All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

a 4.35 and 4.36. There is no way in HELL this kid is getting to Miami at #14. Cooper ran an unofficial 4.41 and Parker ran a 4.45.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:03 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

phinsfansc wrote:
a 4.35 and 4.36. There is no way in HELL this kid is getting to Miami at #14. Cooper ran an unofficial 4.41 and Parker ran a 4.45.

Brings up huge questions for myself then. The biggest question was his speed so how can a man run that fast in shorts, but have questions about his football speed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Brings up huge questions for myself then. The biggest question was his speed so how can a man run that fast in shorts, but have questions about his football speed.

That a good question. When I have seen the kid play, he making plays and running away from people.

Makes you wonder what folks are looking at sometimes. Looking good in the drills as well.

By the way, Dorial Green-Beckham ran an unofficial 4.47 at 6'5, 237 lbs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:10 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

phinsfansc wrote:

In 3 yrs we will be talking about another stud WR Miami missed out on. That guy has dominate speed/size. If it were not for the off field issue he had, then IMO he would be head & shoulders above the other 3 guys.

I'd love for Miami to play this draft with a trade down & pick up another 3rd and then draft Green-Beckham in the high 20's.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

In 3 yrs we will be talking about another stud WR Miami missed out on. That guy has dominate speed/size. If it were not for the off field issue he had, then IMO he would be head & shoulders above the other 3 guys.

I'd love for Miami to play this draft with a trade down & pick up another 3rd and then draft Green-Beckham in the high 20's.

Ditto. Did not see him on the on field drills, but they will be playing it again and I will catch it then.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dorset looks awesome, but not the kind of target Miami needs. Conley out of Georgia was impressive....might be moving up the boards. Looked good in the gauntlet and I think he was just a whisker behind Dorsett in the 40. Funchess ran 4.7, but what a massive target.....showed good hands in the gauntlet. He would probably help Miami in the red zone and would be a mismatch nightmare for opposing defenses. There will be a big run on WR in the 2nd half of the first round, so if Miami screws this one up the pickens will be mighty slim after round one. I still want Parker if he is there at 14.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:33 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
There will be a big run on WR in the 2nd half of the first round, so if Miami screws this one up the pickens will be mighty slim after round one. I still want Parker if he is there at 14.

I see WR dropping for the most part with teams passing on them in Rd. 1. Expecting the run to be in Rd. 2. Teams sitting in the top half of Rd. 2 will be getting mid 1st Rd. WR talent because the depth is so great. There will be several 4th/5th Rd. WR who becomes studs in this draft.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:35 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Congrats Mr White, you're the next impressive specimen to disappear into the black hole haha I actually hope he & Carr find a lot of success. I like that QB.

Cooper will get scooped next & it seems very likely that Parker will join his old QB in Minnesota. Shame DGB is a personal mess since he's such a massive target.

I still think the best strategy is to move down, hopefully someone wants to select at the 14th spot. I believe Tannehill would really appreciate Jaelen Strong since he can jump & knows how to fight for the ball

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:39 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

The dude is insane. My boy's a freak.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:53 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

What about Chris Conley from Georgia? Whats the reasons more outlets aren't hyping him as a first rounder?

Hes 6'2", ran a 4.35, has a 45 inch vert, & an 11'7" broad jump

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:55 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Steve Zissou wrote:
What about Chris Conley from Georgia? Whats the reasons more outlets aren't hyping him as a first rounder?

Because he doesnt have the film to back up these numbers the way Kevin White does.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:05 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

swerve13 wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

Because he doesnt have the film to back up these numbers the way Kevin White does.

Oh of course man. I'm not comparing him to White. Just saying I hadn't heard anyone talk about Conley before. So either hes an extreme victim of a bad QB or hes not a good player when it comes to routes & work ethic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:09 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

He's just what i like to call a "combine guy". Great workout guy, not a great football player. Great example of the dangers of the combine, can't get excited over guys like him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

I'm not so sure Dphins, his game might not translate to the NFL, he's soft, and his character is a serious concern.

Quote:
WEAKNESSES Play strength is a major concern. Struggles to free himself from press coverage and can be taken completely out of his routes. Runs sloppy, rounded routes. Fails to set up his breaks and frequently leads cornerbacks to his destination. Slow to adjust routes and find open space against zone. Fails to create the separation that is potentially available for him at top of routes. Rarely looks to body up cornerbacks and keep them out of the throw. Suspect work ethic. Awareness of footwork near sideline an issue. Considered a problem child at Missouri. Suspended twice by Missouri and arrested twice for marijuana-related incidents. Kicked off team at Missouri in April 2014 after details of his alleged role in an alleged burglary were released by Columbia, Mo., police. He allegedly shoved a female student down some stairs during the alleged incident, but no charges were filed. Missed entire 2014 season.

Quote:
SOURCES TELL US "I think the consistent problems for Josh Gordon are going to leak over and hurt his draft stock. He couldn't keep himself out of trouble, had no structure growing up and didn't take coaching at Missouri. He's tall and fast and has good hands, but he can't be trusted. Why would you take a guy like that before the third day?" -- NFC director of personnel

Quote:
BOTTOM LINE Long-strider with vertical ability to change a game and the catch radius and body control to make the difficult look easy. However, Green-Beckham struggles against physical cornerbacks, and is raw as a route runner with poor instincts when it comes to getting open. It's easy to bet on the traits when a receiver has high football character and is a willing worker, but teams could pass on the traits early in the draft due to his perceived lack of work ethic and overall character.

The kid could open up a red flag shoppe, the bad just outweighs the good, as far as 1st round is concerned, imo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:16 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

swerve13 wrote:
He's just what i like to call a "combine guy". Great workout guy, not a great football player. Great example of the dangers of the combine, can't get excited over guys like him.

I know what you mean. Too bad. I think the 40 yard dash, & most of the Combine, is such an over rated event but I don't stop watching haha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:21 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finster wrote:
Quote:
SOURCES TELL US "I think the consistent problems for Josh Gordon are going to leak over and hurt his draft stock. He couldn't keep himself out of trouble, had no structure growing up and didn't take coaching at Missouri. He's tall and fast and has good hands, but he can't be trusted. Why would you take a guy like that before the third day?" -- NFC director of personnel

The beauty of the draft. This guy could really like him and wants to lead other teams away from him or he could be speaking truthfully. We never know, because we never know who is making these comments & if they do or do not draft the guy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:21 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Devin Funchess - WR - Player
Michigan WR Devin Funchess clocked forty times of 4.70 and 4.70 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
There have been whispers of Funchess playing tight end in the NFL, and these disappointing times won't diminish expectations of a position switch. At 6-foot-4, 232, Funchess simply doesn't have the speed to create openings against NFL defensive backs. He does have long arms (33 1/2") and big hands (9 3/4"). At this stage, however, we'd be surprised if Funchess was a first-round pick. His game tape leaves you wanting more.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:24 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Kevin White - WR - Player
West Virginia WR Kevin White ran forty-yard dash times of 4.35 and 4.36 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Battling Alabama's Amari Cooper to be the draft's top receiver, White helped his cause and then some with faster-than-anticipated times. Earlier in the week, White measured in at 6-foot-3, 215 with 32 5/8-inch arms. He performed 23 reps of 225 pounds and looks to be solidifying himself as a top-ten pick. In terms of sheer body type, NFL Network's Mike Mayock has likened White to Larry Fitzgerald. Daniel Jeremiah compares White to Julio Jones.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:30 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The number of teams looking for WR in the 2nd half of the 1st round is large. Cleveland has needs other than WR, so maybe they fail to take one of the big 3. If Miami fails to get their guy in the 1st, they will end up SOL and that would be quite normal with Ireland at GM....I have more confidence in Hickey. If White is there at 11, or 12, then trade a 3rd rounder and get him. Harder to do that for Parker, but if you believe he is your missing piece you go for it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Steve Zissou wrote:

Conley looks great at the combine. His numbers suggest that he didn't see a lot of targets. I don't typically follow college ball, but if Georgia is a run-heavy team, then he might be a diamond in the rough. Looked to have very good hands during combine drills.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:27 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

The last time Hickey was involved in taking a receiver in the first round was 2004 taking Michael Clayton 15th overall. Also in '97 the Bucs took Reidel Anthony 16th overall.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:34 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The number of teams looking for WR in the 2nd half of the 1st round is large. Cleveland has needs other than WR, so maybe they fail to take one of the big 3. If Miami fails to get their guy in the 1st, they will end up SOL and that would be quite normal with Ireland at GM....I have more confidence in Hickey. If White is there at 11, or 12, then trade a 3rd rounder and get him. Harder to do that for Parker, but if you believe he is your missing piece you go for it.

Wide receiver is such a premium position anymore. Every team is looking for them and could just take one simply because they are the best player available when they pick.
I see 6 going in round 1 and another 5 or 6 in round 2.

Kevin White is one of the best 3 players in this draft IMO. Amari Cooper is right there too. Would kill to have either.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:40 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

All these teams could use receiver help and will be looking to add one in the first 3 rounds
Tennesee
Jacksonville
Oakland
Jets
St Louis
Minny
Cleve
New Orleans
Miami
San Fran
Houston
San Diego
KC
Carolina
Baltimore
Seattle
New England

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:44 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:

Wide receiver is such a premium position anymore. Every team is looking for them and could just take one simply because they are the best player available when they pick.
I see 6 going in round 1 and another 5 or 6 in round 2.

Kevin White is one of the best 3 players in this draft IMO. Amari Cooper is right there too. Would kill to have either.

Again the beauty of the draft. No one knows what others are thinking.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:37 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

White did 23 reps @225 lbs, a 36.5 vertical and over 10 feet on the Broad Jump. By comparison, a kid that I like a lot, Dorial Green-Beckham did only 13 reps @225 lbs, had a 33.5 in the vertical and 9'11 in the Broad Jump.

My mock for the NFL comes out tomorrow and I have White going #4 to the Raiders.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:45 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

phinsfansc wrote:
White did 23 reps @225 lbs, a 36.5 vertical and over 10 feet on the Broad Jump. By comparison, a kid that I like a lot, Dorial Green-Beckham did only 13 reps @225 lbs, had a 33.5 in the vertical and 9'11 in the Broad Jump.

My mock for the NFL comes out tomorrow and I have White going #4 to the Raiders.

It's why I kept comparing him to guys like T.O., Fitz, Dez, Julio.....Been keeping tabs on him all season. He's phenominal.
I also think Amari will have a hall of fame type career.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

It's why I kept comparing him to guys like T.O., Fitz, Dez, Julio.....Been keeping tabs on him all season. He's phenominal.

I like the Julio Jones comparison. I just took a look at Armani numbers, and they are less than I thought they would be as well. Did not even bench and had a 33.0 vertical and 10 ft Broad Jump.

That said, this is only a part of the evaluation of these kids.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:

It is great comments like this that I completely agree with and I have no idea what it would cost for the Dolphins to move down, but if you did move down you would get a game changing super star like this guy.

Of course, only the Dolphins would move down a few years back and grab Jordan at #3 only for him to play part-time and nothing really to show.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:56 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Thats a very rare thing to see a receiver look like the best receiver on the field and then basically be the best overall receiver in combine workouts. Thats a Superstar.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Swerve, I would trade the #14 pick and next year's number 1 to get that guy. Sounds steep I know, but if you felt you were getting a game changer like a Dez Bryant, it would be worth it. Inevitably, Miami wants to have a better year and then pick later in the draft anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:34 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finhead34 wrote:
Swerve, I would trade the #14 pick and next year's number 1 to get that guy. Sounds steep I know, but if you felt you were getting a game changer like a Dez Bryant, it would be worth it. Inevitably, Miami wants to have a better year and then pick later in the draft anyway.

While WR is important, very few are worth two No.1. Frankly I cannot recall when a team traded two No. 1 for a WR and it worked out for them. Atlanta did that for Jones. Working out for the offense, but not the team. Dallas did it with Galloway and that was a complete bust. White would be nice, but not worth two No. 1 even in a Miami team draft who traditionally bomb at drafting.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The tough part is having the crystal ball, which I know is impossible. Miami moves down to #3 and gets a player that sits on the bench. Who knows they trade 2 #1's and White puts on Aqua and Orange and does squat. Painful reminder was drafting the budding star Yatil Green, that was pure Dolphins luck too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:57 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Finhead34 wrote:

Don't threaten me with a good time Finhead. LOL. Everyone here knows by now my love for White.
I would make that trade too. Even though trading 1st round picks is risky business.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Is the OL no longer a huge question mark? Our best linemen, Albert, is far from a guarantee come game day. Trading two 1st round picks for a wide out would be a huge mistake IMO, when is the #@&% OL ever going to be fixed? Get your skill guys afterwards. Protect the QB.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:07 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Dphins4me wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

or.......in 3 years DGB is out of the league after multiple failed drug tests. (Josh Gordon)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:20 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:

or.......in 3 years DGB is out of the league after multiple failed drug tests. (Josh Gordon)

How many failed drug test has had?

Would be more concerned with this.

Quote:
Darnell Green-Beckham is currently receiving treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukemia but is in remission.

I was unaware of this little nugget.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:25 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

He has a known marijuana problem. Those guys are never "good news" guys.

He reminds of Chris Henry. Big time talent. Big time problems.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:26 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham "might be the most physically gifted wide receiver in this class," ESPN's Todd McShay believes.
"Even though he's raw and has had off-field issues, he still could be a late-first-round pick," McShay wrote. "What he's going to have to answer for are two marijuana-related charges while at Missouri, and an incident that caused him to be investigated for burglary and assault last offseason and subsequently kicked off the team." Zierlein recently interviewed an NFC director of personnel who didn't believe Green-Beckham should be taken prior to the fourth-round. "I think the consistent problems for Josh Gordon are going to leak over and hurt (Green-Beckham's) draft stock," the executive said. "He's tall and fast and has good hands, but he can't be trusted. Why would you take a guy like that before the third day?" The 6-foot-6, 225-pounder "has the ability to be a similar pro prospect as A.J. Green and earn top-10 grades" based purely on skill, wrote CBS Sports' Dane Brugler. Feb 18 - 9:13 PM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:33 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
He has a known marijuana problem.
Based on what? His numerous failed drug test?

swerve13 wrote:
Those guys are never "good news" guys.
College kids smoking pot. Never heard that one prior.

swerve13 wrote:

He reminds of Chris Henry. Big time talent. Big time problems.
Henry had far more issues.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:40 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Based on the report I just provided about marijuana related charges at Missouri. LOL. C.mon man!

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next