Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Andre Johnson
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Does he have anything left in the tank? Houston released him today.

Post subject: Re: Andre Johnson
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:30 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phin wrote:
Does he have anything left in the tank? Houston released him today.

85 catches for 940 Yds. That is with bad Qbing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I love AJ, but this team already has a lot invested in Wallace. I want to see them be aggressive in the draft and get one of the top guys at receiver. Unless he would take Hartline's $6m to come home (which seems entirely unrealistic), I would pass.

Dphins4me wrote:
85 catches for 940 Yds. That is with bad Qbing.

109 catches with 1.4k yards the prior year as well. Again though, I would pass considering the circumstances.

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:32 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

hometown discount to end his career?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:40 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

If we can get him cheap I'd love it. We can still draft a WR early.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:06 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I'll sign him draft a CB if we don't address it during free agency if so draft all linemen is fine by me!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:12 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Interesting proposition from Omar Kelly:

Offer 2 year $10 million deals to Johnson, Wilfork and Rolle to finish their careers in Miami.

Honestly, I think that could work. If Starks and Fields are cut and Clay's cap number reduced they could squeeze it in this year and it would obviously fit into the 2016 cap.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:53 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Wilfork aint coming to Miami, he has verbally mentioned his distaste for the Dolphins, I do not think we will even give him a call!

Rolle will stay in New York, I think they will resign him late tonight.... They are a priority for the Giants, and i doubt he gets the chance to see the market since NY will not get him back. If he's available, i would pursue it!

Johnson is the treasure though. Landry/Wallace/Johnson would be a pretty fearsome trio. Wallace would set the safeties back, and Johnson would demand the double teams... Landry would be a pro bowler without even asking. Wow. Can Johnson be had for $6 million a season?

The hometown appeal is the draw.
The fact that Miami is a perennial 8-8 squad is the set back for a guy that wants to finish with a contender.
I see Johnson going to a team like Arizona or Denver (as a fall back option).... I think the perfect fit for him might be NY Giants.....Finish his career with Eli, be paired up with Odell, and a returning Victor Cruz..
As long as he stays away from the AFC E if we do not get him since he is a thorn in Miami's side... and one of the biggest reasons why we still have never beaten houston

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:15 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We have to ask ourselves are these players upgrades? I'd say yes to AJ, Hartline had 400yrds while AJ had over 900. Wallace, AJ, and Landry sound a lot better than Wallace, Hartline, Lanndry.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:17 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

If the Phins can bring him in that would give them so much flexibility. If they land one of the big three in the draft they could drop Wallace after June 1 for a gain of 9 mil? If they can't land one of the big three they stick with Wallace.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:18 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Makchell wrote:
We have to ask ourselves are these players upgrades? I'd say yes to AJ, Hartline had 400yrds while AJ had over 900. Wallace, AJ, and Landry sound a lot better than Wallace, Hartline, Lanndry.

Yes. But at what price? And why would he come here if he's looking for a chance to win a superbowl? Be real. He'll sign with the Pats, or Denver, or someplace like that. We're not THAT; not yet, anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:20 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

For sure K-dash, but if on the cheap, why not?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

Mak, imo it would have everything to do with what the Fins plan is, if they are planning to draft a WR in the 1st round I would say no, but if they have other plans I would say yes.

I do agree with K-Dash, based on what AJ has said I believe he wants to play for a winner, not just the FA winner, lol, we are always the FA winner.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:29 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

k-dash wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Yes. But at what price? And why would he come here if he's looking for a chance to win a superbowl? Be real. He'll sign with the Pats, or Denver, or someplace like that. We're not THAT; not yet, anyway.

Things change fast in this league there is nothing to say Miami won't contend this year they have been on the edge for at least a couple years now. What price? Does it really matter if he's only on the books for a couple years? With the exception of Suh Tanny Pouncey and Jordan the other big ticket players on this team will age out soon or be gone in a couple years unless they restructure. I don't think the phins should over pay AJ but he's more than worth every penny in fair market value.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:33 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Finster wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Mak, imo it would have everything to do with what the Fins plan is, if they are planning to draft a WR in the 1st round I would say no, but if they have other plans I would say yes.

I do agree with K-Dash, based on what AJ has said I believe he wants to play for a winner, not just the FA winner, lol, we are always the FA winner.

But that's the thing with plans right? They don't always go the way you hoped. If they had AJ on the roster they could draft a WR and cut Wallace and save even more money than if they cut Wallace now. Or not draft a WR and keep Wallace.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:42 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Look at the AFC. We have as good as chance as anyone to be in the SUHper bowl.
This signing with a contender & wanting to win now , applies to the Dolphins. Especially this season.
Look at the schedule , not many losses on it and the AFC as a whole is on a decline except for us.
Denver and NE will not be as good. Maybe the Colts can challenge us.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]