Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:58 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
Wake’s milestone: Cameron Wake recorded two sacks on Bridgewater to notch 11.5 on the season. This is the third time Wake has recorded double-digit sacks in his career. He also became the fourth Dolphin to accomplish the feat. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Wake's first sack of the day triggered a $750,000 bonus in the defensive end's contract.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... olphins-23

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:01 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Went all out for his head coach. Gotta admire that. Will definitely carry over to next season.
Cannot have Philbin as a lame duck though. Best Dolphin coach since Shula. Need to extend him.
Send a message that we know we are on a course to greatness with this guy as the leader.
This team played for his job yesterday & beat up a great Vikings team.
If not for a few dropped balls , some bad luck & bad calls we would be hosting playoff games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:09 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:
Cannot have Philbin as a lame duck though. Best Dolphin coach since Shula. Need to extend him.

Come on, Mitch. You're killing me. That is ridiculous.

FINesse wrote:
Send a message that we know we are on a course to greatness with this guy as the leader.

The best message that you can send is that .500 football is not what we hired him for. No extension.

FINesse wrote:
If not for a few dropped balls , some bad luck & bad calls we would be hosting playoff games.

Well, I can somewhat agree there. We would be in the playoffs. Hosting? I'm not so sure about that. One thing that can be said is that others teams can say the same thing about leaving a few plays on the field.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:31 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:

Dave, I am going to say this with the most due respect. Mak has met Mitch in person ( maybe others have too) and I totally believe he is a great guy, but there has GOT TO BE some method to his madness on Phinfever. For the several years I have been posting on here, I see nothing but ridiculousness from him on his Dolphin posts and if he is serious, he is like the boy who cried wolf :haha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:48 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I was just getting into the other topic of his declined play...

awe shucks...

And I am with Mitch 110% now.. Ross is a great owner, taking guidance from NFL greats like Peterson and Tanenbaum he will have this team competing for years to come..

This is the second straight year we were in the hunt at the start of week 15..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:30 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

10acjed wrote:
I was just getting into the other topic of his declined play...

awe shucks...

And I am with Mitch 110% now.. Ross is a great owner, taking guidance from NFL greats like Peterson and Tanenbaum he will have this team competing for years to come..

This is the second straight year we were in the hunt at the start of week 15..

So where the Bills and Texans. Wowee.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:13 am 

You will never hear me say Ross is a great owner. But this is a good team with a better than average young QB in a QB driven league. What that means is if you dont have a good QB you are done. Look at the Eagles since their QB went down. But in my opinion you cannot have a lame duck coach especially after keeping him when you missed the playoffs. This is why Ross sucks. Should have never made that decision with a game remaining. Extending him sends a message to the players as well as our oponents. Ross has not learned a thing from the Sparano debacle. He has made his bed. But we have to lay in it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:22 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finhead34 wrote:
Quote:

Dave, I am going to say this with the most due respect. Mak has met Mitch in person ( maybe others have too) and I totally believe he is a great guy, but there has GOT TO BE some method to his madness on Phinfever. For the several years I have been posting on here, I see nothing but ridiculousness from him on his Dolphin posts and if he is serious, he is like the boy who cried wolf :haha

I guess Mak and Mitch like you, when I tried to point this out they seem to get bent out of shape.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]