All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Don't forget to set your DVR's, this looks to be the best of the 30 for 30 series (yes, even better than The U). Tune in tonight at 8:00 pm est.

Here's some new clips if you missed them yesterday:

http://30for30.espn.com/film/run-ricky-run.html

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:15 pm
Posts: 130
Location: El Paso, TX
is it on regular ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPN "The Ocho"???????

_________________
Image
"Shula's the only coach I ever met who can take his'n & beat your'n, then take your'n & beat his'n."-Bum


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 148
It's gonna be on all of them at some point. They are replaying it about a million times this week


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Shelbyville, IN
I thought this was fantastic, fills in some holes about ricky for me, my mom was baffled by how intelligent he is. Great story

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:47 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Iceberg85 wrote:
I thought this was fantastic, fills in some holes about ricky for me, my mom was baffled by how intelligent he is. Great story


Yeah man. Same for me. I don't think anyone is really going to be able to genually fully understand the guy, but he's a great human being. He's going to school, and plans on going to medical school within the next year...while playing football. Amazing.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
This felt like closure for years of spoiled hopes and dreams. Good flick.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 148
Dude was molested as a child. Explains almost everything to me!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
Ski_Money wrote:
This felt like closure for years of spoiled hopes and dreams. Good flick.


Same here. You went thru the highs with Ricky in Miami, the lows and now to see what he has made himself just makes you happy for him.

I definitely think Ricky left a possible Hall of Fame career behind him, but he is a better man for what he has gone thru and what he is now. That is the important thing.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
As much as I hate to say this, if he had gone to another team from N.O. he may have been that HoF RB.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:30 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 347
I enjoyed the show overall. I thought they focused a little too much on his initial retirement from football, and as a Dolphin fan who has heard about that stuff repeatedly, I would have liked to hear more about his experience in Canada, and the events that led him to find a love for football again. I also thought the show took the easy way and avoided the issue of Ricky needing money to support his children, something that would have also shed light on his return to the game. Anyway, as a a huge Ricky Williams fan I enjoyed the piece, especially the way it called out the media for their irrational take on his retirement.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
I wish we could watch it online. I don't have all those extra ESPN channels.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5448
Location: Wellington, FL
fonzy wrote:
I enjoyed the show overall. I thought they focused a little too much on his initial retirement from football, and as a Dolphin fan who has heard about that stuff repeatedly, I would have liked to hear more about his experience in Canada, and the events that led him to find a love for football again. I also thought the show took the easy way and avoided the issue of Ricky needing money to support his children, something that would have also shed light on his return to the game. Anyway, as a a huge Ricky Williams fan I enjoyed the piece, especially the way it called out the media for their irrational take on his retirement.



I think it was focused so much on that initial retirement because thats when he started having his life recorded...

That was some crazy stuff about his dad.. I never knew about that..

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
It takes a lot of courage to put that kind of personal information out there for the world, and Ricky was the last person I would expect that from. The guy has made huge strides on improving himself both mentally and physically.

My favorite part was when he realized and told Sean that if he could just get his head straight he had the ability to be the best football player in the league. It seems as though he has his head on straight finally, I can't wait to see him and RB dominate this year.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 148
joeschmoe wrote:
It takes a lot of courage to put that kind of personal information out there for the world, and Ricky was the last person I would expect that from. The guy has made huge strides on improving himself both mentally and physically.




I wouldn't call it courage. Ricky has lost a ton of money, has kids all across the country. I think he needed the money and thats why now all these years later he let this be released. To make a few pennies


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Flipper wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
It takes a lot of courage to put that kind of personal information out there for the world, and Ricky was the last person I would expect that from. The guy has made huge strides on improving himself both mentally and physically.




I wouldn't call it courage. Ricky has lost a ton of money, has kids all across the country. I think he needed the money and thats why now all these years later he let this be released. To make a few pennies


I don't think so, he started recording this before he was told he would have to pay the money back. Ricky is obviously not the guy to do things for money. Even so, is he really making money off this? Did UM get paid for their movie? I remember UM wanting nothing to do with their 30 for 30.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Proof that Ricky doesn't do it for the money:

Quote:
Williams hopes to raise between $10,000 and $20,000 from the premiere, with proceeds going to benefit the Ricky Williams Foundation.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ricky-williams-featured-in-espn-30-for-30-doc-2010-4#ixzz0mOsCWEqf

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:54 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 347
joeschmoe wrote:
Proof that Ricky doesn't do it for the money:

Quote:
Williams hopes to raise between $10,000 and $20,000 from the premiere, with proceeds going to benefit the Ricky Williams Foundation.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ricky-williams-featured-in-espn-30-for-30-doc-2010-4#ixzz0mOsCWEqf



Very cool.. :yay: :yay:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 148
joeschmoe wrote:
Flipper wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
It takes a lot of courage to put that kind of personal information out there for the world, and Ricky was the last person I would expect that from. The guy has made huge strides on improving himself both mentally and physically.




I wouldn't call it courage. Ricky has lost a ton of money, has kids all across the country. I think he needed the money and thats why now all these years later he let this be released. To make a few pennies


I don't think so, he started recording this before he was told he would have to pay the money back. Ricky is obviously not the guy to do things for money. Even so, is he really making money off this? Did UM get paid for their movie? I remember UM wanting nothing to do with their 30 for 30.


The people in THE U movie got paid. Michael Irvin said he wouldn't talk until he got paid. The director refused to pay Warren Sapp so Sapp isn't in the movie. they are making a sequal called "U2" and Sapp asked to get paid again,they said no so Sapp is now going public as to why he isn't in it and to let everyone know some people get paid and some dont. He is trying to wreck the project by turning everyone against each other


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:34 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9554
Location: Fargo, ND
Some of us, while disappointed in his choices, stood by giving Ricky more opportunities to return to football and this team. I knew a little bit about some of his issues, and I tried to understand the confusion he was under. I can remember taking a lot of heat on this forum for my sympathy towards Ricky. I know he made bad choices, but I was more concerned with who he was as a person and finding his way out of a dark time in his life than I was about who he was as a football player. I know there were a few others on this forum like me.
Glad to see he is able to finally have his story told. As you can see by who Ricky is today, the lesson is served for why we shouldn't give up on people too easily. We all go through tough times in our life, but redemption is never too far away.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
That was a hell of a good show on Ricky. I liked the part when they found that 1fan and asked her what she thought of Ricky,after he came back to play well for us. For me it did answer some of the ?s I had about why he left the game but more how he left it. I was more upset that he did it right before the season felt he could have done it well before that. I know he didn't mean to do it that way but IMOP if you're thinking about leaving,you don't think it Monday and due it Wensday. I think he thought about it in pre-season or before and could have said something then. But it's in the past now and I hope he does get his "Head Right" in life and in football, but football 1st we're trying to win this year lol

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
That was a hell of a good show on Ricky. I liked the part when they found that 1fan and asked her what she thought of Ricky,after he came back to play well for us. For me it did answer some of the ?s I had about why he left the game but more how he left it. I was more upset that he did it right before the season felt he could have done it well before that. I know he didn't mean to do it that way but IMOP if you're thinking about leaving,you don't think it Monday and due it Wensday. I think he thought about it in pre-season or before and could have said something then. But it's in the past now and I hope he does get his "Head Right" in life and in football, but football 1st we're trying to win this year lol


I've seen you used IMOP in several threads now so I have to ask, what does it stand for? I've heard IMO, or IMHO, or even IMPO, but never IMOP.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:21 am 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 226
phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
IMOP if you're thinking about leaving,you don't think it Monday and due it Wensday. I think he thought about it in pre-season or before and could have said something then.


I doubt that Ricky had the kind of relationship with Wanny & Co. where he could have said "I'm thinking about retiring but am unsure so you might should prepare for that scenario." Also, every now and then I talk myself into doing something I don't really want to do and as the time approaches and the details become more obvious and pressing my desire to go forward drops dramatically and sometimes I just call and cancel the day of. I can see Ricky talking himself into thinking "maybe it'll be better" then getting a workout schedule or having to talk to Wanny or something and realizing it'll just be more of the same.

The timing sucked for us but, to me, makes sense for him.

_________________
Thanks for making the sig PZ.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:40 am
Posts: 36
Flipper wrote:
It's gonna be on all of them at some point. They are replaying it about a million times this week


Any chance someone has recorded and uploaded it for us non US residents??? Pleeeeeese

_________________
Image Don't laugh. I gotta start somewhere!!!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:20 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
jimmygintheuk wrote:
Flipper wrote:
It's gonna be on all of them at some point. They are replaying it about a million times this week


Any chance someone has recorded and uploaded it for us non US residents??? Pleeeeeese


Not sure if this has the whole thing....

http://30for30.espn.com/film/run-ricky-run.html


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:05 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:02 pm
Posts: 46
If anyone needs to watch it, I have it playing on my channel at:

www.justin.tv/txdolfan

access code is: phinfever34

click on the thumbnail under the screen and you can watch it.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 659
TxDolfan wrote:
If anyone needs to watch it, I have it playing on my channel at:

http://www.justin.tv/txdolfan

access code is: phinfever34

click on the thumbnail under the screen and you can watch it.
Thanks again Tx.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:57 am
Posts: 226
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
That is golden gonna watch it tomorrow when I get home from a family union.


Ricky is top of the top. Having had child abuse close to my person I can certainly say that it isn't something you leave behind ever, not as a victim or as a family.

_________________
-
A Dane lost on the internet, crashed here
-


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: Hagerstown, MD
THANKS TX! You the man.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:33 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Like him or love him, Ricky has a chance to walk away our all time yardage leader. His tenure with the Dolphins has been rocky to say the least. One really can't say how good he could have been had he not gotten off track. But one thing is for sure, he's one player I'll never forget! Run Ricky Run!
:yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
TxDolfan wrote:
If anyone needs to watch it, I have it playing on my channel at:

http://www.justin.tv/txdolfan

access code is: phinfever34

click on the thumbnail under the screen and you can watch it.


When are you gonna play it?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12366
Location: Raleigh, NC
Greg Cote wrote:
Anybody see Run Ricky Run, the ESPN special on Ricky Williams? Anybody else as tired as me of the overprobed and breathlessly fascinated indulgence of Ricky's perpetual self-searching? I mean, we get that he's a profound, tortured, complicated soul of great depth, OK? Now, just for once, can we please leave the analyst's couch behind and just think of him as a (bleeping) running back!?


http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/02/1 ... xtend.html


I'm with Cote on this. Anyone on this forum that doesn't jump on the Ricky bus seems to get roasted, but I am sick of seeing the drama. I understand that his dad leaves a lot to be desired, but I know his mom and she's a good lady. Just play football.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
I do believe Ricky did a nice job of playing the game of football for Miami last year as he finished 10th in rushing with 1,121 yards and 11TD. He had 35 receptions and 2 TD also. Since I am not a fan of Greg Cote, I could care less what he thinks.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Big Dave wrote:
Greg Cote wrote:
Anybody see Run Ricky Run, the ESPN special on Ricky Williams? Anybody else as tired as me of the overprobed and breathlessly fascinated indulgence of Ricky's perpetual self-searching? I mean, we get that he's a profound, tortured, complicated soul of great depth, OK? Now, just for once, can we please leave the analyst's couch behind and just think of him as a (bleeping) running back!?


http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/02/1 ... xtend.html


I'm with Cote on this. Anyone on this forum that doesn't jump on the Ricky bus seems to get roasted, but I am sick of seeing the drama. I understand that his dad leaves a lot to be desired, but I know his mom and she's a good lady. Just play football.


I hear what you're saying, Dave, but how often do we ever get a chance to think of these guys as actual human beings? We get so caught up in the game and stats and winning and losing that we forget that these guys have to go home and live their lives just like us. We can be so critical on guys, and Ricky has taken more heat than many NFL players. Its good to step away from the game and take a look behind the scenes at whats REALLY going on.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r