Wilson is a Superbowl winning, game managing QB- Thinking more Aikman like. Great when the players around him are great.... awful when the wheels fall off (which is coming really soon it looks like)

Newton- Think is going to eventually be more like Cunningham... dangerous at all times. You could never count him out.... but he just doesnt have enough to do it alone.

Dalton- I think the best comparison is Eli Manning (and while I love Eli, and respect Eli alot more than i would Dalton) Dalton is erratic, and random... but will have those shining moments that will make you say wow.... although Dalton's gotta prove that he can string a bunch together in order to have a legitimate SB opportunity.

Either way- If Tannehill's basement is to be like Bulger, I could only imagine what his ceiling is... Maybe he's not Peyton.... But I am thinking Tannehill could be more like Steve Young when all is said and done... Maybe a SB ring or two, 6-8 years in the top 10 qb.... ability to make things happen with his legs... and some one who you can build a team around. Young is a HoF-er and justified..... you dont need to be Manning to get into the Hall of Fame... Just because you wont be the best, doesnt mean you aren't among the bests.

My hope is that Tannehill becomes the 2nd best QB in Miami history.... he's still got to leap frog Griese, so there's some shoes to fill.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:25 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I think the quote about Tannehill is Hyde quoting a site called PFR.(Pro Football Reference)

It would be great if RT leapfrogs Griese that would put him in the HOF.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]