All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Running Backs for 2015
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:00 am 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 1109
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Lamar Miller has a pretty decent chance to break 1000 yards this season, but that 1000 yard mark is extremely average in my mind. Yes his yards per carry are high, but his touches are low. Can we really go into next season with Miller as the bellcow? He's had 2 seasons to be "the guy" and this coaching staff refuses to unleash the beast in him, is this a sign of not being able to handle it, or just bad coaching?

Do we stay the course with Miller and let Williams develop underneath him?
Do we draft a young RB?
Do we go Free Agency?

Here is the list of this offseason's Free Agents.


PLAYER POS STATUS FROM TO AGE EXP 2014 CAP HIT
Frank Gore RB UFA SF TBD 31 9 $6,450,000
Ryan Mathews RB UFA SD TBD 27 4 $3,612,000
Knowshon Moreno RB UFA MIA TBD 27 5 $3,000,000
Mark Ingram RB UFA NO TBD 24 3 $2,359,875
Darren McFadden RB UFA OAK TBD 27 6 $1,670,000
DeMarco Murray RB UFA DAL TBD 26 3 $1,596,625
Roy Helu RB UFA WAS TBD 25 4 $1,548,563
Bilal Powell RB UFA NYJ TBD 26 3 $1,531,125
Jacquizz Rodgers RB UFA ATL TBD 24 3 $1,478,750
Shane Vereen RB UFA NE TBD 25 3 $1,101,275
Cedric Peerman RB UFA CIN TBD 28 5 $1,050,000
Stevan Ridley RB UFA NE TBD 25 3 $939,750
Antone Smith RB UFA ATL TBD 29 4 $762,500
Jordan Todman RB RFA JAC TBD 24 3 $645,000
DuJuan Harris RB UFA GB TBD 26 1 $645,000
Leon Washington RB UFA TEN TBD 32 8 $635,000
Jonathan Dwyer RB UFA ARI TBD 25 4 $635,000
Brandon Bolden RB RFA NE TBD 24 2 $574,584
Chris Polk RB RFA PHI TBD 25 2 $573,334
Travaris Cadet RB RFA NO TBD 25 2 $571,667
Bobby Rainey RB RFA TB TBD 27 3 $570,000
Dan Herron RB RFA IND TBD 25 2 $570,000
Justin Forsett RB UFA BAL TBD 29 6 $570,000
Lance Dunbar RB RFA DAL TBD 24 2 $570,000
Matt Asiata RB RFA MIN TBD 27 3 $570,000
Daniel Thomas RB UFA MIA TBD 27 3 $569,118
Kory Sheets RB RFA OAK TBD 29 3 $525,000
Chase Reynolds RB ERFA STL TBD 27 3 $495,000
Fozzy Whittaker RB ERFA CAR TBD 25 1 $495,000
Ahmad Bradshaw RB UFA IND TBD 28 7 $486,353
Joe McKnight RB UFA KC TBD 26 4 $437,000
Ronnie Brown RB UFA SD TBD 33 9 $402,353
Alfonso Smith RB UFA SF TBD 27 4 $265,588
LaMichael James RB UFA MIA TBD 25 2 $234,706
Marcus Thigpen RB RFA BUF TBD 28 2 $167,647

I like Chris Polk on the list.... I think he was pretty decent when he played for the Washington Huskies, just sat behind Shady McCoy and didnt get that big of a role. I dont watch much Eagles Football- is he worth a look?

Adrian Peterson should be an option on this list when he inevitably gets released. I would say priority number 1 would be to bring him in... If you notice, Vereen and Ridley are both on this list, so New England will be in the market.... just keep AP away from NE would be a smart move even if it requires a PR move.... Think about the Corey Dillon signing back in the day which helped them get to Super Bowls....... I could imagine Brady/Peterson would be unstoppable.

I'd consider Ingram just for short distance situations.... Not sure if he would accept a salary on a committee type role.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6945
SkyHigh314 wrote:
Adrian Peterson should be an option on this list when he inevitably gets released. I would say priority number 1 would be to bring him in... If you notice, Vereen and Ridley are both on this list, so New England will be in the market.... just keep AP away from NE would be a smart move even if it requires a PR move.... Think about the Corey Dillon signing back in the day which helped them get to Super Bowls....... I could imagine Brady/Peterson would be unstoppable.

If AP is cut. I see NE all over him. BB does not care about players with media baggage.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:29 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10870
Location: MA
Find a coach who can commit to the run and then we'll worry about the future back. Miller gets about 10-15 carries per game so we'll never know if he can handle a larger role.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:15 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 1109
Location: Piscataway, NJ
The interesting thing is that AP has interest in Dallas, Jerry Jones has interest in AP.... and DeMarco Murray is in a contract year this year.

I think BB will go for AP, but if Dallas is willing to let Murray walk, he will land in Dallas.

I just Hope Miami makes an attempt...


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:37 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12575
Location: Lancaster, PA
Runningback is a lower priority this offseason than offensive guard, offensive tackle, wide receiver, defensive tackle, safety and corner.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6945
swerve13 wrote:
Runningback is a lower priority this offseason than offensive guard, offensive tackle, wide receiver, defensive tackle, safety and corner.

Why is Miami always looking for non play making positions?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 5201
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Runningback is a lower priority this offseason than offensive guard, offensive tackle, wide receiver, defensive tackle, safety and corner.

Why is Miami always looking for non play making positions?


Drafting and signing OL is imperative to the offense. It's been holding this team back years, pass protection is horrible. We will have Albert back next season, and will need to sign a couple of quality guys to protect the interior. It's definitely a priority.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6945
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Drafting and signing OL is imperative to the offense. It's been holding this team back years, pass protection is horrible. We will have Albert back next season, and will need to sign a couple of quality guys to protect the interior. It's definitely a priority.

Agree, but the question is why is Miami always looking at those position. How many misses can one team have?


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: k-dash and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r