Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphans1 wrote:
See I told you guys, Ryan Tannehill is not the answer. (come-on, he's been here 3 years)

This is not a hard game to play, last year we covered for all his problems being the OL fault, now this year, its the wide receivers, next year, I guarantee you, you'll find another excuse.

Seriously, If Matt More played this entire season, and I'd even say Pat Devlin, we easily make the playoffs.

I'll give you guys (believer's in the Hill) this, if Tannehill leads us to a 9-7 record, I'm wrong.

If we finish 7-9, I'm right.

If we go 8-8 - the jury is still out.

Fair enough?

d-1

Annnnnd....now this thread is officially a dumpster fire.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:50 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Jameis?!?!!? Ok cool. So Flipper will be stolen... and some illegal cubans will get raped, and he'll get off the hook on it! NO THANKS... not even as a back up. Period.

Trading RT would be the dumbest move this team could make. Why would you give up on a franchise QB that has STEADILY improved all 3 seasons??? Rating is up, TDs are Up, INT's are down. Command of the offense is up. Durability... and what other options are out there.

Seriously, You dont trade/cut your QB unless there is a better option. I do not see another option out there, even if your not sold on Tannehil, hes still the best option.

Draft a young QB- great, heres a 3 year grooming project. I don't see any NFL ready QB's coming out this season.
FA QB?- Hoyer? thats a lateral movement at best.
Already on the roster?? MOORE IS NOT THE ANSWER- looking at you d-1.

Meaning. Tannehill is QB next season.... new coach or not. Get used to it.

I really don't see a team wanting or trading for Tannehill.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:14 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

dolphin25 wrote:

If Miami put Tannehill on the market, lets say for financial reasons, you'd have at least the following calling up offering a high 2nd round or late 1st round pick for his services:

Houston, Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, Buffalo, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Arizona, and New York (J).

Any team that just wants to dump a QB won't get much in return and Miami has no reason to simply dump Tannehill.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:52 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

dolphin25 wrote:
SkyHigh314 wrote:
Jameis?!?!!? Ok cool. So Flipper will be stolen... and some illegal cubans will get raped, and he'll get off the hook on it! NO THANKS... not even as a back up. Period.

Trading RT would be the dumbest move this team could make. Why would you give up on a franchise QB that has STEADILY improved all 3 seasons??? Rating is up, TDs are Up, INT's are down. Command of the offense is up. Durability... and what other options are out there.

Seriously, You dont trade/cut your QB unless there is a better option. I do not see another option out there, even if your not sold on Tannehil, hes still the best option.

Draft a young QB- great, heres a 3 year grooming project. I don't see any NFL ready QB's coming out this season.
FA QB?- Hoyer? thats a lateral movement at best.
Already on the roster?? MOORE IS NOT THE ANSWER- looking at you d-1.

Meaning. Tannehill is QB next season.... new coach or not. Get used to it.

Further evidence that your lack of objectivity knows no bounds.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:28 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

wish there was a way to put it to the test.

He would get signed no doubt if he were cut.

What do you think the trade value for him would be?

Wish we could go to websites for those teams and ask if they would want Tannehill in a trade.

The Browns would not, they are wrapped up with Johnny.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:36 pm 

dolphin25 wrote:
The Browns would not, they are wrapped up with Johnny.

After his performance, they would probably want to get out as early as possible from that situation.

The guy is not an NFL QB.

Tannehill is a top 15 QB right now. That means he is better than what about 15 or more teams in the NFL have right now. Certainly at least half of those teams would be willing to give a pick up for him.

And given that QB is the most valued position in the NFL, a 2nd round pick would be the lowest going rate. A 1st rounder wouldn't be out of the question.

Lesser quarterbacks have been acquired for more.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:44 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

i dunno if the browns would be so quick to jump ship on Johnny. He started 1 game. Gotta give him a little more time than that to determine if he is a bust.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:10 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

i dunno if the browns would be so quick to jump ship on Johnny. He started 1 game. Gotta give him a little more time than that to determine if he is a bust

He's a bust. Remember John Beck's first start for us? Bust.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:38 pm 

00xtremeninja wrote:
i dunno if the browns would be so quick to jump ship on Johnny. He started 1 game. Gotta give him a little more time than that to determine if he is a bust.

Did you see the game?

I don't think I have ever seen a quarterback look more inept.

The guy has a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go to be a terrible NFL QB.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Did you see the game?

I don't think I have ever seen a quarterback look more inept.

His QB rating was lower than his jersey number...that is especially alarming when the digit on the back of your jersey is a 2...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:26 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I would not give up on Johnny football quite yet.

Dalton, Stafford, Newton, Smith, Kapernick, Carr, Bridgewater all lower then Tannehill I'm certain those teams would not trade for him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:41 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think the analysts said exactly what to do to stop Manziel....

Come at him from his right side. Collapse the right side. When he makes things happen, he is far mor successful rolling out, scrambling to his right when he throws... going to the left is hazardous for him.

Based on the scouting report from his college footage, they were able to create a plan to prevent him in this light. And it worked.

Kinda hard NOT TO GIVE UP on a guy that has officially been exposed on his first NFL Game. Obviously he is flawed.... just like Tebow's long wind-up release.... Manziel can only go right.... these are traits of an incomplete QB, and he will have to fight to improve his game.... if he is given the opportunity too.

I would say Manziel is busted already.... but sure. Dont give up on Johnny Football just yet.... I think that would be like saying, dont give up on Cleo Lemon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:13 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

after one game he is done....

we shall see

good post though, i will have to watch the right side thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:28 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
I find this hard to believe. While defensive players may complain about being on the field too long, most players stand stubbornly behind their quarterback ... especially on the offense.

I could definitely see Mike Wallace and a few the of leaders on defense being frustrated with Tannehill's ups and downs. Can't fault them for that. The problem is when he played his best game of the year against Denver the defense blew it and that set the tone for this current rut.

When they were needed to step up and make plays, the defense FAILED, and not on just one occasion, but NUMEROUS occasions. They need to STFU. Same goes for Mike Wallace. Catch the ball dude.

Ryan improved this year and played well when the OL was intact and even in games when they were not WHOLE, as in the Denver game.

More pieces are needed and a new coaching staff in probably needed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:14 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'm starting to wonder about the practice that goes on in Miami.

I really wonder if the JUGS machine is part of the practice ritual. I mean, as mentioned by others, Philbin has basically installed a FINNESSE type offense. Which is fine... but also awful.

If our WR's are not practicing how to catch in traffic... how to catch passes behind them... how to sell out for a completion.... if they aren't practicing these things, they will not do it on game day... and hence the WR's look like they do to our eyes.

On the flip side, if they are practicing those things, and the passes are just coming in a really funky angles and such, then its on Tannehill, but I am assuming more the earlier.

I bet they are not doing traffic catch drills.... or telling Wallace to dive for a ball in practice... which is really fault to Philbin who is not coaching up the receivers... Perfect balls are for practice... Football is at real speed and you have to practice awkward throws and catches to make them better.... not stop the play and run it til its perfect. Running the play sloppy there is more to learn from it.

Faster practices should allow for more mistakes, but i am assuming Philbin is looking for Finnesse.... not the dirt of the execution. Which is a fault to him.... If this makes any sense

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:22 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

SkyHigh314 wrote:
I'm starting to wonder about the practice that goes on in Miami.

I really wonder if the JUGS machine is part of the practice ritual. I mean, as mentioned by others, Philbin has basically installed a FINNESSE type offense. Which is fine... but also awful.

If our WR's are not practicing how to catch in traffic... how to catch passes behind them... how to sell out for a completion.... if they aren't practicing these things, they will not do it on game day... and hence the WR's look like they do to our eyes.

On the flip side, if they are practicing those things, and the passes are just coming in a really funky angles and such, then its on Tannehill, but I am assuming more the earlier.

I bet they are not doing traffic catch drills.... or telling Wallace to dive for a ball in practice... which is really fault to Philbin who is not coaching up the receivers... Perfect balls are for practice... Football is at real speed and you have to practice awkward throws and catches to make them better.... not stop the play and run it til its perfect. Running the play sloppy there is more to learn from it.

Faster practices should allow for more mistakes, but i am assuming Philbin is looking for Finnesse.... not the dirt of the execution. Which is a fault to him.... If this makes any sense

I did read where Wallace was doing 1 handed catches on the ball machine. I would be sitting down and working on different angles too,

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2