All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

are 2 guys that don't get mentioned enough in this draft class. I think both will have very good NFL careers.

Quote:
Baylor senior WR Antwan Goodley has the "burst to post that cornerbacks need help with over the top," wrote NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein.
"Big-time vertical speed and explosiveness," Zierlein wrote. "Can open up his hips and stride past corners on vertical routes." The 5-foot-10, 220-pound prospect runs a 4.39 second forty and knows how to use his bulk to separate from defenders. Last month, an NFC South scout noted that Goodley's "body type screams Anquan Boldin." Feb 13 - 12:04 PM
Source: NFL.com

Quote:
NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock said Florida State WR Rashad Greene "gets overlooked a little bit too much."
"His production got better every single year. He's one of the best route runners in this year's class," Mayock said. "He's quick. He understands the game. He has good hands. What he needs to show this week is some speed. Everybody knows his quickness. I think most of the teams want to know what he runs that 40 in." Greene dropped only one of every 74 balls thrown his way this past season, a ridiculous percentage. We expect Greene to be selected on Day 2. NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah compares him to Broncos' WR Emmanuel Sanders, while Lance Zierlein comps him to Marvin Jones. Feb 18 - 4:47 PM
Source: NFL.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:59 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I like both of those kids a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

phinsfansc wrote:
I like both of those kids a lot.

Throw in guys like Justin Hardy and Donatella Luckett, this draft will provide receiver talent well into round 5.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phillip Dorsett is a kid I like a lot also. I think Rich will tell you along with AFC that Al Golden and Miami has not done the best job of utilizing talent and developing talent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:19 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I think Devin Smith is the next Desean Jackson.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:29 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I did not watch the combine today. Anyone notice how well Sammie Coates caught the football? Just curious.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:33 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Finhead34 wrote:
I did not watch the combine today. Anyone notice how well Sammie Coates caught the football? Just curious.

Can't remember if he dropped any but it doesnt look effortless for him the way it does for the better receivers. His hand-eye coordination looks below average to me.
But he is fast and strong.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:

He did have some drops and he does not catch the ball naturally, he seems to fight it. As Mark said, he did run very well and is a very physical wide receiver.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:42 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Coates looks like another Heyward-Bey to me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:16 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Tre McBride had a fantastic combine, after he was the best player all week at the east/west shrine. Very impressive smaller school receiver.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:22 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Ouch!

Quote:
Florida State TE Nick O'Leary's 4.93 clocking in the forty was "disappointing," NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock said.
Mayock expected the 2014 Mackey Award (the nation's top college tight end) winner to run in the 4.7/4.75 range. "That's significantly slower than I expected," Mayock said of O'Leary's showing. O'Leary measures only 6-foot-3, 252 pounds, and he isn't much of a blocker, so his forty time is problematic to his stock. Fortunately, Mayock calls O'Leary a "natural hands catcher" and a good route runner. The question remains: Can he create separation from NFL defenders?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I knew Nick was not a burner, but that time did catch me by surprise.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:56 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

phinsfansc wrote:
I knew Nick was not a burner, but that time did catch me by surprise.

He could go undrafted.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:10 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The 40 times hurts, but he catches the ball to well and has been to productive. We will see though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:13 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dorial Green-Beckham, IF he slid to the 2nd or even 3rd round because of teams being nervous of his past off the field issues, if you are the Miami Dolphins, do you pull the trigger? Assuming they go offensive line or defense with the first pick?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:36 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finhead34 wrote:
Dorial Green-Beckham, IF he slid to the 2nd or even 3rd round because of teams being nervous of his past off the field issues, if you are the Miami Dolphins, do you pull the trigger? Assuming they go offensive line or defense with the first pick?

At that point. Hell yes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:14 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:

I just mocked Jaelen Strong to Miami at #14 in the 1st round. If Green-Beckham is still on the board in the 3rd round, and let be real, he could be, I would be very tempted to take him.

SO much is going to depend on what Miami does in free agency. Do the address the OG and DT position in free agency? CB? I don't see Miami spending big money on another WR with Wallace still on the roster.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:27 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

phinsfansc wrote:
I just mocked Jaelen Strong to Miami at #14 in the 1st round. If Green-Beckham is still on the board in the 3rd round, and let be real, he could be, I would be very tempted to take him.

SO much is going to depend on what Miami does in free agency. Do the address the OG and DT position in free agency? CB? I don't see Miami spending big money on another WR with Wallace still on the roster.

If Miami goes Strong, then I hope a trade down happens. I see #14 as to high for him. If DGB is there in Rd. 2 then I would jump on that. I do not see DGB getting out of Rd. 2 especially with NE sitting at the last pick. They could land Gurley at the back end of Rd. 1 and DGB at the back end of Rd. 2.

To walk out of this draft with two big WR would be awesome for the offense. Imagine DBG running in the No. 1 spot in 2016, Strong being the No. 2, with Landry manning the slot. Offense would be tough to stop.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:08 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

If Miami goes Strong, then I hope a trade down happens. I see #14 as to high for him. If DGB is there in Rd. 2 then I would jump on that. I do not see DGB getting out of Rd. 2 especially with NE sitting at the last pick. They could land Gurley at the back end of Rd. 1 and DGB at the back end of Rd. 2.

To walk out of this draft with two big WR would be awesome for the offense. Imagine DBG running in the No. 1 spot in 2016, Strong being the No. 2, with Landry manning the slot. Offense would be tough to stop.

I would LOVE that group of wide receivers. Depends on how far Miami would drop. Kansas City is certainly going to be in the market for a receiver, and I have seen Jaelen mocked to the Cheifs.

I know folks would think that would be high for Jaelen, but Miami took Ju'Wuan higher than anyone had him projected. I think with his very strong combine, Strong stock is going to rise. We will see though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:19 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

phinsfansc wrote:

I know folks would think that would be high for Jaelen, but Miami took Ju'Wuan higher than anyone had him projected. I think with his very strong combine, Strong stock is going to rise. We will see though.

I believe that had more to do with what was left on the board at that time for that position. James might have been the last Tackles they really liked. 16 picks went by before another tackle was taken.

I sure hope Billy Turner pans out. The trade up to get him cost Miami their 4th and Martavis Bryant was drafted twp picks after that pick. It would be nice going into 2015 already having a young Wr.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:11 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Fox Sports' Bruce Feldman spoke to one NFL scout who questioned why Miami did not win at least nine games in 2014.
The scout called attention to multiple NFL prsopects, including RB Duke Johnson, WR Phillip Dorsett, LB Denzel Perryman and DE Anthony Chickillo, along with freshman QB Brad Kaaya. "They had more front-line talent than half the teams in the SEC," the evaluator said. Multiple players told Feldman they do not blame head coach Al Golden for the losses, but the question lingers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:47 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I think this is a really great draft to need WR, DL, and pass rusher help. Not so much with OL and DB. I hope our FA and draft strategies reflect this. I do really like Strong though. I've also always been a Best-Player-Available guy. This year we'll have draft karma, because of the Cowboys picking Zack Martin last year. Gotta Believe!

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]