All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Thats suppose to be 5 times as bad as the Ray Rice one. Why do you think most of us keep preaching against drafting guys like Dorial Green-Beckham.
This is why Dallas has been hesitent to resign him. And he even has hired babysitters. Lol.
I think its time for someone here to stop using Dez Bryant as the example/argument for drafting DGB.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/0 ... -released/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:17 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
A storm is brewing circulating around Dallas Cowboys star receiver Dez Bryant that could have his NFL career in jeopardy.

Reports are there is an incriminating video of Dez Bryant, which could be released as soon as Wednesday. Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio talked about the video last week on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas.

“It’s one of the, I guess I would say best kept secrets in the media, because no one has reported it yet,” Florio said. “But there is a story that all of the major insiders know about, that we’ve known about for months. It involves a videotape and I don’t know that it exists. I know people have been trying desperately to get it. I know the Cowboys are aware it and because of that and possibly other reasons, the Cowboys have been very reluctant to commit major money to him.”

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:23 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

But but but you can't field a team of choir boys! lol! These guys never change...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Per Terez Owens:

According to our source, the Cowboys haven’t done a huge deal with Dez because of concern over the video. Unfortunately Bryant’s team won’t be able to stop the tape from getting out to the public.
Of course Cowboys COO Stephen Jones denies knowledge of such a video. This is going to be a game changer for the Cowboys future.

From Larry Brown Sports:

While we have no idea if the footage actually exists or is a complete fabrication, we do know that a report from several months ago indicated that the Cowboys are concerned about Bryant’s off-field behavior.
The team also had special rules they required him to follow off the field as of last year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:45 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
Thats suppose to be 5 times as bad as the Ray Rice one.

5 times? Lets see what this story is all about.

swerve13 wrote:
Why do you think most of us keep preaching against drafting guys like Dorial Green-Beckham.
This is why Dallas has been hesitent to resign him. And he even has hired babysitters. Lol.

Dallas got 5 yrs out of him. If he is not on the team this yr it will be no different than Odrick not being on the field for Miami. Anymore I will take 5 really good yrs out of a player before they move on for whatever the reason.

swerve13 wrote:
I think its time for someone here to stop using Dez Bryant as the example/argument for drafting DGB.
/

I will take a chance on talent and let face it. No one knows what people are truly doing until they get caught doing it.

Marino was out cheating on his wife & fathering kids out of wedlock. While presenting himself as an outstanding family man. Not the same I know, but the point is. You truly never know people.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:46 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

They should hurry up and trade him, get what you can before the other shoe drops.. Just like we did with Marshall

:yay:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:52 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

All the facts about this is scattered and I have heard the so called tape was back from 2011.

You never know these days that's for sure and there was a reason Jerry Jones felt to hire a personal security rep to personally watch over Dez, but until the facts come out it is a little ridiculous to stir the media pot without evidence.

It will be interesting to see what flared this one up and what the deal is.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:39 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Dez Bryant - WR - Cowboys
According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys have been reluctant to sign free agent Dez Bryant to a long-term deal because of ongoing concerns about his off-field behavior.
The police have been called to his home in DeSoto, Texas six times since 2011, though Bryant wasn't charged in any of the incidents. Reports of a 2011 incident in a Wal-Mart parking lot have also surfaced. Dallas previously offered Bryant a ten-year, $114 million extension, but that offer only included $20 million in guaranteed money.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:50 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Add Dez Bryant to the list of Dolphin how about's.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:51 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

The video has been found and will be released soon. Reports are Bryant is caught on video stomping on a roach. This violent act will certainly earn him the wrath of the NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:18 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Peter King just said on CBS Sports Radio, he anticipates Byant will be free agent. Saying he doubts the Cowboys will franchise him, instead opting to franchise DeMarco Murray.........nor will they give him the $$ he'll demand.

King further said it has long been whispered there is a tape of Dez Bryant committing some malicious acts, but he hasn't seen it, nor could he verify its existent.

I wonder if Jerry has the tape.............watch, Bryant will be released and sign with another team......magically the video will be all over the news/internet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:43 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Josh Gordon and Dez Bryant :haha ...But we can get them cheap!

Good thing it didn't come out after a certain poster gave him a hundred millilon dollar contract. :fart:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:18 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

A bit off topic, but it has some relation to Josh Gordon, who Kev just mentioned.........though Gordon's new suspension is for alcohol use, from a DUI conviction.

Anyway, I would think the NFLPA is close to challenging the legality of restricting Medical Marijuana use, thus restricting the validity of drug testing for Marijauna.

Medical Marijuana is now legal in 24 states. Fifteen teams home is in those states or district. What right does the NFL have to ban and punish players for using a non performance enhancing drug/treatment?

Last edited by shularino on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:31 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finhead34 wrote:
All the facts about this is scattered and I have heard the so called tape was back from 2011.
You never know these days that's for sure and there was a reason Jerry Jones felt to hire a personal security rep to personally watch over Dez, but until the facts come out it is a little ridiculous to stir the media pot without evidence.

No one sits on a heinous video 5 times worse than Ray Rice for 4 yrs without a reason. From the soundbites coming out of this, its whole lot of nothing. All I've seen so far is his car was involved & some guy who was not named Dez Bryant.

Unlike some here, where people are guilty once accused. I will wait for the facts, but again I will take 5 really good yrs from a draft pick.

Finhead34 wrote:

Would not be surprised that the Cowboys are not behind this in order to try & get Bryant at a lower cost. Timing is coincidental to him becoming a FA. Odd for my taste.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:10 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If he becomes a FA and this tape never comes out.. Dallas will look very dumb. Perhaps this is a ploy by another team to get him into the market. Hmmmmm.

Drooling over the thought of Bryant catching balls from Tannehill though. That's the kind of target 17 needs IMO. Not a Wallace.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:15 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

hypocritex wrote:
Drooling over the thought of Bryant catching balls from Tannehill though.

That is considered blasphemy here. You must be burnt at the stake for such comments.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:17 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
Drooling over the thought of Bryant catching balls from Tannehill though.

That is considered blasphemy here. You must be burnt at the stake for such comments.

:ann0y:

I've been around long enough to know a lil something something. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:15 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

lol kev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:11 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

What would be really cool is Hernandez gets out of his legal trouble because he didn't really kill anyone that actually mattered.

Then we could get him cheap too....

Gordon Ray Rice Hernandez and Dez...what an offer an we could have!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:15 am 

Kev1321 wrote:
What would be really cool is Hernandez gets out of his legal trouble because he didn't really kill anyone that actually mattered.

Then we could get him cheap too....

Gordon Ray Rice Hernandez and Dez...what an offer an we could have!

Yes ... and you know Philbin is the one coach who can make this work while turning their lives around.
Why doesn't everyone love this coach?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:09 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

shularino wrote:
A bit off topic, but it has some relation to Josh Gordon, who Kev just mentioned.........though Gordon's new suspension is for alcohol use, from a DUI conviction.

Anyway, I would think the NFLPA is close to challenging the legality of restricting Medical Marijuana use, thus restricting the validity of drug testing for Marijauna.

Medical Marijuana is now legal in 24 states. Fifteen teams home is in those states or district. What right does the NFL have to ban and punish players for using a non performance enhancing drug/treatment?

There are plenty of enhancements listed in the NFL banned PED list that you can go buy at GNC. The legality of them do not matter.

These guys surely are given legal pain medication that are highly addictive and deadly, so a safer less addictive alternate should be a no brainier..

This country is in the dark ages with that topic, booze and cigs kill people daily and we can go buy them at every local store... A plant that helps children suffering is still illegal many places..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:09 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:
shularino wrote:

There are plenty of enhancements listed in the NFL banned PED list that you can go buy at GNC. The legality of them do not matter.

These guys surely are given legal pain medication that are highly addictive and deadly, so a safer less addictive alternate should be a no brainier..

This country is in the dark ages with that topic, booze and cigs kill people daily and we can go buy them at every local store... A plant that helps children suffering is still illegal many places..

It is not a debate of whether or not the banned substances should be legal. The fact of the matter is that right now today marijuana use is banned by the NFL and the players choose to ignore the rules. They selfishly break the rules that are a part of their chosen career. They put their selfish desires above the commitment to be part of a team and a chance to earn an incredible income. Breaking the rules clearly reveals their true character. They are not rebels that should be admired for bucking the system. They are selfish, self centered tools that are pissing away their chance of a lifetime.

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]