Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:01 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Rock Sexton wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
So a kid got himself in condition to impress at the combine. Which if you already liked the guy, then wonderful. I'm not against him, just not for him at 14.

He was already in wonderful condition. He took it step further with the help of one of the best training programs in the country over here in AZ at EXOS. But somehow improving your "supposed" weakness is a bad thing.

Quote:
Not a combine person. There are few ( if any ) things they do at the combines that relates to actual football. They are in a sprinters stance & in shorts. Football is not played like that.

Vernon Ghoston looked great at the combine. Freaking workout stud. They forgot one thing. None of that translated to rushing the passer. How many sacks before he was kicked out of the NFL?

Vernon Gholston? Srsly?

Good for you man, except this kid has far more to his resume than combine numbers. Go watch the games already and make an actual informed opinion about what his worth is.

Dphins isn't real big on researching what he is opining about. Pesky facts get in the way of good old fashioned argueing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:04 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Dphins isn't real big on researching what he is opining about. Pesky facts get in the way of good old fashioned argueing

It will be 7 pages long when this guy gets going. I'm starting to see that this is his life, argueing on a MB. Sat night, tonight....lurking, line by line responses, negative. You guys can take it from here!! lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:06 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Makchell wrote:
Glad you are not the GM. Giving up on the No. 3 pick from 2 yrs ago and a 2nd plus another pick for a late 1st. Ouch.

DJ is bust, so jammer might actually be a better GM. Some of your guys that you like (undrafted scrubs, acorns, or thugs) would bury this team further than it is.

:haha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:11 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Yet you bash Swerve who does scout and researches these players. I looked over the boards today and noticed a lot of posts Sat night, maybe this is your life and you don't know it?

I do not live in Florida. I'm guess living there you paid zero attention to the weather north of your state this past week. Any idea what happened? Did you not hear about a major snow storm that hit Monday night and another one on Saturday? We had Appox 18" on the ground. So, no I was not out & about at 10PM on Sat. night.

Makchell wrote:
Yeah, good job putting words in mouth. I never said that.

McCain was a undrafted scrub? So why would he not suck?

Makchell wrote:
Some of your guys that you like (undrafted scrubs, acorns, or thugs) would bury this team further than it is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:11 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Makchell wrote:
I was originally half joking with the suggestion but the more I think about it the more it makes sense for Miami's needs.

Just like Jeffries going higher knowing what we know about him, I'd bet DJ would go undrafted having a drug problem and just plain sucking. I'd take a 7th for him and a 7th for Hartline.

Good point.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:14 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
Dphins isn't real big on researching what he is opining about. Pesky facts get in the way of good old fashioned argueing.

Dude not sure what you call research, but I'm not making up a list of my favorite college players and ranking them. Its great that you do and enjoy it. Not knocking it. If that is what you enjoy then knock yourself out.

Just because people do not spend the amount of time you might does not mean they cannot form a valid opinion based on what they have watch through out the college yr.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:17 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
It will be 7 pages long when this guy gets going. I'm starting to see that this is his life, argueing on a MB. Sat night, tonight....lurking, line by line responses, negative. You guys can take it from here!! l

I had something like 6 or 7 post Sat. night during a major snow storm. Shoot me now.

Post total

Makchell - 7401

Dphins4me - 5083

I've got a ton of posting to even come close to catching your total.

Plus 9 straight threads where you were the last post until this one.

I'd stop with the no life BS. Considering the total you have and the difference in age between us. :fart:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:46 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

LOL! You are proving the point of you not having a life by looking up post totals. Maybe I've been here longer since '99 so yeah, I have more posts. Hey, you bought up having a life yet you lurk a lot. Get some sleep pops, you need it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:48 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Dude not sure what you call research, but I'm not making up a list of my favorite college players and ranking them. Its great that you do and enjoy it. Not knocking it. If that is what you enjoy then knock yourself out.

Just because people do not spend the amount of time you might does not mean they cannot form a valid opinion based on what they have watch through out the college yr.

They aren't lists of my favorite college players. Stop trivializing what I do. I definitely read more about these players than you do. My board is a consensus of prospects compiled using different opinions, rumors and rankings from a variety of sources/outlets and combining those ratings and opinions into the most realistic order I can.
I dont pretend to watch hours of tape, but I read alot of reports daily. I welcome all well informed debate.

Last edited by swerve13 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Makchell wrote:
LOL! You are proving the point of you not having a life by looking up post totals. Maybe I've been here longer since '99 so yeah, I have more posts. Hey, you bought up having a life yet you lurk a lot. Get some sleep pops, you need it.

Ha! I always think of those snickers commercials when argueing with Dphins.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:10 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

Were you not the one looking up my post on Sat. night Mr. I have 2400 more post than you? Pot/Kettle.

Until your little personal BS ( Can not believe you are actually a mod ). I have kept this thread on topic & you the mod started taking post shots at me for no reason other than I disagree with you. I have told you this before. I want to reinforce my opinion. You blow as a mod. You bait & you instigate.

You did join 2 hrs before I did on Jan. 12, 2010, so you might have post 2400 post in that time frame. I doubt it, Mr. No Life.. I looked it up because your got me curious about Sat. night. I did not recall posting very much Sat. night. Maybe you might want to double check me on my totals. Its important you know, since you felt the need to check it.

Dang, don't you just hate it when you try to be a smart arse and you did not realize it would come back on you Mr. I have 2400 more post than you?

Now, I am older & with that I have learn that sticking around for my family is far more important than taking generic fishing trips. I would rather stay at home on Sat. night & sacrifice my wants & be with my family & doing something together, than being out on a boat being selfish and self serving. But that is just me.

I was a immature kid once and only thought of myself and my needs, so one day you will mature as I did and understand what you missed out on with your kids, unfortunately it will be to late for you, but you caught a fish. However, for me my wife had my kids later in life so I have not missed out on their life for my selfish wants. I did my selfishness while I was single. I thought of my family before I had a family.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:16 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
They aren't lists of my favorite college players. It's a consensus of prospects compiled using different opinions from various sources and combining those ratings and opinions into the best possible order I can.
I dont pretend to watch hours of tape, but I read alot of reports daily. I welcome all well informed debate.

My point is. You have knock me for not doing "my research". If I agreed with your opinion then you would not be saying that.

I do not dislike Strong. I just do not like him at 14. Why does that cause so much of an issue blows me away? Combine 40 numbers do not impress me at all. It does others. IMO, its not apple to apples. Its apples to oranges.

However, because of that one statement I get the mod :haha taking pot shots at me.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:20 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
Ha! I always think of those snickers commercials when argueing with Dphins.
I'm not hungry. I'm just honest about my opinion.

A personal attack ( Led in by a Mod :haha post ) simply because I do not agree with an opinion and yes, it is an opinion on a player. I might be 100% wrong or you might be 100% wrong. Neither of us know how Strong will turn out as a NFL player.

You like him at 14 and I do not. Why is it so hard for you, Mak ( The Mod :haha ) to not be able to accept that simple disagreement on his value?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:15 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

This thread has gone off the rails, gotten way too personal for me. LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:47 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
This thread has gone off the rails, gotten way too personal for me. LOL.

Totally unhinged. Yeesh.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:17 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Cause you guys are going back and forth with Scot.... :haha You guys have to remember, this is his whole life, proving people wrong on a MB! Scot, stop taking it so seriously and stop crying.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:22 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Your posts about fishing, family, and when I joined are so comical Scot. You resort to that kind of stuff cause you get so angry on these boards for whatever reason, get a life!!! :haha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:40 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

My final comment here - Jaelen Strong would be a huge asset to this offense. I don't care when he is drafted, just get him on the team.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:29 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

You guys got me good, saw 2 pages on a potential draft pick and thought we found the missing link...
:hithead:

What exactly is it you folks with a "life" do that keeps you away from the internet?
Maybe its not the life you are missing, maybe its money and technology... I have a phone and 2 tablets with 4G or wifi access everywhere..

Sitting at the beach sipping a margarita, monitoring my stocks, watching a movie all while arguing on phinfever over some past decision or some college kid we will not even draft
:yay:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:51 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

What exactly is it you folks with a "life" do that keeps you away from the internet?
Maybe its not the life you are missing, maybe its money and technology... I have a phone and 2 tablets with 4G or wifi access everywhere..

Sitting at the beach sipping a margarita, monitoring my stocks, watching a movie all while arguing on phinfever over some past decision or some college kid we will not even draft

lol! Someone basically said they don't post or research cause they have a life . Phinfever is part of my life, I don't mind. BTW, what beach are you sitting on?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:31 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

lol! Someone basically said they don't post or research cause they have a life . Phinfever is part of my life, I don't mind. BTW, what beach are you sitting on?

Oh I wish... Just hypothetical.. I am sitting at work, being paid to do this... Now thats the life...

But we do Lake Worth beach, close to home and usually not very crowded. But beach time for me is late spring - fall, when the crowds are all up north..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:15 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

10acjed wrote:
You guys got me good, saw 2 pages on a potential draft pick and thought we found the missing link...
:hithead:

Hahaha!!! Thats pretty funny stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:21 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Cause you guys are going back and forth with Scot.... :haha You guys have to remember, this is his whole life, proving people wrong on a MB! Scot, stop taking it so seriously and stop crying.

Makchell wrote:
Your posts about fishing, family, and when I joined are so comical Scot. You resort to that kind of stuff cause you get so angry on these boards for whatever reason, get a life!!!
If this is your best you have, then

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:24 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Someone basically said they don't post or research cause they have a life .

Factually incorrect. Not surprised.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:47 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
An NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong "plays like his last name."
"Average to above-average speed," the scout said. "He'll probably play early. His ceiling isn't high, but he's going to be a good, solid, starting wide receiver with good hands. Physical frame. Really good field awareness. Very good in the red zone. Just not a stretch-the-field vertical receiver. More of a short to intermediate type." The 6-foot-2, 217-pound Strong caught 157 passes for 2,287 yards (14.6) and 17 scores in two seasons for the Sun Devils.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:58 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rumblings are that Miami is very high on Jaelen Strong and would consider him at 14 depending on how free agency shakes out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:36 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

jammer wrote:
Rumblings are that Miami is very high on Jaelen Strong and would consider him at 14 depending on how free agency shakes out.

How could he not be one of the 4 or 5 players they are considering at #14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:55 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
How could he not be one of the 4 or 5 players they are considering at #14

Quote:
"He'll probably play early. His ceiling isn't high, but he's going to be a good, solid, starting wide receiver with good hands.

Why I do not think he is worth the 14th pick.

Demaryius Thomas was the 22nd pick coming out of college and he was the 1st WR off the board and its not like the 2010 was filled with star players. Thomas had star potential and he still last until the 22nd pick.

jammer wrote:
NFL draft talk means. Dolphins have no interest in him there, but are not saying so, because they do not want to make some other team think they are looking at another.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:55 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong may have moved into the late Round 1 discussion based on his combine performance, NFL Network's Curtis Conway said.
"You talk about a big-bodied guy who understands attacking the football at its highest point -- at Arizona State he did a lot of back-shoulder catching, and I love that because you can never guard him," Conway said. "His stock is rising after the combine." Strong (6-foot-2, 217 pounds) measured in an inch shorter than his listed collegiate height at the combine, though he logged 4.51 and 4.44 forty times, and added a spectacular 42-inch vertical and 10-foot-3 broad jump. "He's a force down the field and on contested balls, and the 4.44 speed is really good for a physical matchup threat who will play near 220 pounds," ESPN's Mel Kiper recently wrote.

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2