All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Ross is probably doing flips right now. He made a nice transition to the middle last year from the OLB position.

James Walker wrote:
Source: Dolphins will host Michigan LB Jake Ryan

The Miami Dolphins are scheduled to host former Michigan Wolverines linebacker Jake Ryan for a pre-draft visit on April 2, a source told ESPN.com.

Ryan led the Wolverines with 112 tackles and also recorded two sacks and an interception last season. According to ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper Jr., Ryan is this year's fifth-rated inside linebacker.

The Dolphins lost three linebackers this offseason and need to add depth at the position. They traded Dannell Ellerbe to the New Orleans Saints, cut Philip Wheeler and allowed Jason Trusnik to test free agency. Miami also was 24th against the run last season.

Each NFL team gets a maximum of 30 pre-draft visits.

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/ ... -jake-ryan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:04 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That information was in my Sunday Blog.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
That information was in my Sunday Blog.

Here is your outlook on the ILB position ...

Tony Simmons wrote:
We know the Dolphins have interest in ILB. Even though the Dolphins are saying they are happy with ILB Koa Misi, Mason Foster, the FA linebacker from Tampa Bay that recently signed with the Bears said Miami came in 2nd for his services. The Dolphins have shown interest in Clemson ILB Stephone Anthony and Miami ILB Denzel Perryman. Miami also has shown interest in Michigan ILB Jake Ryan and will have him in for a visit. BYU LB Alani Fua has recently caught there attention, as he ran a 4.49 at the BYU Pro Day. Georgia LB Ramik Wilson is another name to keep an eye on as well. A very interesting name that caught my attention was OLB/DE Lynden Trail of Norfolk State. He will be visiting the Davie complex on April 9-10. One last name to add is Utah State ILB Zach Vigil.

http://phinfever.com/index.php/9-blog/1 ... -the-draft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yes Sir......

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:04 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

They must be thinking 4th or 5th round for this tier of linebackers is my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:08 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
They must be thinking 4th or 5th round for this tier of linebackers is my opinion.

If they are looking at Anthony or Perriman, they are looking 2nd round.

The others that are being considered are mid round picks though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah, I knew the first two were essentially 2nd round guys, but the mere fact that they are exploring other linebackers at that 4th/5th pick is my guess is wide receiver and guard have to be two first main objectives. Those are the first two glaring holes logic would tell you. Linebacker/Safety/Corner etc afterwards.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:30 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Eric Kendricks in the 1st Round or Stephone Anthony in the 2nd Round would not disappoint me.

My sense is that neither is a likely option and Miami will address the position later in the draft.

By the way, Mason Foster only received an 800K contract from the Bears so if Miami's offer was lower then I highly doubt he was guaranteed a starting gig.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Right now, I am VERY concerned about the offensive line. Albert is no guarantee to be back 100%, so that is a concern coupled with the fact they are rolling the dice (at this point anyway) with Dallas Thomas and Bill Turner. Two HUGE concerns. One that has proven he sucks monkey balls and the other has not proven he can start in the NFL (yet).

If Tannehill doesn't have time to throw again, we are in for another long season for him getting battered.

Hopefully, the draft God's are good to us this year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:26 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

The middle of our defense needs some juice. And it can use a QB for the defense. I think a combo of Suh and Denzel would be a wrecking crew.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:45 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I will say that I'm starting to buy into the concern that Miami will have to take an o-line guy in either Round 1 or 2 simply because the leftovers in Rds 4-7 might not be able to beat out Dallas Thomas this year. This is the price you pay for not addressing the position in FA.

Setting aside the idea of drafting BPA, we all knew Miami would need 2 WR, CB, OG, ILB and S going into the draft. They basically spent their 3rd Rounder on a WR and probably shored up safety by re-signing Louis Delmas and Michael Thomas.

Its possible Misi, Sheppard or even Tripp could win the starting job so perhaps rookie depth is the direction they go at ILB. Perhaps a Jake Ryan type makes the most sense this year.

If Miami trades back then the whole story changes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:51 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

When I look at the guard options for us, I just don't see a huge difference between the 2nd round options and the 3rd or 4th round options. So I'd rather take a playmaking linebacker or wide receiver in round 2.

You can get a Robert Myers or a Mitch Morse in round 4 who probably fit our zone scheme better than 2nd round maulers AJ Cann and Laken Tomlinson.

And even if we take Marpet (who is an athletic zone guard) in round 2 or 3...he is a developmental project and couldn't be used this year as a starter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:01 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Oh a player from Michigan. Wonder who's behind this decision?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:41 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

PADOLFAN wrote:

Ross may be a lot of things, but I feel comfortable in the fact that he let's his football people do their job.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:19 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
PADOLFAN wrote:

Ross may be a lot of things, but I feel comfortable in the fact that he let's his football people do their job.

Lets see. Michigan was 3-5 Big Ten, 5-7 over all, 0-3 against top 25. I watch a lot of Big Ten games and I don't remember him or anyone else from last year's team looking great. I think we're all kidding ourselves if we don't think the Putz, like Dan Snyder, either directly or through his suck ups, keep looking to Michigan for talent. When they hit on a second or third rounder from the draft who starts, I'll change my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
When I look at the guard options for us, I just don't see a huge difference between the 2nd round options and the 3rd or 4th round options. So I'd rather take a playmaking linebacker or wide receiver in round 2.

You can get a Robert Myers or a Mitch Morse in round 4 who probably fit our zone scheme better than 2nd round maulers AJ Cann and Laken Tomlinson.

And even if we take Marpet (who is an athletic zone guard) in round 2 or 3...he is a developmental project and couldn't be used this year as a starter.

I respect your opinion Swerve, and you may be right, but I think if we did draft Marpet ( hope, hope) that he would be our starter from day one, because I think he's a special talent, normally I would agree 100% with your assessment on that, I just happen to think he'll be the exception to the rule.

He has an incredibly rare combination of intelligence, toughness, work ethic and competitive drive, to go with his rare combination of strength and agility.

His showing at the senior bowl is indicative of this, he made an incredible jump up in the talent he faced, coming from div III, and he not only held his own, he was one of the stars of senior bowl week, and here's the kicker, he did that while playing a position he had never played on any level.

That is mind boggling, it would seem impossible if it didn't actually happen, this kid is beyond impressive, I really hope we draft him in the 2nd.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]