All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:19 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

OK guys, the big wave of free agency has passed. Some players have changed uniforms, and teams have different needs. With that in mind, I'd like to do another mock draft. Here's the draft order for the first round.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jameis Winston
2. Tennessee Titans- Leonard Williams
3. Jacksonville Jaguars- Dante Fowler Jr
4. Oakland Raiders- Kevin White
5. Washington Redskins- Shane Ray
6. New York Jets- Vic Beasley
7. Chicago Bears- Amari Cooper
8. Atlanta Falcons - Todd Gurley
9. New York Giants - Brandon Scherff
10. St. Louis Rams - La'el Collins
11. Minnesota Vikings - Ereck Flowers
12. Cleveland Browns - Danny Shelton
13. New Orleans Saints - Marcus Mariota
14. Miami Dolphins- Devante Parker
15. San Francisco 49ers
16. Houston Texans
17. San Diego Chargers
18. Kansas City Chiefs
19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo)
20. Philadelphia Eagles
21. Cincinnati Bengals
22. Pittsburgh Steelers
23. Detroit Lions
24. Arizona Cardinals
25. Carolina Panthers
26. Baltimore Ravens
27. Dallas Cowboys
28. Denver Broncos
29. Indianapolis Colts
30. Green Bay Packers
31. Seattle Seahawks
32. New England Patriots

The rules for this draft are as follows:

1. Make only one pick, then wait for about 2-4 picks to go by before picking again.

2. When making a pick, explain your reasoning behind that pick. What type of skill set that player brings, how he fits that team's needs, etc......

3. NO TRADES, I MEAN IT!!! I know some will happen in the real draft, but it's too complicated to do here.

4. Lastly, keep your eyes peeled. Don't let a top prospect drop, and don't pick a player that's already been taken.

That being said, here we go...... WELCOME TO THE 2015 NFL DRAFT. THE TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK.

Last edited by TommyNoleFin on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:23 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

With the first pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select....

QB JAMEIS WINSTON- FLORIDA STATE

Tampa needs a QB, there's no way to put it. It's obvious Mike Glennon isn't the answer or Josh McCown would've never been brought in. The big debate here is Winston or Mariota. Which one do you take? Winston is a better on-the-field prospect than Mariota, and over time, that could push teams to overlook the character discrepancy. He is a rare athlete who has natural poise as a pocket passer. His phenomenal field vision, anticipation and decision-making are extremely impressive for a college quarterback. Some of his best performances came when his team's back was against the wall. The biggest issue for Winston is off-the-field problems. But how big are those issues really? He committed petty theft, which he later rectified, and was also suspended for one game for shouting vulgarities in public. That is small potatoes compared to what he was accused of: Rape, point shaving, and taking money for autographs. He was eventually cleared of all three issues, and a lot of NFL scouts and GM's say that he's "not a bad guy, just an immature one". Hopefully he will gain some maturity as a pro and become the face of the Bucs franchise for years to come.

THE TENNESSEE TITANS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK

Last edited by TommyNoleFin on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:25 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Bucs select Tommy's man crush, Tommy's dream guy, Tommy's bromance, Tommy's future husband.....

J. Winston

2. When making a pick, explain your reasoning behind that pick. What type of skill set that player brings, how he fits that team's needs, etc......

The Bucs suck, so they con't the trend and pick the biggest bust since J. Russell.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:36 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
Bucs select Tommy's man crush, Tommy's dream guy, Tommy's bromance, Tommy's future husband.....

J. Winston

The Bucs suck, so they con't the trend and pick the biggest bust since J. Russell.

Since you like to go fishing, I'll bet you a fresh seafood dinner that he's gonna be a Pro Bowler within his first five years. Loser buys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He'll be buying Tommy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:59 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

With the 2nd pick of the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select DT Leonard Williams of Southern Cal. There some buzz that the Titans could be interested in Mariotta, but I think they are going to give Zach Mettenburger time to develop.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:06 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

phinsfansc wrote:
He'll be buying Tommy.

On a side note, I had a blast at Gasparilla in Tampa. I was bumming around and happened to walk by an outdoor bar where Bucs GM Jason Licht was holding court with a few Bucs fans. He'd obviously had a few in him. The fans kept pressing him as to who he was going to take with the draft's top selection. After shrugging them off for a bit, he started doing the tomahawk chop. Not to mention that reports are coming out that Jameis has been studying the Tampa playbook and will appear at Derrick Brooks's annual charity golf tournament in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:57 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Book it Tommy. Do you live in Tampa? We can go to Starfish Café in Cortez where they catch and cook their own catch that day or you can bring your family to my house and have an all inclusive beer (craft of course), wine (Piedmount region), fresh catch grilled. Take your pick, hogfish (which are speared), grouper (gag grouper, not the worm infested red grouper that are found in local restaurants), or Amberjack (smoked or sashimi style). I can always meet you meet in Tampa if needed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:52 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Book it Tommy. Do you live in Tampa? We can go to Starfish Café in Cortez where they catch and cook their own catch that day or you can bring your family to my house and have an all inclusive beer (craft of course), wine (Piedmount region), fresh catch grilled. Take your pick, hogfish (which are speared), grouper (gag grouper, not the worm infested red grouper that are found in local restaurants), or Amberjack (smoked or sashimi style). I can always meet you meet in Tampa if needed.

darn dude, I would not mind getting in on some FRESH seafood.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:56 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:

I live in Orlando. Only an hour from Tampa. I love hog fish and grouper. Where do you live?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:41 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

With the 3rd pick in the draft the Jaguars get the guy they covet to play defensive end, the local boy Dante Fowler. Perfect fit. Oakland on the clock.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:07 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Bradenton, Fl.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:33 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

TommyNoleFin wrote:
Makchell wrote:

J. Winston

Since you like to go fishing, I'll bet you a fresh seafood dinner that he's gonna be a Pro Bowler within his first five years. Loser buys.

:haha

I have to say that I was thinking the same way about Tommy when he picked Winston, but I do think Winston has all the talent to be a very good quarterback in the league. I question his leadership and common sense though. If we didn't have Tannehill and needed a starting quarterback, I think Winston is the no-brainer selection. He'll need mentoring, and Lovie Smith is probably a good coach for him.

On a side note, I like Tommy's passion.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:43 am 
2017 Survial Champion
2017 Survial Champion

pick#4-oakland takes kevin white wr ,Oakland needs a target for Carr to throw to

but as a side note i see Oakland as a prime trade target if mariota falls past Tennessee ,jets,browns,eagles being potential dance partners

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:03 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Where do you live?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:22 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

How about a bunch of us bet against Mak and we have a big Phinfever Fish Fry at his house....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:31 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I just fried some grouper up on Sunday, it was so good. I caught it when it was in season and vacuum sealed it in butter. OMG, it was as good as fresh.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:37 am 

I want more freshly caught pomps... that was good fish. We don't get pomps in Biscayne Bay...

I'm going to Ormond Beach in May to do some inshore fishing. Going after reds.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:48 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

Where do you live?

Columbia, SC. I am going to try to get down for the Dallas game this year, as I have not been to a Dolphins game in Miami since the Patriots undefeated run.

That would be fun to have a Phinfever Fish Fry. I would try to make it to that for sure. Chance to meet the guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:53 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Funny you said that Rich. That Sat after you guys went fishing I went Starfish and they had fresh caught pomp for dinner. I got two fillets smothered in butter for 10bucks with hushpuppies and cheese grits. It was a piece of heaven...lol We went last sat to a known snook spot and they were stacked, we wasted 3 hours trying to get them to bit. SPoons, jigs, plugs, shrimp, whitebait, pinfish, nothing....nadda. Ended up getting a couple of macks and trout. Fun though, but you know the feeling when the tropphies wont bite...lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:04 am 

Makchell wrote:
Funny you said that Rich. That Sat after you guys went fishing I went Starfish and they had fresh caught pomp for dinner. I got two fillets smothered in butter for 10bucks with hushpuppies and cheese grits. It was a piece of heaven...lol We went last sat to a known snook spot and they were stacked, we wasted 3 hours trying to get them to bit. SPoons, jigs, plugs, shrimp, whitebait, pinfish, nothing....nadda. Ended up getting a couple of macks and trout. Fun though, but you know the feeling when the tropphies wont bite...lol

What time of day were you trying to get those snookies to bite?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:18 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

7:00am till 10:00am and the tide changed...lol SOrry Tommy for hijacking your thread.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:03 am 

Makchell wrote:
7:00am till 10:00am and the tide changed...lol SOrry Tommy for hijacking your thread.

Try going at night, when it is still dark out. Snook are much more aggressive at night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:06 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Try going at night, when it is still dark out. Snook are much more aggressive at night.

That's joe and I's staple in the summer. Nothing bites in the day inshore here in July-Sept except at night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:26 pm 

Makchell wrote:

That's joe and I's staple in the summer. Nothing bites in the day inshore here in July-Sept except at night.

Yeah you gotta hit em up early in the morning or around 5-6pm when it starts cooling down. Most fish don't have eyelids and are just trying to stay out of the sun.

Here you can get permit and tarpon inshore on sunny days. And bonefish.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:12 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

With the fifth pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select....

DE/OLB SHANE RAY- MISSOURI

Washington needs help with its pass rush. And with Dante Fowler already gone and Randy Gregory's stock tumbling after a failed drug test, the Redskins take the next best guy available.

Ray is your classic tweener. He showed a real burst off the snap with the agility to turn the corner. Ray needs to get stronger for the ground game, but he has rare speed-rushing skills and edge-rush athleticism. It will be interesting to see if Ray can add weight to play defensive end in the NFL, otherwise he'll have to move to a Von Miller-type role in a 4-3 defense. Ray could also fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker depending on what Washington decides to implement defensively

THE STINKIN' LOUSY JETS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:22 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:
Makchell wrote:

J. Winston

:haha

I have to say that I was thinking the same way about Tommy when he picked Winston, but I do think Winston has all the talent to be a very good quarterback in the league. I question his leadership and common sense though. If we didn't have Tannehill and needed a starting quarterback, I think Winston is the no-brainer selection. He'll need mentoring, and Lovie Smith is probably a good coach for him.

On a side note, I like Tommy's passion.

His leadership, especially on the field and in the locker room is not to be questioned. His common sense is though, you're right about that. But there's a big difference in what he actually did as opposed to what he was accused and exonerated of. He's immature, but so was I at the age of 20. When I was in college, I shouted vulgarities in public and I took things that didn't belong to me (not crab legs). The NFL has programs and personnel that can assist him into maturing into a professional. The fact that he arranged to meet with the Commissioner is a good sign.

Makchell wrote:
Bradenton, Fl.

Nice area. My dad's best friend lives on Siesta Key. I discovered this neat place in Ellenton called Woody's River Roo. Good food, good drinks, and a great view, especially on a cool day. We'll work something out and get together and hang.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

With the 6th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the New York Jets take OLB Vic Beasley of Clemson.

Thanks Tommy

Last edited by phinsfansc on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:55 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

phinsfansc wrote:
With the 6th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the New York Jets take OLB Vic Beasley of Clemson.

Fixed it for you

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:12 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I discovered this neat place in Ellenton called Woody's River Roo

That is my go to place!!! How funny. I'd love to meet up with you guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:26 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

All this Winston love makes me want to barf! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Coots wrote:

Oh get over yourself Coots........ :haha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:31 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Coots wrote:

If the Bucs show considerable improvement with Winston under center and the Dolphins show me more of the same B.S. this year, I might jump ship. And I'm not laughing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:23 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Lol im with makchell. Winston is jamarcus russell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Manhattan wrote:
Lol im with makchell. Winston is jamarcus russell

Not even CLOSE.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:19 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I am thinking Winston is going to be good in the nfl. Can I get in on that bet as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:56 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Hey Mack. You better drop them lines in the water. You'll be cooking up enough fish to satisfy Atilla The Hun and Genghis Kahn.

Back on topic, who's gonna make the seventh pick?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

With the 7th pick in the NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears take Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama.

They could easily go Danny Shelton here, and I have seen Marcus Mariota mocked here as well, but they traded Brandon Marshall. They still have Alshon Jeffery in the ofld, but that's it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:27 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Sorry to take it back off topic but phinsfansc what is it you see in winston compared to russell? Im not a scout and genuinely interested in what you think. i honestly dont remember much of russell in college but i do remember thinking the same about him as winston which is "they think hes the number 1 pick?!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Manhattan wrote:
Sorry to take it back off topic but phinsfansc what is it you see in winston compared to russell? Im not a scout and genuinely interested in what you think. i honestly dont remember much of russell in college but i do remember thinking the same about him as winston which is "they think hes the number 1 pick?!"

No problem Manhatten. For one, there were question about JaMarcus work ethic and how smart of a player he was coming out of LSU. Jameis is both smart from a football standpoint and book wise. He was ACCEPTED to Stanford, one of his finalist when coming out of high school. He was an honor student at FSU, and worked just as hard when studying his playbook and watching film.

He does not have the arm that JaMarcus had, but very few do. That said, Winston can make all the throws, does a great job of throwing receivers open, throwing with touch, anticipating throws.

He needs to tighten his throwing motion, something he is working on right now. He has to cut down on his interceptions, as some of those 18 interceptions he threw this year where certainly on him trying to force throws and make plays. But he also lost Kelvin Benjamin & Kenny Shaw, talented and veteran wide receivers. Talented kids replaced them, but they were true freshman. It takes time to develop chemistry with receivers, and it took time. Wrong routes were ran, tipped passes and anticipating a receiver being somewhere and them not being there contributed to some of those interceptions as well. He went 40-10 in touchdown to INT ratio his redshirt freshman year, 25-18 his redshirt sophmore year.

In regards to his leadership on the field and around the football team, he is an Alpha Male, he leads by example and verbally. He has SWAG and easily get's along with all of his teammates. The one thing I remember about his leadership ability was in the Rose Bowl. RB Dalvin Cook, a true freshman rushed for over 1000 yards for FSU, and the kids is going to be special. He was a big part of why FSU got into the playoffs. But Dalvin also had 2 back breaking fumbles in the 2nd half of the Oregon game that help open the floodgates. His 1st fumble happened as FSU had taken the opening kickoff and was in position to score to take the lead. His 2nd fumble, which happened 2 series later allowed Oregon to jump to a double digit lead again. Things fell apart after that and Oregon ended up blowing out FSU.

Jameis came up to Dalvin and put his arms around him and tried to console him and pick his spirits up. He knew how important Dalvin had been and was going to continue to be. Dalvin took blame for the loss, as he was very disappointed. It was more than just Dalvin, as the defense struggled all year long and struggled in that game against Oregon.

The obvious concerns about Winston is off the field. No one can argue that you have to hope that this young man grows up and realizes that the mistakes he made in college CANNOT happen NOW. His maturity has been questioned and rightfully so. He is the reason that their is ANY question about him being the #1 pick.

There is such a thing as being book smart and having common sense smarts. I am and FSU fan, but I also can't sugar coat this and say that Jameis has shown an incredible lack of common sense and realizing that EVERYTHING he does will be scrutinized.

Teams will do their due diligence and then SOME. I give Winston credit for requesting to speak with Commissioner Goodell to speak about his past misdeeds. He fully knows what is expected of him.

I know this was a little long to say the least, but I wanted to try to be through.

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next