Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:21 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Over the past seven games since they turned a corner in London, MIA has a 5-2 record, scoring 27.3 PPG while only surrendering 13.9 PPG - a nearly 2:1 scoring ratio.

During that same period, DEN is also 5-2, scoring 31.1 PPG and surrendering 22.4 PPG.

NFL.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:28 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I still can't decide whether I think Miami can put up 24 points against this defense or if Denver will hold them to less than 20. Very hard to tell because most of Denver's opponents had to play catch up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:41 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Quote:
Over the past seven games since they turned a corner in London, MIA has a 5-2 record, scoring 27.3 PPG while only surrendering 13.9 PPG - a nearly 2:1 scoring ratio.

During that same period, DEN is also 5-2, scoring 31.1 PPG and surrendering 22.4 PPG.

NFL.com

Awesome, we should win by 6. :yay:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:58 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

As long as Miami scores first... or stays at a 1 score game going into Half... Miami should come out and win

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:26 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I'm quite worried about Manning doing to Miami what Tannehill did to Buffalo, but with more efficiency. Welker could be deadly in the slot and it might be just enough to catch the defense off guard and have Manning complete a few deep passes once Miami has to focus on taking away the short pass. The d-line has to be like it was against Brady in Week 1.

I'm not that worried about Miami's offense moving the ball by either run or pass, they just can't afford dropped passes or missed throws in the red zone.

I think this will be a one score game either way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:32 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The last time I looked Miami was the only team that Manning had more INTs than TDs against and is one of like three teams that he has a losng record against. Also miami has always played denver well. I have a good feeling about this one but i also had a bad feeing against buffalo so who knows haha. Ill say miami 27 denver 21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:00 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Manhattan.. That sounded like roughly the same exact thing I posted on the first Denver vs buffalo thread on Saturday.... And these guys ripped apart the concept that past game recordss don't mean squat.

I'm with you. 27-24 Miami takes it home on a final drive

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:28 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Manhattan.. That sounded like roughly the same exact thing I posted on the first Denver vs buffalo thread on Saturday.... And these guys ripped apart the concept that past game recordss don't mean squat.

I like the optimism but I don't know why Manning's numbers as a Colt versus Dolphin defenders and coaches, who are no longer here, has anything to do with predicting Sunday's outcome. Miami did play a John Fox coached/Tim Tebow quarterbacked Denver in 2011 and lost.

The only elite QB who blew out Miami in the last 2 years was Drew Brees so I don't think there should be panic.

The injury situation for Denver is starting to make me feel better. Denver's o-line plus Manning's reduced options will definitely effect his rhythm.

Miami's o-line has to neutralize Ware and Miller. I'd like to see Miami be able to run the ball 30+ times as well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:37 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Playing Denver home is VERY TOUGH. Miami like against any good opponent will need to bring their A game and create turnovers and NOT turn the ball over. I believe Tannehill's career record when he posts a 90 plus rating is like 15-1, so that tells you something too.

Ryan Tannehill needs to keep his bar set very high to win at Denver and let's pray we don't have a small lead with 2 minutes left only to see Peyton Manning with the ball in his hands driving down field!!! I cannot take another game of hoping the defense makes that last stand!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:43 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

SkyHigh314 wrote:

Past numbers mean absolutely nothing.

There was a time when we beat the Bills 20 times in a row... and yet lately we have had trouble with them.

As coaches and personnel change, these historical stats become more and more meaningless.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:04 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Denver has a bad O-line, and 2 of their top receiving options and their top 2 RBs are either out or severely limited. If we can't beat them now, we shouldn't concern ourselves with playoff talk.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:06 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Manhattan wrote:
The last time I looked Miami was the only team that Manning had more INTs than TDs against and is one of like three teams that he has a losng record against. Also miami has always played denver well. I have a good feeling about this one but i also had a bad feeing against buffalo so who knows haha. Ill say miami 27 denver 21

Only because he started his career playing Dan Marino 2x a year. Historical numbers are completely meaningless.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:57 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Does this mean Denver sucks now?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:43 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

For what it's worth, Ian Wharton and his Bleacher Report guys are picking Miami 27-24. They gave their reasoning and how it can be achieved. Basically use the same blue print as the Bills game and connect in the red zone.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:47 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Connecting more in the Red Zone would be nice to see.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:07 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Opinions of Tannehill will dramatically change after Sunday when he outplays another elite QB on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:03 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Grimes is going to chomping at the bit to pick off Manning like he has a history of doing to Brees.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Let's hope the weather does not factor in for Sunday's game.

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]