All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:53 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

The Texans haven given him permission to seek a trade and that if not he'll be released.

Would you offer Houston a 4th Rounder for him? No question it would mean Wallace has to go.

Johnson still has 2 years left on his deal at about 11 million per year.

The scary thing is his name has been associated with the Pats for a while if he ever was released. He'll definitely aim for a contender if he hits the market.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
The Texans haven given him permission to seek a trade and that if not he'll be released.

Would you offer Houston a 4th Rounder for him? No question it would mean Wallace has to go.

Johnson still has 2 years left on his deal at about 11 million per year.

The scary thing is his name has been associated with the Pats for a while if he ever was released. He'll definitely aim for a contender if he hits the market.

Loved Andre in the day, but I think I will pass on giving up a 4th for him. He will be 34 soon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:14 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm with you, not worth it especially 10 mil a yr, ouch. We've been that route with Chris Carter, no thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I'm with you, not worth it especially 10 mil a yr, ouch. We've been that route with Chris Carter, no thanks.

10 mill/year contract are a thing of the past for Andre. That why the Texans are likely to release him. No one is trading for that type of contract at his age.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:50 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

New england is 12 million over the cap. They cant afford him. I see him going to indianapolis to sting houston twice a year with a great qb in luck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

At this point in his career, Andre may be looking to go to a team where he thinks he can win a championship.

At this age, he has to sign a team friendly deal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'd rather pay Wallace the money, as big a fan of AJ's as I've been, he's 34.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:06 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I like him as much as the next guy but I find it odd that hes never gotten 10 TDs in a single season.

I doubt he would help our team at this point

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:39 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Miami can use him, but I would not put any future cap space in jeopardy. He is going to have to be happy making 5 million.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:28 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'd like to have him here, but think about it, we are releasing a lot of receivers, especially if Clay and Wallace end up going, and my point is, we will lose any chemistry we may have had going forward and building on the past. I hate we lost Hartline.

d-1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:33 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

dolphans1 wrote:
I hate we lost Hartline.

d-1

Yeah man, I am going to miss those 400 yards, 1 TD and falling without being touched. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:43 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:
I hate we lost Hartline.

d-1

Yeah man, I am going to miss those 400 yards, 1 TD and falling without being touched. :cry:

Interesting you totally ignore his 2012, 2013 season(s). He's a great slot receiver and plays his position well. Watch the Browns sign him up.

If he were on the Patriots, he'd be in the top 10 of receiving, and maybe a FHOF player.

d-`

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:53 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

dolphans1 wrote:
Rich wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:
I hate we lost Hartline.

d-1

Interesting you totally ignore his 2012, 2013 season(s). He's a great slot receiver and plays his position well. Watch the Browns sign him up.

If he were on the Patriots, he'd be in the top 10 of receiving, and maybe a FHOF player.

d-`

Miami has a great slot receiver named Landry. Landry is much younger and a lot less expensive too. Hartline never returned to form from his knee injury. Miami played him as a wide out not a slot and he was unable to create separation or gain YAC. I hope he finds a new team and lots of success.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:07 am 

dolphans1 wrote:
Rich wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:
I hate we lost Hartline.

d-1

d-`

Yeah, interesting you totally ignore the fact that he's not a slot receiver.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:10 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphans1 wrote:

d-`

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:20 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

It was reported Miami would be very interested in Andre Johnson if he became available.

Then I offer this Twitter piece from last night:

@OmarKelly - @ASAP_Al: Texans gave Andre Johnson permission to seek trade...Wallace for Johnson?> Wallace calls Houston home. Easy swap.

Normally Kelly blows these things off if he sees it as fantasy talk so I'm curious. Doubt it happens, but I can definitely see Miami trying. Have Johnson mentor the young guys and HOPEFULLY see the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:23 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Did someone just use FHOF and Hartline in the same sentence? Did they? Did they?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:24 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Coots wrote:
Did someone just use FHOF and Hartline in the same sentence? Did they? Did they?

:haha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:26 am 

Pat Devlin is also a FHOF.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:31 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'll pass on Johnson. Age/Contract no thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:50 am 

Rock Sexton wrote:
I'll pass on Johnson. Age/Contract no thanks.

Yeah Houston is not going to find any takers on that trade. If they want to get rid of him, they'll need to waive him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:52 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

If there were someway to give a 6th or 7th pick up and restructure that deal I'd do it. Even at 34, he can still high tip a ball better than anyone else we have.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:29 pm 

IamPZ wrote:
If there were someway to give a 6th or 7th pick up and restructure that deal I'd do it. Even at 34, he can still high tip a ball better than anyone else we have.

I doubt Johnson would restructure the deal. I think he would rather just get cut and go to the place of his choosing for the best deal he can get.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:57 pm 

One can dream :yay:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think Johnson would fit better with Tannehill. Big bodied WR in the mold of Anquan Boldin who could easily catch in traffic. Miami would be foolish to look the other way. Whoever said they'd rather have Wallace.... wow.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:38 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

NFLJunkie wrote:
I think Johnson would fit better with Tannehill. Big bodied WR in the mold of Anquan Boldin who could easily catch in traffic. Miami would be foolish to look the other way.

This was my thinking when I first read about it. If they are truly investing big money in Tannehill then I'd guess they'll do whatever it takes to help him succeed.

I strongly doubt Miami will get him as a FA.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

34 year old wide out who has been injury prone. If Miami gets him off waivers and resets a new cost friendly deal, then sure, otherwise, not a wise investment IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:38 pm 

If you are trading for a 34 year old wideout on the downside of his career, you're making a bad move.

Love Andre, he's from the U, but his career is close to over.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:35 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Quote:
Miami has a great slot receiver named Landry. Landry is much younger and a lot less expensive too. Hartline never returned to form from his knee injury. Miami played him as a wide out not a slot and he was unable to create separation or gain YAC. I hope he finds a new team and lots of success.

Hartline, in my opinion, was more suited to play as a "slot receiver", and I knew someone would bash me on that, but I hit send anyway.

I always felt Hartline was best suited to play slot receiver, because he lacked the speed for the wide-out position.

Landry should have played wide and Hartline inside slot.

d-1

Last edited by dolphans1 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:38 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Lol. Hartline in the slot? The guy who's afraid of contact. Mr. Catch and fall.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:04 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

He is still productive even with a bad situation last year. If he was willing to go with a home town discount he would be a great add. Definitely more reliable and a better fit than Wallace.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphans1 wrote:
Hartline, in my opinion, was more suited to play as a "slot receiver", and I knew someone would bash me on that, but I hit send anyway.

I always felt Hartline was best suited to play slot receiver, because he lacked the speed for the wide-out position.

Landry should have played wide and Landry inside slot.

d-1

Let's be honest ..... you think he would have been great for the slot because he's white.

You still have to be fast, better yet QUICK with your burst and hips to man that position. All those things Hartline is NOT and has NOT...... he also doesn't gain YAC and isn't built to take hits in the middle area of the field.

Seriously, the s**t you say sometimes makes my mind numb.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:39 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:

Landry should have played wide and Landry inside slot.

d-1

Let's be honest ..... you think he would have been great for the slot because he's white.

You still have to be fast, better yet QUICK with your burst and hips to man that position. All those things Hartline is NOT and has NOT...... he also doesn't gain YAC and isn't built to take hits in the middle area of the field.

Seriously, the s**t you say sometimes makes my mind numb.

That's your opinion and I totally disagree with you and personally, do not understand your weak argument.

You must have great speed to be a wide-out or at the very least an excellent route runner (in the NFL), and Hartline was weak at both, not bad, but just weak in those areas.

I stand behind all of my posts.

d-1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphans1 wrote:
That's your opinion and I totally disagree with you and personally, do not understand your weak argument.

You must have great speed to be a wide-out or at the very least an excellent route runner (in the NFL), and Hartline was weak at both, not bad, but just weak in those areas.

d-1

It's not an opinion. It's fact. That's why he's rarely lined up at the slot. 95% of his routes are up the sideline and those comebacks where he falls right after the catch.

All your'e standing behind is roasted :crap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:58 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:

d-1

It's not an opinion. It's fact. That's why he's rarely lined up at the slot. 95% of his routes are up the sideline and those comebacks where he falls right after the catch.

All your'e standing behind is roasted :crap

I gave you that argument, I hated seeing Hartline go and I always felt he should have been used a slot receiver or a 4 receiver set in certain passing situations. I understand he was a cap casualty, because for what he was making in terms of value, did not justify keeping based on those numbers. He had a bad year, but I wished we kept him.

I never mentioned race either, Jason Sehorn was white, played a different position, but was one of the fastest NFL players when he played for the Giants during his time.

NFL = Not For Long - if your not producing the numbers and injuries will kill a team and a player.

I've noticed, if I have a positive opinion on a current or past Dolphin player we're getting rid of, that I can't have a different opinion, it has to be this sort of "mob" sort of consensus built opinion the majority agrees on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphans1 wrote:
I gave you that argument, I hated seeing Hartline go and I always felt he should have been used a slot receiver or a 4 receiver set in certain passing situations. I understand he was a cap casualty, because for what he was making in terms of value, did not justify keeping based on those numbers. He had a bad year, but I wished we kept him.

I never mentioned race either, Jason Sehorn was white, played a different position, but was one of the fastest NFL players when he played for the Giants during his time.

NFL = Not For Long - if your not producing the numbers and injuries will kill a team and a player.

I've noticed, if I have a positive opinion on a current or past Dolphin player we're getting rid of, that I can't have a different opinion, it has to be this sort of "mob" sort of consensus built opinion the majority agrees on.

It's not "mob" consensus. You say really ridiculous things and the heat your take for it is well-deserved.

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]