Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:06 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
This week we get the Miami Dolphins.

They are 11th in points per game on offense, 4th in PPG on defense and 9th in turnover margin at +3. I have major worries about this game and our team. Miami has one of the best pass defenses in the NFL and they have historically kicked our a$$ with a record of 5-11-1 all time.

Miami matches up well against us too. Someone talk me off the cliff.

Quote:
we have no chance

Quote:
Being on that cliff is just realizing the reality. For me miami defense >> broncos defense. Grimes is just amazing. That defense has kept them in everything. If Tannehill is playing a good game(chances are will just like most QBs who play denver) it's a loss. I've been saying miami 27-21 and sticking to it. Its another week of being outcoached with adjustments only happening by one team.

Quote:
Miami is very good. And with our injuries, and the way we're playing, a loss wouldn't surprise me. This game is huge. Will potentially make or break our season.

Quote:
We are a vastly better team than the Dolphins. Don't let a single bad game color your entire view of this season. This is not an early road game.

By the way, historically the statistic that is most predictive of future success is net yards per pass attempt on offense. We're tied with GB at #1 in the league, Miami is #28.

Quote:
sanders is out.

OL is awful.

we don't get turnovers.

we have no kicker.

coach fox claps a lot.

the dolphins have enough film to watch to know how to beat us.

Dolphins 24
Broncos 14

real prediction, but i'm crossing my fingers hoping for reverse mojo.

Quote:
Dolphins obliterated the Chargers a couple of weeks ago. I'm just sayin'...

Quote:
The Dolphins are a good football team, contrary to MagicHef's idea that we are vastly better. They lost to the Lions and Packers in the final moments and could very well be a two loss team. Their defense is stout and Grimes has been great at CB for them this year. They swarm to the ball and do work on opposing offensive lines. This game is a MUST WIN for the Denver Broncos and it will be a challenge.

Quote:
Like I said earlier today, this is a statement game for the Broncos. They either make a case that they're a legit Super Bowl contender by taking care of business at home against an elite defense, or prove that they're a soft team that can't get it done against the big boys. There's really no middle ground here.

Quote:
Yeah this might be our worst match up of the year.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=117286

Talk about doom and gloom, but regardless, more respectable than those #@&% dumbass turd fans up in Cleveland from week 1 of 2013. That forum was a breeding ground of inbreeds, never seen a dumber, more dense group of football fans in my entire life.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:11 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Just read this morning that Sanders is cleared to play.

Grimes will be on Thomas all day you'd think, right? So who covers Sanders?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:15 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Or do they play their side of the field all day regardless of who lines up where?

If I'm not mistaken Grimes shadowed Megatron all game against the Lions...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:52 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We played Sanders last year and held him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:49 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Sanders wont do much if you can get to Peyton... Regardless of how the CB's line up, this game is all about punishing that OL and making Peyton make quick decisions.

Jordan on Thomas, Grimes on Sanders... knock Welker at the LOS... sack Peyton. Lets go phins

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Sanders wont do much if you can get to Peyton...

NO QUESTION in order to beat the Broncos starts with the penetration the Dolphins line gets to Peyton Manning. That ball will be out quickly and we best hope the pressure is there or else we could be in for trouble as Sanders and Demaryius Thomas will be very dangerous with the yards after the catch. Throw in a big bodied athletic tight end like the other Thomas and that smells lots of potential trouble.

Make no doubt about it, Manning will come out mad and focused. Fins need to be at their peak best for this game. Also, not turning the ball over, protecting Tannehill from premier pass rushers such as Von Miller and Ware will be key. If Tannehill gets time to throw, he can certainly move the ball on the Broncos. Running game MUST be there to help keep Manning frustrated watching from the other sideline.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:35 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Some key points in the game:

- Jamar Taylor
I see Manning attacking him, and our LB's the most throughout the game. Demarius Thomas isn't gonna have a silent day, though.

- OL
Dallas Thomas in particular, though James needs a quiet day at LT as well. Hopefully Colledge is good to go. Thomas has me the most worried, though, like usual.

- DL....of course
Manning has to get pressured and hit. Containing C.J. Anderson may prove troublesome on the screens/little check downs.

- 3rd Quarter
Our favorite quarter so far this year. Hopefully the magic continues in our adjustments if we need them.

- Conditioning
OXYGEN

Defensively I think they key in on Wallace and Landry more with no Clay.

I think they'll get 2-4 sacks. Us getting a hopeful 2.

I'm almost expecting a bad first drive defensively, like usual, then we start playing better.

On the road against a team undefeated at home....fun times. Should be a great game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:04 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

On the road against a team undefeated at home

Hopefully it's their turn to drop one at home, like the Saints 2 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:32 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
That forum was a breeding ground of inbreeds, never seen a dumber, more dense group of football fans in my entire life.

Could be the weed :haha

This guy makes sense...

Quote:
For me miami defense >> broncos defense. Grimes is just amazing. That defense has kept them in everything. If Tannehill is playing a good game(chances are will just like most QBs who play denver) it's a loss. I've been saying miami 27-21 and sticking to it. Its another week of being outcoached with adjustments only happening by one team.

Ive been very critical of Philbin, but have to hand to him for making adjustments.
O-Line vs D-Line is very heavy in our favor...

If we can keep them in check on the quick passes, I feel good about it...

Only thing that worries me is getting in a shoot out... Not good with our short yard offense...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:52 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

With a better D line, their gonna have to completely shut down Anderson's running. Almost want to make them throw it, as unfortunate as it is. As far as pass blocking for their line goes, we are gonna have to cover the check down and get fast pressure to get Manning down. He sees almost everything coming at him, so Vernon coming from the blindside will play a pivotal role. Making a shaken Manning throw more sounds to good to be true...unless Wam Bam Cam Wake has anything to say about it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:41 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Stuff the run. Make manning throw it. He cant do it all by himself like he used to use and the ball will lose zip after pass number 30 so just stay within striking distance until then

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:43 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Hopefully it's their turn to drop one at home, like the Saints 2 weeks ago.

I hope so too Mak!

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]