All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:30 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Too much money, too little production. See ya.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:32 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Wow. Didn't expect that so quickly. Maybe Wallace stays?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:35 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

One thing Hartline requested was advanced notice so he could plan ahead. I think this is a sign of respect from the organization so that he can get a jump start on the market and a decent contract.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:38 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

I think that PCL injury diminished his ability more than expected. Hartline had a really hard time getting open against single coverage this season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
I think that PCL injury diminished his ability more than expected. Hartline had a really hard time getting open against single coverage this season.

I would agree, Rich. I liked Hartline and it wasn't his fault that we overpaid for him when he hit free agency.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Earnest Wilford is also a big Ireland Fan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Seeing a few people suggest Hartline was the source of locker room leaks regarding offense and WR issues. Hmm.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:13 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Rich wrote:

I would agree, Rich. I liked Hartline and it wasn't his fault that we overpaid for him when he hit free agency.

The ills of Ireland will take a few years to completely gut, I'm sure BH would have signed a much smaller contract at the time, but Irelands idea was to pay guys what he thought they'd b e worth in the future, and he was a bad judge of talent, lol, what a bad combo.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:36 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I dont think miami overpaid. Hew as a very good player hard worker that helped this team and you pay those kind of guys. Unfortunately he got a knee injiry and not everyone bounces back from those. I wish him well but his career may pretty much be over

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:45 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Any chance he resigns in 2 weeks at a lower value?

Not saying I want him back... But Im curious... Was he offered a pay reduction. Is he just a cap casualty... or is this a purge.

Wonder if he would resign for 3 years @ $9 million.... I doubt it, but if the market is dry for him...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:47 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:

Lets hope he doesn't just stay but the FO becomes committed to using Wallace properly & often, right?

I'd like to see everyone in Miami to find success rather than leave but this is best for both sides. Tannehill didn't need Hartline like he did in previous years. & I hope Hartline finds a good place to spend the rest of his career with prosperity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It was a move you knew was going to happen. Hartline is a nice, solid wide receiver. Nothing special.

Don't begrudge the money he got, because Jeff Ireland was willing to pay him that type of money. Most thought it was paying him like a very good #2, when he is in most cases a solid #3.

The Dolphins cut him now so he can get out on the market. Good luck to him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:44 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

jammer wrote:

Quote:
Dolphins released WR Brian Hartline.
A low-ceiling receiver who is allergic to the end zone, Hartline bottomed out with a miserable 2014 season (39 catches for 474 yards in 16 games). It would have been preposterous for Miami to keep him at his $5.9 million salary. Hartline has a pair of 1,000-yard seasons on his resume, but he's a complementary receiver at best. Hartline's departure makes the Dolphins more likely to keep Mike Wallace and gives another boost to second-year slot WR Jarvis Landry. Still only 28, Hartline could be a starter on a team like the Browns. He also happens to be from Canton (OH) and played college football at Ohio State.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:50 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

No idea the cost, but I always thought Douglas was a nice depth receiver. And whenever White or Jones got hurt he played big.

Quote:
Falcons released WR Harry Douglas.
Douglas has been a productive wideout in Atlanta when either Julio Jones or Roddy White has been injured, but he’s going to be 31 this season and new OC Kyle Shanahan's offense is going to go through Jones even more than it has in the past. There was no reason to pay all three of Jones, White, and Douglas. The Falcons can get Douglas’ production as the No. 3 receiver at a much cheaper rate via a bargain free-agent signing or mid-round draft pick. The Falcons pick up $3.5 million in cap space by cutting Douglas, who posted a 51-556-2 line in 2014.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:54 pm 

swerve13 wrote:
No idea the cost, but I always thought Douglas was a nice depth receiver. And whenever White or Jones got hurt he played big.

Quote:
Falcons released WR Harry Douglas.
Douglas has been a productive wideout in Atlanta when either Julio Jones or Roddy White has been injured, but he’s going to be 31 this season and new OC Kyle Shanahan's offense is going to go through Jones even more than it has in the past. There was no reason to pay all three of Jones, White, and Douglas. The Falcons can get Douglas’ production as the No. 3 receiver at a much cheaper rate via a bargain free-agent signing or mid-round draft pick. The Falcons pick up $3.5 million in cap space by cutting Douglas, who posted a 51-556-2 line in 2014.

I'll pass. His touchdown numbers look like Hartline's.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well....I hope this means we are addressing WR early in the draft. However, that typically has not been the Miami way and our offense suffers as a result. Hartline was too expensive because Ireland was an idiot, but I suspect we will see him again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:21 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Well....I hope this means we are addressing WR early in the draft. However, that typically has not been the Miami way and our offense suffers as a result. Hartline was too expensive because Ireland was an idiot, but I suspect we will see him again.

If we want Devante Parker we should be willing to move up to 9 or 10 in the draft.
(I think the Giants and Rams are 2 good candidates to trade down.)
Would cost us our 3rd rounder to secure the elite receiver prospect to make our offense cruise.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
Dolphins released WR Brian Hartline.
A low-ceiling receiver who is allergic to the end zone, Hartline bottomed out with a miserable 2014 season (39 catches for 474 yards in 16 games). It would have been preposterous for Miami to keep him at his $5.9 million salary. Hartline has a pair of 1,000-yard seasons on his resume, but he's a complementary receiver at best. Hartline's departure makes the Dolphins more likely to keep Mike Wallace and gives another boost to second-year slot WR Jarvis Landry. Still only 28, Hartline could be a starter on a team like the Browns. He also happens to be from Canton (OH) and played college football at Ohio State.

A low ceiling receiver who's allergic to the endzone hahahahaha ..... priceless. Absolutely spot on too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:55 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

6 yrs to late, but finally.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:06 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
A low ceiling receiver who's allergic to the endzone hahahahaha ..... priceless. Absolutely spot on too.

12 TDs in 92 games. Yet a portion of Miami fans love this guy & still wonder why Miami remain mediocre. Good residence Hartline. Go the way of Greg Camarillo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:06 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Bye Brian, you're a dick in person as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
The Dolphins cut him now so he can get out on the market. Good luck to him.

I wish him well too Tony. Let's hope as a castoff he doesn't land in NE where Belicheat has a knack of getting the most out of folks and especially former Dolphins. he has taken mediocre talent before and used that to his advantage. He could probably land in NE or Denver with Brady or Manning and put up respectable numbers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:48 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:

Bad experience?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Bad experience?

Must have been. We will see Carl.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:13 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I could see Hartline signing with NE. I think Rich nailed it on the head with the injury. Maybe he comes back stronger after more time to heal? I wonder how low he was willing to restructure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
I wish him well too Tony. Let's hope as a castoff he doesn't land in NE where Belicheat has a knack of getting the most out of folks and especially former Dolphins. he has taken mediocre talent before and used that to his advantage. He could probably land in NE or Denver with Brady or Manning and put up respectable numbers.

Where exactly is NE going to fit him in?

I really wish you guys would stop worrying about this kind of thing. It's Brian Hartline.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:08 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
I really wish you guys would stop worrying about this kind of thing. It's Brian Hartline.

I am not worried about anything. No truth to it, it was simply just a comment.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:31 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yeah, I had my kids at a game on the sideline during warm ups and my son who is 8 was calling him and he started to jog over and then put his hand and swiped his in a downward motion and jogged away laughing. My kid was like why did he do that? I said cause he can and that's why you don't look up to most of these, you look up to family so it was a great life lesson.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Yeah, I had my kids at a game on the sideline during warm ups and my son who is 8 was calling him and he started to jog over and then put his hand and swiped his in a downward motion and jogged away laughing.

WTF? I would have cussed him out if he did that to my kid. F' him. That's some middle school type BS, I wouldn't put up with that with a grown @$$ man to a child. That is pathetic if he truly did that in bad taste.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:42 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Which game on the sideline Mak? Just curious because I saw him do that at the last game against the Jets this past season. I was on the sideline standing right near some fans that he did the same exact thing. My wife and I actually met and talked with him for a good ten minutes after a Texans game and he was actually very nice and relaxed and carried on a good conversation, but then another time he stood right in front of me and acted like I did not exist and I was in a private spot around the players talking away with others. Not that he has to talk with me, but that particular moment he acted a bit of jerk, strange.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:46 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

SD this year. He also snubbed us a few years ago agasint the Titans.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:52 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah I don't understand any of that Mak. I mean I do get it that it may get old at times, but the fans pay your salary and especially be good to all kids as best as your time allows. I am sure we don't see plenty of moments to where perhaps he does take the time, but I appreciate the genuine athletes that are consistent with being good to the fans.

I am just glad I never bought a Hartline jersey!!! Tannehill is actually the only one I own.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:54 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm not an autograph hound or nothing like that. I just want my kids to have a good experience. Ronnie Brown came right over and said hi to the kids and posed for pics, he played for the other team too!!! lol. Stand up. We do pay their salaries, bunch of babies to be honest.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:01 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Hartline sucks anyway, right Mak?? Ha! Ha!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rock Sexton wrote:
Where exactly is NE going to fit him in?

After the 2012 season I had some worries that he could be a great fit for Brady and I know I wasn't the only one here talking about it. My guess is he ends up on a team like Cleveland as a steady possession guy for a depleted WR group. Not sure he's the Wes Welker replacement we all feared.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:44 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:
Yeah, I had my kids at a game on the sideline during warm ups and my son who is 8 was calling him and he started to jog over and then put his hand and swiped his in a downward motion and jogged away laughing. My kid was like why did he do that? I said cause he can and that's why you don't look up to most of these, you look up to family so it was a great life lesson.

Everyone has bad days but there is no excuse to do that to a child who idolizes what you do. Hope your son gets to root against him and have his revenge by Hartline screwing up and costing his team a game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:43 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

We are about to find out what the NFL thinks of Hartline and I do not expect it to be pretty. Do not expect a whole lot of demand for a mediocre Wr who struggles to get open. I see him still being on the market in Apr. Some team will sign him because he is still young & they need a vet that can catch the ball when he is open, but I see small deal, unless Ireland is making the call.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:57 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I think Hartlines ace in the hole when re resigned with Miami was his apparent chemistry with Tannehill plus if you remember when he signed that deal he did it very quickly and did not hit the open markei. Maybe that got him a few more dollars as well.
After this last season when the chemistry thing with Tannehill was non existent he just became dead weight contractually.
Dont think he would be a fit in NE because he does not have that YAC that they like.
Hope he has been wise with his Miami money because I think his playing days are dwindling. Yeah I can see him signing elsewhere but I can also see him being cut and bouncing around a bit before being forced to retire.
Could be wrong but I think he has peaked as a player 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:17 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
I think Hartlines ace in the hole when re resigned with Miami was his apparent chemistry with Tannehill
Never understood that chemistry part meant a team needed to overpay. I never really viewed a chemistry, more so him being the only one.
It was a horrible deal at the time & an even worse deal now. This is defiantly addition by subtraction.

FINesse wrote:
Hope he has been wise with his Miami money because I think his playing days are dwindling. Yeah I can see him signing elsewhere but I can also see him being cut and bouncing around a bit before being forced to retire.
I see him as a Oh he is playing there type signing. Only Miami fans will pay attention when he signs somewhere.

FINesse wrote:
Could be wrong but I think he has peaked as a player 2 years ago..
Only briefly liked him as a rookie.

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]