Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Based on the report I just provided about marijuana related charges at Missouri. LOL. C.mon man!

Chris Henry had started to turn his life around before he got killed. He has made his mistakes Mark, no question about it.

I would take a chance on him if the Dolphins could trade down and get additional picks. Starting to look at Jalen Strong again. He supposedly ran in the 4.4, and that could be a game changer for him.

Very productive while at Arizona State, he also has great size at 6'3, 215 lbs.

AFC, Miami certainly still need to address those OL needs, specifically OG.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:19 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Based on the report I just provided about marijuana related charges at Missouri. LOL. C.mon man!

Chris Henry had started to turn his life around before he got killed. He has made his mistakes Mark, no question about it.

I would take a chance on him if the Dolphins could trade down and get additional picks. Starting to look at Jalen Strong again. He supposedly ran in the 4.4, and that could be a game changer for him.

Very productive while at Arizona State, he also has great size at 6'3, 215 lbs.

AFC, Miami certainly still need to address those OL needs, specifically OG.

I was going to ask you earlier, will Jaelen be our pick in your Mock draft tomorrow? I'm certainly considering him now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:29 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I have no problem with Strong rising up 20 spots on the draft board. That kind of stuff is normal throughout the process. Heck JuWuan James rose up 2 or 3 rounds and that worked out pretty well for us. It's a process. Boards are fluid.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:42 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
I have no problem with Strong rising up 20 spots on the draft board. That kind of stuff is normal throughout the process. Heck JuWuan James rose up 2 or 3 rounds and that worked out pretty well for us. It's a process. Boards are fluid.

He is my pick for Miami at #14. Super productive at Arizona State, great size, hands catcher, good after the catch. Questions about him seperating, but the kid obviously has ability with the ball as he was used on bubble screens, crossing routes and hitches.

Former basketball player with 42" vertical from the combine. He is a Red Zone threat and just what the doctor ordered for Miami.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:53 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:

So no failed drug test. Gotcha. I'm not saying the questions are not there. I'm saying if you are going to gamble then gamble on greatness.

Miami was scared of Dez Bryant so they passed. Horrible decision. Sometimes you just have to have the balls all in and roll that dice on a great talent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:01 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

So no failed drug test. Gotcha. I'm not saying the questions are not there. I'm saying if you are going to gamble then gamble on greatness.

Miami was scared of Dez Bryant so they passed. Horrible decision. Sometimes you just have to have the balls all in and roll that dice on a great talent.

He was kicked off the freakin football team. I'm sure he failed a test or got caught redhanded.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:06 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

He is my pick for Miami at #14. Super productive at Arizona State, great size, hands catcher, good after the catch. Questions about him seperating, but the kid obviously has ability with the ball as he was used on bubble screens, crossing routes and hitches.

Former basketball player with 42" vertical from the combine. He is a Red Zone threat and just what the doctor ordered for Miami.

He also doesn't need a ton of separation because he's just way bigger and stronger than every corner he will face. He can just post up most times. He's all shoulders like Dwight Howard.
He'll be a force in the red zone too.
I was worried that he might only run a high 4.6 or even a 4.7.....If that were the case we'd be talking about the same problems Roberto Wallace had with separation issues.
Vince Mayle's times sunk him today. Need some speed to make it in the big league.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

4.51 & 4.44 alleviated those fears. He is that BIG, physical wide receiver and Red Zone theat the Dolphins need, very productive during his career at Arizona State.

And let be REAL here. Joe Philbin is still the coach and Tannenbaum and Hickey will want to try to work with Phibin on what he would like to get.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:24 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:

He was kicked off the freakin football team. I'm sure he failed a test or got caught redhanded.

You are sure? Odd considering. I will digress.

He was kicked off the team for the domestic issue.

BTW so was Damian Williams. Yet he seems to have learned from his mistake.

Gamble on greatness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:45 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

You are sure? Odd considering. I will digress.

He was kicked off the team for the domestic issue.

BTW so was Damian Williams. Yet he seems to have learned from his mistake.

Gamble on greatness.

Not in round 1 sir. Damian Williams did not even cost us a draft pick. You're suggesting using a 1st rounder on DGB. If he slides to round 4, count me in. LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:01 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
Not in round 1 sir. Damian Williams did not even cost us a draft pick. You're suggesting using a 1st rounder on DGB. If he slides to round 4, count me in. LOL.

I'm suggesting trading down & then using. Not the 14th pick. He is worth the gamble using a late 1st Rder.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:47 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

I'm suggesting trading down & then using. Not the 14th pick. He is worth the gamble using a late 1st Rder.

Says you, I think many fans would disagree on risking our top pick in this crucial draft.
Jaelen Strong is much safer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:35 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
Says you, I think many fans would disagree on risking our top pick in this crucial draft.
Jaelen Strong is much safer.

IMO, all drafts are crucial. This yr is no more important than last yr or two yrs ago when Miami went athlete over football player & blew a 2nd Rd. pick for a player who has yet to contribute much of anything on the field.

I'm 100% sure Strong is the safer pick. I want someone in Miami that has the balls to go for the more talented player. Miami needs two WR & it would not hurt my feelings one bit if they went WR with both 1st & 2nd Rd.

Strong is safer, but the question is. Who is better and who has the ability to be special? Does Strong? Maybe. I just do not want to draft a lesser player simply because he is safer. The draft is a complete gamble, so why not gamble on a kid with special ability?

If the GM likes Strong more because he likes his skill better, then I'm good. I'm just not a lets draft him because he is safe type person. I'm not getting to interview these guys either, so I'm only speaking on his ability that I see on the field.

Miami has a history of being to afraid to gamble on greatness and taking the safer pick. That is not working out to well for them. Its why they drafted Long over Ryan. Its their tradition of lacking fortitude.

I'm not suggesting Miami draft Lawrence Phillips.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:30 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't know much about Strong except of course all of the posted info of folks really liking him.

In a Lazor type offensive the big bodied receiver is really nice, but most importantly, how is Strong's first steps to break away from defenders and his YAC ability? That to me seems to be a vital attribute in this offensive scheme.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:50 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Strong would do so many things for Tannehill, move the chains, provide YAC and an easy target to find in the red zone. He'd become our touchdown leader immediately.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:05 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Some of you will be happy to know. Miami is not one of them. However, if he lands in Indy with Hilton & the unknown Duron Carter. They might be hard to stop offensively over the next few yrs.

5 Best Fits for Green Beckham

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2