Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:16 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Mel Kiper wrote:
The elite trio

Should go in top-10 range, can be impact NFL players early on.

Amari Cooper: There really isn't a flaw in Cooper's game at this point, and running a 4.42 40 at the combine eases any long-speed concerns. I had Cooper as my No. 1 WR even with some questions as to whether he was in the same "athlete" class as some other WRs in this class, but the distance between him and even the athletic freaks is almost negligible now. He caught 84 more passes than the next-closest Bama player. Think about that.

Kevin White: White is probably closer to Cooper on most boards than he was heading into Indy. He ran 4.35 with a 1.52 10-yard split, so there's no question about the quick-twitch explosiveness now. He has star potential, especially if he continues to improve.

DeVante Parker: He's A.J. Green Lite -- but not that light. Given his big catch radius and ability to beat defenders at the catch point (see: arms longer than 33 inches), running 4.45 at 6-foot-2 and 209 pounds puts him in a top class of athlete as well. A difference-maker and potential No. 1 receiver.

Also in Round 1 mix

Any of these guys could land in Round 1 and have a chance to help a team soon.

Devin Smith: He didn't measure as big as he plays, at 6-foot and under 200 pounds, but Smith is plenty fast (4.42) and has down-the-field credentials, where he flat dominated at the catch point last season. If you ran a reel for Smith's best catches, you'd assume he was 6-3.

Dorial Green-Beckham: Let's be clear here: Yes, DGB has the body type of Calvin Johnson, at 6-5 and 237 pounds. But let's remember Megatron ran a 4.35 with a 1.52 10-yard split at 6-5 and 239 pounds. Johnson also had a 42.5-inch vertical. DGB is plenty athletic, with a 4.49 40 time and a 33.5-inch vertical. But he also has off-field questions to answer. Still, the size and skill set (while raw) is tantalizing.

Breshad Perriman: We won't see Perriman run until his pro day, but at 6-2 and 212 pounds, on the tape you see a sure-handed receiver who morphs into a running back with the ball in his hands. He's been a favorite of mine who I feel is a first-round talent.

Phillip Dorsett: Having 4.33 speed can move you up on a lot of boards, but Dorsett isn't just a track star -- he's a capable receiver and can help a team out immediately. A star at the Senior Bowl, he's now clearly in the Round 1 mix.

Jaelen Strong: Another player who saw himself shrink in Indy, Strong measured under 6-3 after long being listed taller than that. Still, he's a force down the field and on contested balls, and the 4.44 speed is really good for a physical matchup threat who will play near 220 pounds.

Devin Funchess: He's 6-4 and 232 pounds and has been listed with the tight ends for a while, but Funchess is really just a size matchup wide receiver, and was used in that way by Michigan. He could land in Round 2 but is certainly going to be in the discussion for a few teams in Round 1. It just depends on how the board lines up.

Likely Day 2 impact talent

More likely to land in Rounds 2 and 3, these guys have skills that could help teams soon.

Nelson Agholor: Match 4.42 speed with a dependable skill set as a route-runner and mostly reliable hands and you have a high-floor player if he's working with a decent QB.

Sammie Coates: There was actually some disappointment in Coates' 4.43 40 time, which tells you about how good an athlete he is. A running back with the ball in his hands, he's gotten better down the field.

Tre McBride: He's moved up the board since the end of the season, with 4.41 speed not hurting his cause. He's now a Day 2 pick.

Antwan Goodley: There's a chance he could drop because the Baylor system helps inflate WRs' numbers, and he simply isn't as big as he plays, but Goodley is in this range.

Tyler Lockett: He ate up some good corners, and his 1.56 10-yard split showed off his quickness. If there's a concern, it's his small hands. A slot pick.

Stefon Diggs: If you see his best tape, you see a potential first-rounder. But Diggs has been dogged by injuries over his time at Maryland. But teams will see that good tape, and he could land here.

Chris Conley: Yes, he moves up some on his fantastic 40 (4.35) and crazy-good vertical (45 inches), but Conley did produce as well, with 91 receptions over the last three seasons.

Rashad Greene: A favorite of Jameis Winston, Greene is lean, but productive and willing to make plays in traffic. He didn't hurt himself in Indy.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft201 ... -nfl-draft

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:31 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think the phins go for one of the top 3 even if they have to jump the vikes and the Browns. The jags and skins could be good trading partners as they could drop back and still address needs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:41 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

ggippo wrote:
I think the phins go for one of the top 3 even if they have to jump the vikes and the Browns. The jags and skins could be good trading partners as they could drop back and still address needs

IMO the Browns will pass on WR on their 1st pick and take another position, then come back to Wr on their 2nd 1st Rd. pick.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
ggippo wrote:

IMO the Browns will pass on WR on their 1st pick and take another position, then come back to Wr on their 2nd 1st Rd. pick.

I would be surprised if one of the Big 3 are still on the board, the Browns pass. They needed a WR last year and did not address it. There is very good depth in this draft at the position, but if one of the considered top 3 are there, I certainly think they snag one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:51 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

phinsfansc wrote:

I would be surprised if one of the Big 3 are still on the board, the Browns pass. They needed a WR last year and did not address it. There is very good depth in this draft at the position, but if one of the considered top 3 are there, I certainly think they snag one.

I guess it will come down to what they think of Parker/Strong and the player that could be gotten with their 1st pick. They could surprise us all & go WR with both picks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:53 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

phinsfansc wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
ggippo wrote:

Exactly. That would be further evidence of just how bad Ray Farmer is.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]