View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Unsigned Ronnie Brown Unhappy 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Unsigned Ronnie Brown Unhappy
I really feel for Ronnie. I love his talent, but I wouldn't sign him to a long term contract either due to his injury issues. It just wouldn't be good business.

Quote:
Unsigned Ronnie Brown Unhappy
Wed Apr 28, 2010
www.ffmastermind.com

The Miami Herald reports Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown has yet to sign his restricted free agent tender. He would like a long-term deal but that doesn’t seem imminent because the Dolphins don’t really have to offer one right now. Brown, 28, has yet to prove he’s 100 percent back from last year’s fractured foot and has never proven that he is exceedingly durable. The Dolphins own his rights this year via the restricted tender they placed on him and can extend after June 1st if Brown doesn’t sign by then. Bottom line is the Dolphins can keep Brown this year and decide to replace him with younger legs in 2011, if they wish.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:50 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Unsigned Ronnie Brown Unhappy
The last guy who was unhappy with his contract was Matt Roth. That didn't really end all that well.

Ronnie isn't getting an extension or long-term deal. He better deal with it

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:22 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It would be irresponsible to sign Ronnie to a long term deal.

I'm a Ronnie fan. I like what he brings to the table when he's healthy. But no way do you commit long term bucks to him.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:38 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

This front office didn't draft Ronnie. This front office has done everything in their power to get rid of all guys they didn't bring in.

They will keep Ronnie around for a year. They will use him up, then throw him out. Ronnie is always hurt, has no big play potential. The Wildcat's time has pretty much come and gone with Henne now taking over as a franchise QB.

I can't see Ronnie staying around after this year. Plus, how great it is we got 2 RB's in the final year of their contract. They will be busting butt all year fighting for their next contract with whomever!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:40 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Flipper wrote:
has no big play potential.

I agree with everything you said but this. Ronnie has all kind of big play potential, if you don't see that, you must not be actually watching the games.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:25 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Flipper wrote:
This front office didn't draft Ronnie. This front office has done everything in their power to get rid of all guys they didn't bring in.

They will keep Ronnie around for a year. They will use him up, then throw him out. Ronnie is always hurt, has no big play potential. The Wildcat's time has pretty much come and gone with Henne now taking over as a franchise QB.

I can't see Ronnie staying around after this year. Plus, how great it is we got 2 RB's in the final year of their contract. They will be busting arse all year fighting for their next contract with whomever!

The guys that were let go for the most part have not paned out. Matt Roth situation was very odd, but in the end I believe the kid lied to Miami about his physical condition. Would have been nice to have Matt and his size at OLB, but he burned his bridges.

I love Ronnie and his talent, but you have got to be able to stay on the field, and Ronnie has not been able to do that.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:39 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Coots wrote:
Flipper wrote:

I agree with everything you said but this. Ronnie has all kind of big play potential, if you don't see that, you must not be actually watching the games.

What Coots said... everyone knows I was a big advocate for trading Ronnie and trying to get some value for him... so it's not like I'd be sad to really see him go... but he definitely has some big play potential.

Fact is, he's never on the field to display it.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:46 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Coots wrote:
Flipper wrote:

Potential means it never actually materialized. And in Ronnie's case, we saw very little in the way of big plays and long runs.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:07 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Coots wrote:
Flipper wrote:

He has zero big play potential. He never breaks long runs. He isn't a home run hitter type of RB.

And I watch all the games via NFL SUNDAY TICKET. The guy breaks about 1 big run a year. No more, no less. That isn't big play potential

Last edited by Flipper on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:10 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Not to mention if we let Ronnie Brown walk and leave via Free Agency, we will get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick for him. Probably a 3rd.

That comes into play next year since we already don't have a 2nd round pick via the Brandon Marshall trade.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:11 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

The only place it say's he's unhappy is in the title, LOL....

If anyone should understand the situation, it's Ronnie himself...How can anyone expect a long term deal, coming off a injury. I really don't think he's "unhappy". JMO

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:17 am
Profile YIM

Flipper wrote:
Not to mention if we let Ronnie Brown walk and leave via Free Agency, we will get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick for him. Probably a 3rd.

That comes into play next year since we already don't have a 2nd round pick via the Brandon Marshall trade.

They only get a compensatory pick if he isn't "appropriately" replaced.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:18 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Flipper wrote:

I can't see Ronnie staying around after this year. Plus, how great it is we got 2 RB's in the final year of their contract. They will be busting arse all year fighting for their next contract with whomever!

Here is just a few:

Greg Camarillo (got ext)
Ricky Williams (got ext)
Channing Crowder (got ext)
Brandon Fields
Will Allen
Jason Allen
Yeremiah Bell

Not sure about the last 3, and this is just a quick off the top of my head ist...

The myth that this regime only wants "their players" is crazy. Look at the FA's they have brought in, they are not coming in from systems Parcells put together...

Ronnie hasnt got his extension cause he got hurt... Sure its not nice, but its business. He has to come back and play it out to let them see that he is worth it....

Personally I love the guy, and think e is a solid RB in a 2 back system. I just dont think he can carry the team as the sole back..

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:24 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

10acjed wrote:
Flipper wrote:

Here is just a few:

Greg Camarillo (got ext)
Ricky Williams (got ext)
Channing Crowder (got ext)
Brandon Fields
Will Allen
Jason Allen
Yeremiah Bell

Not sure about the last 3, and this is just a quick off the top of my head ist...

The myth that this regime only wants "their players" is crazy. Look at the FA's they have brought in, they are not coming in from systems Parcells put together...

Ronnie hasnt got his extension cause he got hurt... Sure its not nice, but its business. He has to come back and play it out to let them see that he is worth it....

Personally I love the guy, and think e is a solid RB in a 2 back system. I just dont think he can carry the team as the sole back..

It's a 53 man roster and you can only come up with a handfull of names! That's my point. I mean they aren't going to cut guys for the sake of cutting them. If they have some value they will keep them around, but the bottom line is they have gotten rid of as many of the bums from that 1-15 team as possible, in fact almost all of them. And they kept about what 6 or 7 as we enter their 3rd year!

That's my entire point! THANK YOU!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:47 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
Flipper wrote:

They only get a compensatory pick if he isn't "appropriately" replaced.

True. It's very vague how they pass out comp picks, but I bet we get one in the end

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:48 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Flipper wrote:

It's a 53 man roster and you can only come up with a handfull of names! That's my point. I mean they aren't going to cut guys for the sake of cutting them. If they have some value they will keep them around, but the bottom line is they have gotten rid of as many of the bums from that 1-15 team as possible, in fact almost all of them. And they kept about what 6 or 7 as we enter their 3rd year!

Yeah, they have gotten rid of guys that were not performing. Coaches, and players were held accountable for the team going south. And to my knowledge none have gone off to have break out seasons else where. Even the guys we all hated see go have proven they just dont have what they used to.

I really dont think Ronnie falls into that category tho, they easily could have moved him over the last few years if they didnt want him around. I dont think him not being re signed is the same reason some of the other players from pre 07 were not re signed is my point....

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:00 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Coots wrote:
Flipper wrote:

Potential means it never actually materialized. And in Ronnie's case, we saw very little in the way of big plays and long runs.

Agreed... for someone who ran a great 40 time at the combine, it seems Brown is always caught from behind whenever he breaks free.

Solid runner from LOS to about 12 yards... after that, he just doesn't have the breakaway speed to be a home run hitter.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:08 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

10acjed wrote:
Flipper wrote:

Yeah, they have gotten rid of guys that were not performing. Coaches, and players were held accountable for the team going south. And to my knowledge none have gone off to have break out seasons else where. Even the guys we all hated see go have proven they just dont have what they used to.

I really dont think Ronnie falls into that category tho, they easily could have moved him over the last few years if they didnt want him around. I dont think him not being re signed is the same reason some of the other players from pre 07 were not re signed is my point....

Well as the #2 overall pick in a salary cap era Ronnie was tough to move because of his huge contract. This year they could have moved him and probaby wanted to but since he didn't sign his tender they couldn't trade him. And they cant cut him with no suitable back-up in place.

Matt Roth went on to have a big 2nd half last year in Cleveland. And the 3 guys who went to Denver last year (Goodman, Hill, Holliday) did well to improve their defense. None were superstars but those 3 played well for them.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:09 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Ronnie Brown is a top 10 RB in the league hands down. Only problem is the fact that he hasn't been able to get through an entire season. Its a tough one, but if it were up to me I would extend his contract.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:09 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

TheCarver13 wrote:
Ronnie Brown is a top 10 RB in the league hands down. Only problem is the fact that he hasn't been able to get through an entire season. Its a tough one, but if it were up to me I would extend his contract.

Top 10.....not even close, I'm sorry! He isn't close to Top 10 in the league! I'm not even sure Ronnie is the best RB on his own team with the way Ricky plays!

I can come up with 10 better RB's around the league off the top of my head as we enter 2010....
Peterson
Turner
Gore
Chris Johnson
MJD
Steven Jackson
Thomas Jones
DeAngelo Williams
Menhenhall
Addai

And this isn't a knock on Ronnie, this is just stating a fact! Ronnie is a nice player, I like him, but he isn't Top 10 in the league

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:17 am

Flipper wrote:
I can come up with 10 better RB's around the league off the top of my head as we enter 2010....
Peterson
Turner
Gore
Chris Johnson
MJD
Steven Jackson
Thomas Jones
DeAngelo Williams
Menhenhall
Addai

You can't be serious about Joseph Addai.... that's a reach that he is a top 10 back....

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:21 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

MOD EDIT:

Thanks for joining....Please be sure you check with the site owner before spamming your site here.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:24 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Peterson
Turner
Gore
Chris Johnson
MJD
Steven Jackson
Thomas Jones
DeAngelo Williams
Menhenhall
Addai

You can't be serious about Joseph Addai.... that's a reach that he is a top 10 back....

The numbers don't lie. Production doesn't lie...

Last year 13 total toucdowns. Ran for 825 yards. Caught 51 receptions for 330 yards. That's top 10 production out of a RB whether ya like it or not.

But either way....Ronnie isn't a Top 10 back that is the original point which I think we all can agree on

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:28 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Flipper wrote:
TheCarver13 wrote:

Top 10.....not even close, I'm sorry! He isn't close to Top 10 in the league! I'm not even sure Ronnie is the best RB on his own team with the way Ricky plays!

Peterson
Turner
Gore
Chris Johnson
MJD
Steven Jackson
Thomas Jones
DeAngelo Williams
Menhenhall
Addai

And this isn't a knock on Ronnie, this is just stating a fact! Ronnie is a nice player, I like him, but he isn't Top 10 in the league

LMAO at Joseph Addai and Rashard Mendenhall. Not saying they are good players but Ronnie Brown has definitely been a better RB than Addai, when healthy. Mendenhall has been in the league for 2 seasons and did his thing last year but you can't even compare him to Ronnie at this stage.

The list is more like:
1. Adrian Peterson
2. Chris Johnson
3. Michael Turner
4. Frank Gore
5. Steven Jackson
6. DeAngelo Williams
7. Maurice Jones-Drew
8. Ronnie Brown
9. Jonathan Stewart
10. Brandon Jacobs/Thomas Jones

Last edited by TheCarver13 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:37 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Quote:
Last year 13 total toucdowns. Ran for 825 yards. Caught 51 receptions for 330 yards. That's top 10 production out of a RB whether ya like it or not.

In 2007 Ronnie Brown carried the team on his back through 7 games until he got injured and was the BEST RB in the league!
602 yds rushing (5.1 average), 4 rushing TD's, 39 receptions for 389 yards and a TD.

He would of easily topped 1000 yards rushing every single season of his career but was held back because of injuries.

2005 Games Started: 14 (rushed for 907 yards)
2006 Games Started: 12 (rushed for 1.008 yards)
2007 Games Started: 7 (rushed for 602 yards)
2008 Games Started: 13 (rushed for 916 yards)
2009 Games Started: 9 (rushed for 648 yards)

Addai had a 3.8 rushing average last season and a 3.5 the season before! Brown has never been under 4.2!
Get it together...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:51 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Its all dependent on the o-line.. You cant really compare 2 backs with 2 different o lines...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:11 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Quote:
Its all dependent on the o-line.. You cant really compare 2 backs with 2 different o lines...

Now you're getting a bit to deep with it. You could say the same for QB's that have a terrific Pass Blocking O-line. Is that going to change your mind in thinking that Tom Brady is no better than Jason Campbell? No I didn't think so...

As I said before... In 2007 when Ronnie had no help he carried the team offensively and was the best RB in football until he got hurt. He's shown that he can do it on his own. No Peyton Manning or high powered offense like Addai has had. Brown has also shown lots of versatility, power, speed, elusiveness. catching the ball, throwing the ball, wildcat specialist, and consistency.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:14 am

Flipper wrote:

But either way....Ronnie isn't a Top 10 back that is the original point which I think we all can agree on

Statistically you could make the argument that Ricky Williams was a top 10 back last year with 1121 yards rushing, 264 receiving and 13 touchdowns.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:43 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

TheCarver13 wrote:

:) :) :)

more like top 20!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:55 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

MdDolfan wrote:
TheCarver13 wrote:

:) :) :)

more like top 20!

Exactly. Ronnie Brown has had 1 good OVERALL SEASON in his career.

And like I said you can make a case that Ronnie isn't even the best RB on his team. Let alone Top 10 in the entire league.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:13 am

Flipper wrote:

Then you must be dismissing the numbers Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, Jonathan Stewart, Ricky Williams, Ryan Grant, etc put up.

You throw out a list of 10 guys, talk about the numbers not lying, but apparently haven't looked at the numbers.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:17 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
Flipper wrote:

Then you must be dismissing the numbers Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, Jonathan Stewart, Ricky Williams, Ryan Grant, etc put up.

You throw out a list of 10 guys, talk about the numbers not lying, but apparently haven't looked at the numbers.

Why are you being so abrasive and harsh? Just having a conversation here. No need to get upset or be a d&ck over this. Jees...

The POINT of the conversation is Ronnie isn't a Top 10 back. Which he isn't.

We never went over the parameters for what makes a Top 10 back? And I stated....."off the top of my head". I didn't do research like this is a school project or some college term paper!

Are we basing it only on 1 year (2009)? Or basing it on a career (which I was). Who has had a more productive and better career (or 2009?)....Addai or Ronnie. NOT EVEN CLOSE! Addai wins out on BOTH! And Addai's career compared to the rest of the careers of other backs in the league and its not even up for debate that he's Top 10.

Bottom line is ask 10 different people for a list of Top 10 NFL RB's and you will get 10 different lists probably, one constant though is Ronnie wouldn't be on any of them. But guess what, Adai will be on a couple.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:37 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

There aren't many backs in the league that will run you over one play then pull up and throw a 15 yard pass on the next. Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I love Ronnie and think he is definitely a top 10 back, albeit he may be #9-10. The guy plays tough, physical football which is why he gets hurt so much. And fwiw, putting Adai over Brown is just dumb.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 am

Flipper wrote:
Why are you being so abrasive and harsh?

I'm just responding the same way you did.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:06 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Flipper wrote:
Rich wrote:
Flipper wrote:

Why are you being so abrasive and harsh? Just having a conversation here. No need to get upset or be a d&ck over this. Jees...

The POINT of the conversation is Ronnie isn't a Top 10 back. Which he isn't.

And you have proved that how? Throwing out a list of running backs that you deem better? That is not exactly proof.

Flipper wrote:
We never went over the parameters for what makes a Top 10 back? And I stated....."off the top of my head". I didn't do research like this is a school project or some college term paper!

And yet you say you have proved Brown isn't a top 10 back. :hithead:

flipper wrote:
Are we basing it only on 1 year (2009)? Or basing it on a career (which I was). Who has had a more productive and better career (or 2009?)....Addai or Ronnie. NOT EVEN CLOSE! Addai wins out on BOTH! And Addai's career compared to the rest of the careers of other backs in the league and its not even up for debate that he's Top 10.

Really? Have you looked at the numbers?

Addai: 219 carries, 828 yards, 10 TD, 3.8 Average
Brown: 147 carries, 648 yards, 8 TD, 4.4 Average.

Brown already wins the average argument easily. Addai had more carries, hence more yards and TD. It is quite clear by running the numbers that had Brown just equaled the number of carries Addai had he would have more yards and more tds. So you lose the 2009 argument.

Flipper wrote:
Bottom line is ask 10 different people for a list of Top 10 NFL RB's and you will get 10 different lists probably, one constant though is Ronnie wouldn't be on any of them. But guess what, Adai will be on a couple.

Really, you've done this research already?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

When Brown and Williams are in that backfield it's electric! But for as much good stuff as Ronnie has, he's got just as much bad stuff to go along with it. If Brown wants an extension, well, he probably won't get it. I'm not sure where this report is coming from but if Ronnie thinks he deserves an extension he's maybe lost his mind. Roth at least came off of a somewhat productive season when he wanted an extension. Ronnie came off of a season where he got injured early and picked up a DUI in the offseason. Not exactly the type of performance both on and off the field that inspires confidence. I hope we keep Ronnie Brown for a long time, but if the Trifecta walks away after this season then I'll understand why.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:35 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Hey the bottom line is this, if Ronnie is unhappy then oh well he is with us this year. Now if he want's to show that he is worth more to a team then this is his year to prove it. If he stays healthy and plays like a "Top 10 back" then he will get his money some place else. Parcells and crew don't do well with players who only want to get paid. So this year he needs to shut up and show up then his money will come with is next team,cause I think he is out of here next season.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Other than a very old Marino jersey, Ronnie Brown is the only other jersey I own. I will root very hard for him, and hope that he stays healthy all year and they resign him. Although, I know how it goes, and running backs are fairly easy to find. If he plays his butt off and makes another pro bowl I'd find it hard to let him walk.
He's up there in age for a running back, but like Ricky, he doesn't have a lot of wear on him. He's got a good 6 years left. He'll split his carries with Ricky, and maybe Ricky will be back the season after that, so from a wear and tear and age factor, I don't think that's a problem. The problem is; do we want to pay big money for a guy that splits carries and could be replaceable?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:18 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Iowafin wrote:
Other than a very old Marino jersey, Ronnie Brown is the only other jersey I own. I will root very hard for him, and hope that he stays healthy all year and they resign him. Although, I know how it goes, and running backs are fairly easy to find. If he plays his butt off and makes another pro bowl I'd find it hard to let him walk.
He's up there in age for a running back, but like Ricky, he doesn't have a lot of wear on him. He's got a good 6 years left. He'll split his carries with Ricky, and maybe Ricky will be back the season after that, so from a wear and tear and age factor, I don't think that's a problem. The problem is; do we want to pay big money for a guy that splits carries and could be replaceable?

Yeah as much as I would hate to see him go,but it is a what have you done for me lately or what can you provide for me league.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:23 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Why are you being so abrasive and harsh?

I'm just responding the same way you did.

No your not. I was totally respectful in every post i put up in this thread.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next