Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I'd be happy with Shorts or Royal on the cheap to replace Gibson. Still need to find a beast in this draft though.

Drafting a #1 seems to be the plan. Names I've read that they are focusing on are Parker, Strong, DGB, Devin Smith and Dorsett.

I read that Cecil Shorts is looking to go home to Cleveland. Eddie Royal would be a nice #4 with YAC ability.

Dan, were did you read where Miami had interest in DGB?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:36 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

phinsfansc wrote:

Guy on twitter who seems to be pretty good with info. He said he's been told they are doing their homework because of his potential but the general sense is that they wouldn't go in that direction.

Again, just rumors. But when Hartline was cut this guy said his source told him another shoe would drop that afternoon. Sure enough Gibson was cut. He also said the DT plan was not what we expected but he wasn't at liberty to reveal it. Next day Barry Jackson talked about Corey Peters to which this guy acknowledged was the info he heard. So right now I'm buying what he's saying.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Guy on twitter who seems to be pretty good with info. He said he's been told they are doing their homework because of his potential but the general sense is that they wouldn't go in that direction.

Again, just rumors. But when Hartline was cut this guy said his source told him another shoe would drop that afternoon. Sure enough Gibson was cut. He also said the DT plan was not what we expected but he wasn't at liberty to reveal it. Next day Barry Jackson talked about Corey Peters to which this guy acknowledged was the info he heard. So right now I'm buying what he's saying.

The fact that they are looking at DGB is a promising sign for me. Would love to see Miami trade down and get him.

He will have to be looked into thoroughly, but his ability, size and potential are hard to ignore. Depending on what Miami does in free agency at receiver, they could look to draft 2. I think Phillip Dorsett is a real possibility if they draft a big receiver 1st.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:42 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Dorsett makes no sense for a team that does not know how to use Mike Wallace. They are the same kind of player. Dorsett would be better off in Baltimore or Carolina. We need a big drag route receiver that gets a ton of YAC and can post up in the red zone.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Dorsett makes no sense for a team that does not know how to use Mike Wallace. They are the same kind of player. Dorsett would be better off in Baltimore or Carolina. We need a big drag route receiver that gets a ton of YAC and can post up in the red zone.

That would be a vintage Dolphins front office decision to replace a speedster they can't use properly with another one and leave themselves without a legit redzone, large catch radius target again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:10 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

As much as I like Devin Smith and Dorsett I don't want them in Miami. Bad fits for what we do.
Any of these will do just fine:
White
Cooper
Parker
Strong
Perriman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:34 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Nate Garner has been released

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:42 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Throw in Orlando Franklin as a possibility via David Hyde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:49 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Haven't seen McCourty linked but man I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:30 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

(Rotoworld)ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the Cardinals, Jets, Dolphins, and 49ers are "potential suitors [with] considerable interest" in free agent C.J. Spiller.

Analysis: We'd add the LeSean McCoy-less Eagles after they reportedly tried to trade for Spiller last March before acquiring Darren Sproles. The Cardinals weren't prepared when Andre Ellington got hurt last year, while the Jets have been dubbed the favorites for Spiller. San Francisco needs a return man and COP runner to Carlos Hyde if free agent Frank Gore skips town. Miami is in the market for an upgrade on free agent Daniel Thomas next to Lamar Miller. Spiller is going to have a hot market despite injury concerns coming off a down 2014. He's our No. 2 available back behind DeMarco Murray.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:01 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
A league source told Packer Report's Bill Huber the Raiders are considering offering free agent Randall Cobb "a blockbuster deal."

This could potentially impact our draft. If Oakland signs Cobb and doesnt take a WR at #4 then its possible Parker makes it to us at #14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:59 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:

I HAVE SAID MIAMI SHOULD DRAFT A BIG RECEIVER, PERIOD. I would look at Dorsett as a #3/4 type of receiver in the 2nd/3rd round. I DO have Jaelen Strong mocked to Miami in the 1st round if I am not mistaken.

We have seen MANY Miami player misused, and Rich can attest to that. I believe Phillip is very good after the catch, and with his speed, he just needs an inch to take it to the house.

For the record, San Diego WR Eddie Royal is a player I love. More versatile than Shorts and more explosive to me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:22 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
(Rotoworld) The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have "(internally discussed)" free agent Cecil Shorts. Analysis: Cleaning house at receiver, the Dolphins would be buying low on a player who appeared on the verge of exploding in 2012. Per reporter Barry Jackson, the Dolphins like what Shorts brings after the catch. According to Pro Football Focus, Shorts averaged 5.1 yards after the catch in 2014, a nice number. Recently released Brian Hartline and Brandon Gibson offered nothing after the catch.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:48 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

3/7: "Texans showing lots of interest in UFA DE DaQuan Bowers. Miami also has reached out." - Jayson Braddock, Roto Experts

3/7: The Texans, Colts, Dolphins and Raiders have made "preliminary inquiries" on Bills safety Da'Norris Searcy. - Josina Anderson

3/7: "Several league sources are talking about Ndamukong Suh to Dolphins as if it has already happened. DeMarco Murray returning to Cowboys, too." - Charles Robinson, Yahoo!

3/7: The Cardinals, Lions, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, 49ers and Redskins have interest in C.J. Spiller. - Rand Getlin, Yahoo!

3/6: The Dolphins are confident they'll sign Ndamukong Suh. - Armando Salguero, Miami Herald

3/6: The Dolphins have "internally discussed" signing Cecil Shorts. - Barry Jackson, Miami Herald

3/5: "The Miami Dolphins and Indianapolis Colts are expected to make the strongest pushes for impending free-agent defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh." - Rand Getlin, Yahoo!

3/4: "Teams think Ndamukong Suh to Miami is done." - Omar Kelly, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

3/4: The Dolphins are likely to let Jared Odrick walk in free agency. - James Walker, ESPN

3/3: "C.J. Spiller is eligible to become a UFA. I'm told potential suitors considering interest include the Cards, Jets, Dolphins and 49ers at this time." - Josina Anderson, ESPN

3/2: The Dolphins are one of three teams with a shot at Ndamukong Suh. - Adam Beasley, Miami Herald

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:17 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

ggippo wrote:
Let Odrick walk bring in Suh

Called it

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3