Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:13 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
There is a voice that belongs to Miami Dolphins cornerback’s Brent Grimes‘ wife, Miko. She is outspoken, loud, boisterous, and a lot of fun to listen to. She has joined our FinsRadio show and has stood shoulder to shoulder at away games with fans sometimes instead of other wives. And she talks with the players. If anyone was going to have an inside source, Miko might be the one. ...

You can listen to the interview here and then click the most recent Big O show podcast. http://miami.cbslocal.com/audio/560-wqam/

Miko says that the players she has talked to really like the coaching staff and do not want them to change. She believes the players should have that say. Big O points out again the fact that the players don’t seem to respond to him and she says there are frustrations by the players but doesn’t point directly as to what their frustrations are about. When asked about the assistant coaches Miko said she never really has asked about them. Then promised she would.

Miko was then asked about “number 17″ and whether she had ever asked about him. She started to laugh nervously and said she had. When pushed further she resisted to say anything and Big O pointed out that by not saying anything she was saying a lot to which Miko laughed and said yeah. She quantified the statement by only saying there are some on one side and a lot on the other but didn’t go into details calling it a “tough answer”. ...

http://phinphanatic.com/2014/12/16/miko ... tannehill/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:28 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Whoever the new coach is (hopefully Harbaugh but seriously doubting it) needs to clean house. If it means tearing down the roster, so be it. Again, ditch Tanny, or better yet trade him for a second rounder. Use that as a bargaining chip to trade up and draft Famous Jameis.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:35 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

TommyNoleFin wrote:
Whoever the new coach is (hopefully Harbaugh but seriously doubting it) needs to clean house. If it means tearing down the roster, so be it. Again, ditch Tanny, or better yet trade him for a second rounder. Use that as a bargaining chip to trade up and draft Famous Jameis.

If a team is willing to give up on a guy they drafted 3 years ago then why would another team offer such a high pick for him?

And your guy Winston might still be on the board when Miami is picking. I seem to recall everyone thinking Manziel and Bridgewater would be top 5 picks last year until people started poking holes in their games, and character in Manziel's case.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:38 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Again, ditch Tanny, or better yet trade him for a second rounder. Use that as a bargaining chip to trade up and draft Famous Jameis.

I think you are more of a semenole homer than a Dolphin homer. :hithead:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:39 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yeah, dump RT cause Grimes' wife said so or didn't say so..... :hithead:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:42 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

Where does that come from?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:44 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Can Miko enlighten us as to why Odrick screamed at Philbin and said every week the coaches basically have an excuse?

Title of the thread is quite misleading, but it doesn't surprise me in the least that some players might not be 100% convinced with Tannehill. Have to win to get guys to follow you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:45 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AQNOR wrote:
Makchell wrote:

You posted a thread titled the locker room is split on their QB based on a comment from a player wife, to which a big Winston fan says get rid of Tannehill to draft his favorite player.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:51 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Winston will wind up on that exempt/commissioner's permission list for off the field issues. I would not touch him. I think this Miko need not get involved in this. The one thing I dont want to see is for this franchise to fall back into that joke status. And taking cues from a outspoken players wife will set us back there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:00 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Makchell wrote:

You posted a thread titled the locker room is split on their QB based on a comment from a player wife, to which a big Winston fan says get rid of Tannehill to draft his favorite player.

Thanks somehow I missed reading Tommynolesfan post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:16 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Saw on twitter that someone called out Mrs. Grimes about this. She claims its not what she said.

Why do I get the feeling this becomes a national story and adds to the oh so great reputation the team already has.

Also, if you look at her twitter feed she freaking loves Philbin. Surprised me. She makes it sound like the team really loves him too. Someone comically points out that its because he didn't fire her husband like the last coach.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:36 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

I have heard her say a lot of stupid and ignorant things while she's been on the radio with the king of stupid and ignorant, Omar Kelly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:39 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

TommyNoleFin wrote:

your boy has enough problems with Publix grocery stores, we don't need him constantly distracted when he sees the sponsor ad come across the screen at the stadium.

"So Jameis, you threw 3 picks......what happened?"
"Sorry, it's those Publix ads, just get me thinking about crabs..........speaking of crabs, is Mrs. Nielsen here from the Post? If she is, well you know, F HER IN THE P!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:44 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Makchell wrote:

Who the hell cares what this nitwit TV wife has to say. Is this really what journalism has become?
Wait! I wanna know Kim Kardashians opinion of Philbin and Tannehill.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:08 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

See I told you guys, Ryan Tannehill is not the answer. (come-on, he's been here 3 years)

This is not a hard game to play, last year we covered for all his problems being the OL fault, now this year, its the wide receivers, next year, I guarantee you, you'll find another excuse.

Seriously, If Matt More played this entire season, and I'd even say Pat Devlin, we easily make the playoffs.

I'll give you guys (believer's in the Hill) this, if Tannehill leads us to a 9-7 record, I'm wrong.

If we finish 7-9, I'm right.

If we go 8-8 - the jury is still out.

Fair enough?

d-1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:02 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

WHAT?????

:cupid: :??? :cupid:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:30 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

dolphans1 wrote:

This is not a hard game to play, last year we covered for all his problems being the OL fault, now this year, its the wide receivers, next year, I guarantee you, you'll find another excuse.

How does a coach fix his problem of his receivers dropping TD passes? How many does that make now? If you will let us know that then we all will be happy, since its such an easy game for you to play.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:07 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Off the top of my head there are 6 dropped TD passes this year and I'm not including the Wallace foot out of bounds in NE, Wallace in GB and Clay in Detroit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:10 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

dolphans1 wrote:
and I'd even say Pat Devlin, we easily make the playoffs.

d-1

You lose all credibility when you mention Pat Devlin. But I'll give you this you sure do know how to stir the :crap.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:41 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
Again, ditch Tanny, or better yet trade him for a second rounder. Use that as a bargaining chip to trade up and draft Famous Jameis.

I think you are more of a semenole homer than a Dolphin homer. :hithead:

Honestly, Mack, I'm not emotionally invested in the Dolphins this season after what happened last season, and I probably won't be until Philbin is fired.

The Seminoles, on the other hand, I'm emotionally invested in to the max. And why is that? They're getting it done on the field. They won a national championship and are on the verge of winning it again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I find this hard to believe. While defensive players may complain about being on the field too long, most players stand stubbornly behind their quarterback ... especially on the offense.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:57 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

when Don Shula was winning SBs, he was universally hated by his players. It's not a popularity contest, it's coaching.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:40 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

swerve13 wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Who the hell cares what this nitwit TV wife has to say. Is this really what journalism has become?
Wait! I wanna know Kim Kardashians opinion of Philbin and Tannehill.

And I want to see more pix of Kim's huge butt.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:56 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Big Dave wrote:
I find this hard to believe. While defensive players may complain about being on the field too long, most players stand stubbornly behind their quarterback ... especially on the offense.

I could definitely see Mike Wallace and a few the of leaders on defense being frustrated with Tannehill's ups and downs. Can't fault them for that. The problem is when he played his best game of the year against Denver the defense blew it and that set the tone for this current rut.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:23 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

jammer wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

I could definitely see Mike Wallace and a few the of leaders on defense being frustrated with Tannehill's ups and downs. Can't fault them for that. The problem is when he played his best game of the year against Denver the defense blew it and that set the tone for this current rut.

Even in the Denver game he only played good for a half right? He did lead them to a meaningless TD at the end.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:40 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

dolphin25 wrote:
jammer wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Even in the Denver game he only played good for a half right? He did lead them to a meaningless TD at the end.

Meaningless? If they get the onside kick they're playing for a win or at the very least overtime. He played a fine 2nd half that was negated by a pass interference induced interception.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:43 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
You can listen to the interview here and then click the most recent Big O show podcast.

Big O has been foaming at the mouth to roast Tannehill, or as he has coined him, Tannekill, all season.. Even his best games, Big O would pick him apart, and credit a weak defense over his QB play....

Go listen to his post game shows after wins, and hear how crappy RT is and how if he was even above average this team would be the AFCE champs...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:31 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

calling it, Big O = D-1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

00xtremeninja wrote:
calling it, Big O = D-1

Ha, well played.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
draft Famous Jameis.

Oh man, Rich isn't this your choice for the Dolphins next QB???? :haha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:24 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Chad Henne should be available.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:22 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:
calling it, Big O = D-1

Ha, well played.

Hes actually much worse than any RT critic on these forums..
If your a RT fan, you won't like the big o show..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:46 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Fair enough Tommy. SInce the Noles are a FL team, I'll root for them, but I can tell you from an outsider looking in, Winston doesn't have it inbetween the ears. He has questionable character, he's not reading defenses, and he turns the ball over. Yes, they are getting it done, but the Gators had them on the ropes until a pick 6 occured.

Thank you Jammer.

D-1, really? wow...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:57 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

How many players on this team played better than Tannehill this year?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:21 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
How many players on this team played better than Tannehill this year?

ask Big o and Miko, they seem to have the inside scoop on that one...

:haha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:45 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=BRENT+GRIMES+WIFE

After seeing these pictures it`s no wonder Atlanta cut ties with mrs Grimes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:19 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Jameis?!?!!? Ok cool. So Flipper will be stolen... and some illegal cubans will get raped, and he'll get off the hook on it! NO THANKS... not even as a back up. Period.

Trading RT would be the dumbest move this team could make. Why would you give up on a franchise QB that has STEADILY improved all 3 seasons??? Rating is up, TDs are Up, INT's are down. Command of the offense is up. Durability... and what other options are out there.

Seriously, You dont trade/cut your QB unless there is a better option. I do not see another option out there, even if your not sold on Tannehil, hes still the best option.

Draft a young QB- great, heres a 3 year grooming project. I don't see any NFL ready QB's coming out this season.
FA QB?- Hoyer? thats a lateral movement at best.
Already on the roster?? MOORE IS NOT THE ANSWER- looking at you d-1.

Meaning. Tannehill is QB next season.... new coach or not. Get used to it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:34 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

What the hell is up with those cakes?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:14 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Run Brent Run....leave now!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TommyNoleFin wrote:

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next