All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5495
Location: Columbia, SC
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Ya, those 22 receptions, 269 yards, and 2 TD's are just insane numbers.


He was obviously talking about the latter, and more recent stretch of the season where he has stepped up into a bigger role. Not everyone takes over games straight out the gate. I agree with Tone.



Thanks AFC. Miami has gotten Dion more involved the last few weeks and he has come up with some big catches.

I guess Rock's version of stepping up is being a player that post bigger numbers. He can explain his thinking because I am not trying to figure it out.

I think his numbers will get better and he is that inline blocker that the Dolphins want at TE.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:02 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12575
Location: Lancaster, PA
Rock Sexton wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
It's a process, he didn't take on a larger role in the offense until later in the season. He was a 7th round pick IIRC, in his second season. Do you honestly expect him to light it up already? I know people hate the term "progress" around here, and I don't blame you...but it's true with Sims.


First off, he was taken in the 4th round with the 106th pick. Secondly, I said nothing about lighting it up already.

We need to stop falling in love with mediocrity. He's a role player who made the best of his limited opportunities, but they need a legit playmaker with size and big catching radius.

No more mediocrity but you want Kenny Britt????


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:07 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12575
Location: Lancaster, PA
Gore and Johnson are washed up. Britt is a has been. We need a young blue chipper to build around. All the good teams went that route with Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Demaryius Thomas, Megatron. Look what Odell is doing for the Gmen. All of a sudden they,re winning games. There are 3 elite receiver prospects in this draft and we need to do whats necessary to move up 7 or 8 spots to land one.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:48 pm
Posts: 6174
swerve13 wrote:
No more mediocrity but you want Kenny Britt????


That was IF we couldn't get a guy via the draft, I said I'd be "open" to it. Did you just conveniently forget when I wrote that on this site?

The guy played decently with absolutely nothing at QB this year. 710 yards, 3TD's, and a 16.14 YPC (9th in the NFL). In fact that YPC is better than any of the receivers you previously posted about (i.e. Green, Megatron, Nelson, Thomas, etc). He wouldn't cost a team much, definitely not Jordy Nelson errrr I mean Brian Hartline money.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:48 pm
Posts: 6174
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Your "falling in love with mediocrity" comment does a little more than just imply that you believe Sims is mediocre, and not worthy of the 53. Maybe you should have a better choice of words to avoid such a vague interpretation. No need to get so overly passionate about all this.


There's nothing vague about it. Where exactly is he "excelling" right now? He's a mediocre role player until proven otherwise. To his credit he doesn't botch his limited role in the passing game. My point earlier was you don't NOT draft a receiver with big play ability and a big catch radius because he is on the roster.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 5201
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Rock Sexton wrote:
My point earlier was you don't NOT draft a receiver with big play ability and a big catch radius because he is on the roster.


I don't know who in their right mind would argue against that.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:30 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12575
Location: Lancaster, PA
Rock Sexton wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
No more mediocrity but you want Kenny Britt????


That was IF we couldn't get a guy via the draft, I said I'd be "open" to it. Did you just conveniently forget when I wrote that on this site?

The guy played decently with absolutely nothing at QB this year. 710 yards, 3TD's, and a 16.14 YPC (9th in the NFL). In fact that YPC is better than any of the receivers you previously posted about (i.e. Green, Megatron, Nelson, Thomas, etc). He wouldn't cost a team much, definitely not Jordy Nelson errrr I mean Brian Hartline money.

Ha!!!!!!!!!! Did you just compare Britt to megatron demaryius, Jordy and A.J. Green?????


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:34 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12575
Location: Lancaster, PA
Sims is making plays down the stretch here. Anyone who watches the games can see that. There is no reason he can't become a solid tight end like Dwayne Allen. Sims was a well liked prospect but was very raw. He's progressing. But i still want another big tight end if we can get one. I love using a platoon of tight ends.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:48 pm
Posts: 6174
swerve13 wrote:
Ha!!!!!!!!!! Did you just compare Britt to megatron demaryius, Jordy and A.J. Green?????


Ahhhh there's that attempt to marginalize the YPC Britt put up with this year with a fresh batch of flame bait .... right on cue.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6945
jammer wrote:
Highly doubt Philbin would be open to dealing with Britt, but I guess you could counter with he's giving Damien Williams a chance..

What exactly has Britt done that has been so bad? Also, when is the last time he had any issues?

jammer wrote:
I still think the most realistic scenario is if a guy like Andre Johnson or Vincent Jackson were a cap casualty maybe Hickey would overpay for a year or two, similar to the Finnegan deal.
My point in all this is why overpay for someone who is declining and take a chance on a still young & physically impressive Wr who has not had a Qb to throw to him in the last 3 yrs.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:48 pm
Posts: 6174
swerve13 wrote:
Sims is making plays down the stretch here. Anyone who watches the games can see that. There is no reason he can't become a solid tight end like Dwayne Allen. Sims was a well liked prospect but was very raw. He's progressing. But i still want another big tight end if we can get one. I love using a platoon of tight ends.


What stretch of games are you talking about? He scored his first TD against Minny since Week 4.

Dwayne Allen has 8 TD's.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6945
swerve13 wrote:
Gore and Johnson are washed up. Britt is a has been. We need a young blue chipper to build around. All the good teams went that route with Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Demaryius Thomas, Megatron. Look what Odell is doing for the Gmen. All of a sudden they,re winning games. There are 3 elite receiver prospects in this draft and we need to do whats necessary to move up 7 or 8 spots to land one.

The NFL is full of has beens who found new life in a new setting. I'm not saying lay all your cards on him, but also do not put all your cards in a unproven rookie who may or may not be something.

Miami is not in position to draft, sign all the top guys. At some point you have to look at a guy & see who can be.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:15 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12575
Location: Lancaster, PA
Rock Sexton wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Sims is making plays down the stretch here. Anyone who watches the games can see that. There is no reason he can't become a solid tight end like Dwayne Allen. Sims was a well liked prospect but was very raw. He's progressing. But i still want another big tight end if we can get one. I love using a platoon of tight ends.


What stretch of games are you talking about? He scored his first TD against Minny since Week 4.

Dwayne Allen has 8 TD's.

You don't watch the games do you? Lol. Thats ok because ESPN does and they agree with us here that see promise in Sims.http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11975382


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:48 pm
Posts: 6174
swerve13 wrote:
You don't watch the games do you? Lol. Thats ok because ESPN does and they agree with us here that see promise in Sims.http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11975382


More flame bait.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 6208
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
swerve13 wrote:
Gore and Johnson are washed up. Britt is a has been. We need a young blue chipper to build around. All the good teams went that route with Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Demaryius Thomas, Megatron. Look what Odell is doing for the Gmen. All of a sudden they,re winning games. There are 3 elite receiver prospects in this draft and we need to do whats necessary to move up 7 or 8 spots to land one.

Good post.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:13 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10860
Location: MA
Dphins4me wrote:
jammer wrote:
Highly doubt Philbin would be open to dealing with Britt, but I guess you could counter with he's giving Damien Williams a chance..

What exactly has Britt done that has been so bad? Also, when is the last time he had any issues?

jammer wrote:
I still think the most realistic scenario is if a guy like Andre Johnson or Vincent Jackson were a cap casualty maybe Hickey would overpay for a year or two, similar to the Finnegan deal.
My point in all this is why overpay for someone who is declining and take a chance on a still young & physically impressive Wr who has not had a Qb to throw to him in the last 3 yrs.


I only know of Britt's previous run-ins with the law. No idea about recent issues. More of an indictment on Philbin's stubborn nature than Britt's record.

I agree with your point but I'm suggesting what I think Hickey/Philbin will do, not what I think they should do.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r