Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:59 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Andrew Abramson retweeted
Dustin Fox ‏@DustinFox37 8m8 minutes ago

Breaking: Brian Hartline is signing with the Cleveland #Browns.
0 replies 439 retweets 229 favorites

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:07 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Did not realize Cleveland was that desperate. Hartline provides nothing they already didn't have.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:49 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Dphins4me wrote:
Did not realize Cleveland was that desperate. Hartline provides nothing they already did have.

"Provides nothing they already did have."

What does that even mean? Hartline was overpaid here, for sure, and is not a #1 receiver, true. But, he's a good guy to have on a team. Hard worker, makes the most of his ability, doesn't complain. Does anyone else remember his remarkable penchant for the sideline toe-tapper catch? People on this forum want to treat him like last week's toilet paper, but he did have two consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. Did anyone on the Browns roster (not currently suspended forEVER) have anything like that in their career?

Not saying you build an offense around him, but he has value. Just not at the price we were paying him. If he can get that elsewhere, good for him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:28 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

2 year 6 mil...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:

What does that even mean? Hartline was overpaid here, for sure, and is not a #1 receiver, true. But, he's a good guy to have on a team. Hard worker, makes the most of his ability, doesn't complain. Does anyone else remember his remarkable penchant for the sideline toe-tapper catch? People on this forum want to treat him like last week's toilet paper, but he did have two consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. Did anyone on the Browns roster (not currently suspended forEVER) have anything like that in their career?

Not saying you build an offense around him, but he has value. Just not at the price we were paying him. If he can get that elsewhere, good for him.

Those two barely 1,000 yard seasons aren't quite as memorable as some would like to believe.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:54 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I thought Hartline was looking to latch on with a team that had an established QB. I guess McCown and Manziel were just too good to pass up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 pm 

Rock Sexton wrote:
Those two barely 1,000 yard seasons aren't quite as memorable as some would like to believe.

OK, then. My point would still be just as valid if he had totaled 7, 8, or 900 yards each of those years. The point was that Hartline is a good guy, a good team-mate and a good (not great) player. IMO the only reason people diss on him here is because we overpaid him for a year, and he's on another team now.

Do you remember Jimmy Cefalo? Not a great player. Not a comparable skill set to Hartline, I get that, but still... good, not great. He contributed and was a good soldier. Can't we just appreciate what Hartline did and wish him well without trying to trash him on the way out the door? Stay classy, Dolphins fans.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:59 pm 

jammer wrote:
I thought Hartline was looking to latch on with a team that had an established QB. I guess McCown and Manziel were just too good to pass up.

Umm, maybe it had something to do with playing for his home town team. If a player made this decision to come back and wear the Dolphins' colors because he wanted to fulfill a childhood dream (Wilfork, AJ, Wayne, et al.) we would applaud it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:30 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

k-dash wrote:

What does that even mean? Hartline was overpaid here, for sure, and is not a #1 receiver, true. But, he's a good guy to have on a team. Hard worker, makes the most of his ability,

Typo "Didn't" We vastly disagree on Hartline.

k-dash wrote:
doesn't complain.
I will give him one thing. He is not stupid. He understood that he was overpaid & had better keep his mouth shut.

k-dash wrote:
Does anyone else remember his remarkable penchant for the sideline toe-tapper catch? People on this forum want to treat him like last week's toilet paper, but he did have two consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. Did anyone on the Browns roster (not currently suspended forEVER) have anything like that in their career?
IMO last weeks toilet paper has more value. No Browns WR has, but they do have QB issues.

I will give him credit for getting to 1K, but it has to be one of the most unimpressive back-back 1K season ever produced by a Wr.

This is how Hartline made it to 1K

In 2012 Hartline had 43.5% of his yd production in 3 games. ( 111-253-107 ) = 471/1083. That leaves him avg. just 47 the other 13 games.

2013 Hartline had 23.7% of his yd production in 2 games ( 114-127 ) =241/1016 = 23.7%. That leaves him avg. 55 yds the other 14 games. No other game tops 80 yds.

The ball had to go somewhere. He benefited. Hartline's career is almost over IMO. I believe the Browns will cut him after 1 yr and no one will be interested.

k-dash wrote:
He is a No. 4 or 5 Wr at best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:31 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

k-dash wrote:
Hartline did and wish him well without trying to trash him on the way out the door? Stay classy, Dolphins fans.

It has nothing to do with him leaving. I trashed him while he was here. I've trashed him for yrs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:39 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

k-dash wrote:
jammer wrote:

Umm, maybe it had something to do with playing for his home town team. If a player made this decision to come back and wear the Dolphins' colors because he wanted to fulfill a childhood dream (Wilfork, AJ, Wayne, et al.) we would applaud it.

Sure, but I was referring to the reports that said Hartline would take his time and weigh his options as the quality of the QB was important. My guess is the quality QB teams weren't offering him as much as a team depleted of WR talent and begging for help. Sorry if I'm not buying into the homecoming dream for a guy who isn't in the final year or two of his career.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:43 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

He's going back to Ohio, where he'll most likely be the second best athlete to have returned to the state of pro sports hell.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:44 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Hartline went home to play for his hometown team.... predictable.
Its a solid move for a team that has basically closed the door on Josh Gordon.
Cleveland is on the rise if they can figure out their QB situation.
Good luck to him, he will be missed... not from a talent perspective but from a work ethic one

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:55 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Hopefully his time there is more productive than Davone Bess'.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:02 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Davone Bess was an Oakland thug with dreads that played college ball at Hawaii... When Miami kicked him to the curb... he went to play in a cold weather town. Thats not an excuse, but the man obviously couldnt handle life in dreary Erie city..

Cant think of any other reason that he started posting twitter pictures of him smoking the stinky green icky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:06 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

hartline sucks and he will be cut after he under performs this year. On the street again in '16, I hope he saved his money.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:07 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Why would Hartline get cut from the Browns?!?! wow, that was a harsh statement. Inking a contract with the home town team usually gives a guy at least a 2 year grace period.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:13 pm 

Makchell wrote:
hartline sucks and he will be cut after he under performs this year. On the street again in '16, I hope he saved his money.

Sure, a team with no QB and no WRs will for sure cut a solid vet WR after one year. OK then.

Hartline will lead the Browns in receptions this year. Why is it so hard for you to see what he is? Solid, not spectacular. He's a grinder, and will give you a big play every now and again if he's utilized properly. That is exactly what he was for us, until last year.

One of us is wrong, time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:54 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

C'mon Mak, tell us what you really think, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:16 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Sure, a team with no QB and no WRs will for sure cut a solid vet WR after one year. OK then.

Hartline will lead the Browns in receptions this year. Why is it so hard for you to see what he is? Solid, not spectacular. He's a grinder, and will give you a big play every now and again if he's utilized properly. That is exactly what he was for us, until last year.

One of us is wrong, time will tell.

Quote:
Hartline will lead the Browns in receptions this year.

The Brownies are so screwed up at WR you may be right, but it would only be because they are so screwed up at WR.

Hartline was never a solid starter, he was a marginal starter, he has always caught a low % of his targets because he doesn't create much separation and rarely has big plays.

He is a very hard worker though, just not very physically gifted.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:44 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Hartline had the chance to join the Chicago Bears, New England Patriots and Houston Texans as well before committing to the Browns.

Had a chance to join the Pats, but took the Browns instead?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:47 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

impalaboi76 wrote:
2 year 6 mil...

Gonna wanted to see the details. Beat its more like a 1 yr deal. Something like Miami gave Finnagan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:41 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

a solid vet WR

:haha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:53 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

K-Dash is not even close to implying that Hartline was some great receiver. Some of you guys act as though he didn't do anything. Granted he was no touchdown machine, but for a couple of "solid" decent seasons he caught 74 & 76 passes and over 1000 yards respectively each of those years.

He even had a 12 catch 253 yard game against Arizona, which oh by the way is a Miami Dolphins single season game record, so OK, we get it several people cannot stand the guy, but there are a few of us like myself that felt he was a good 3rd-4th wide out to have and prior to Lazor coming in he was a security blanket for Tannehill with good chemistry. He had a down year, no question and I don't argue that at all.

I wish the guy well for the Browns and whatever his personal decision is to go to Cleveland is his to make and far for anyone to question what he chooses. To each their own and he is playing in the NFL, so still playing the greatest game at the highest level.

At the end of the day, we all have opinions of all the players and I am just sharing my thoughts. You can agree or disagree as with any other post, but again if you read K-Dash's comments they were not inaccurate at all IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:11 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I agree, we all have opinions, no worries on my part. If hartline tears it up, good, if not good. Who cares...lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:52 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah I mean honestly Mak, I wish him well, but also at the same time, I will not lose any sleep if his career ended after one season with the Browns.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:10 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
K-Dash is not even close to implying that Hartline was some great receiver. Some of you guys act as though he didn't do anything. Granted he was no touchdown machine, but for a couple of "solid" decent seasons he caught 74 & 76 passes and over 1000 yards respectively each of those years.

He even had a 12 catch 253 yard game against Arizona, which oh by the way is a Miami Dolphins single season game record, so OK, we get it several people cannot stand the guy, but there are a few of us like myself that felt he was a good 3rd-4th wide out to have and prior to Lazor coming in he was a security blanket for Tannehill with good chemistry. He had a down year, no question and I don't argue that at all.

I wish the guy well for the Browns and whatever his personal decision is to go to Cleveland is his to make and far for anyone to question what he chooses. To each their own and he is playing in the NFL, so still playing the greatest game at the highest level.

At the end of the day, we all have opinions of all the players and I am just sharing my thoughts. You can agree or disagree as with any other post, but again if you read K-Dash's comments they were not inaccurate at all IMO.

That game he had vs. the Cardinals was as anomalous as it gets.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:19 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
That game he had vs. the Cardinals was as anomalous as it gets.

I agree, but he still accomplished it when no one else in Miami Dolphins history has which until someone breaks it will always be in the team record books. That being said, you are correct because that obviously was head over heels way above anything else he had accomplished.

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]