View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:07 am



Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 My friend ran into Darren Sharper 
Author Message
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post My friend ran into Darren Sharper
My friend that works at the beach (restaurant "Friday's") just told me he ran into Sharper. He spoke to him briefly and Sharper told him that he did speak to the Dolphin organization but "they weren't willing to break bread" Sharper said. He also said that this would be his last season and would retire a Saint.

I was really pulling for Sharper to become a Dolphin but oh well.


Fri May 07, 2010 8:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
Wonder how much bread he was asking for?.........and for just 1 year at that.

_________________
Image


Fri May 07, 2010 8:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
So in a brief conversation with a stranger, Darren Sharper told him not only that he spoke with the Dolphins organization but also his career plans to retire following this season.......
Seems reasonable.

_________________
Image


Fri May 07, 2010 8:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
Iowafin wrote:
So in a brief conversation with a stranger, Darren Sharper told him not only that he spoke with the Dolphins organization but also his career plans to retire following this season.......
Seems reasonable.

lol.... :grin:

_________________
Image


Fri May 07, 2010 8:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 894
Location: Orlando, Fl
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
That is fine. Bringing in a veteran for a year or two is not going to help development of the young guys we have at that position right now. Though I would have liked to have had Sharper.


Sat May 08, 2010 4:05 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8940
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
TheCarver13 wrote:
I was really pulling for Sharper to become a Dolphin but oh well.


I've always liked Sharper's play on the field. He's always been exciting to watch. Still, I was on the fence about this. Time just caught up with him.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Sat May 08, 2010 6:25 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3423
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
Big Dave wrote:
TheCarver13 wrote:
I was really pulling for Sharper to become a Dolphin but oh well.


I've always liked Sharper's play on the field. He's always been exciting to watch. Still, I was on the fence about this. Time just caught up with him.


Darren is coming off of microfracture surgery on his knee as well.

_________________
Image


Sat May 08, 2010 3:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
Quote:
So in a brief conversation with a stranger, Darren Sharper told him not only that he spoke with the Dolphins organization but also his career plans to retire following this season.......
Seems reasonable.


My friend has never been one to lie. He also sent me the pictures he took with him.

What is so hard to believe that he spoke to the Dolphins???
Why else is it hard to believe that he said he would retire after this season??? He is old and players have come and said that publicly all the time (Favre most famous one).

Iowafin just because you have never run into a pro athlete or any kind of celebrity doesn't mean that other people don't. South Beach is full of them everyday and my friend works in the beach. So save the sarcasm.


Sat May 08, 2010 5:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
TheCarver13 wrote:

Iowafin just because you have never run into a pro athlete or any kind of celebrity doesn't mean that other people don't. South Beach is full of them everyday and my friend works in the beach. So save the sarcasm.


Lighten up. It's good for your health.

_________________
Image


Sat May 08, 2010 5:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
TheCarver13 wrote:

What is so hard to believe that he spoke to the Dolphins???
Why else is it hard to believe that he said he would retire after this season??? He is old and players have come and said that publicly all the time (Favre most famous one)..


I think you missed the point. It isn't hard to believe he talked to the Dolphins, nor is is hard to believe that old players retire and come out and say when they will do it.
What is hard to say, is that Darren Sharper told some stranger that he plans to retire, yet there has been no word of that anywhere else. Like you said, players say that publicly. Also, like you mentioned, people like Favre change their minds all the time....so I highly doubt Sharper himself even knows when he will retire, let alone your friend.

_________________
Image


Sat May 08, 2010 5:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
Quote:
What is hard to say, is that Darren Sharper told some stranger that he plans to retire, yet there has been no word of that anywhere else. Like you said, players say that publicly. Also, like you mentioned, people like Favre change their minds all the time....


Just because athletes change theirs minds doesn't mean that right now Sharper doesn't feel a certain way and just because you have not heard it on the news does not mean anything lol.

Quote:
so I highly doubt Sharper himself even knows when he will retire, let alone your friend.


I never said my friend sees the future and knows when Sharper will retire. Wow people love to twist words up and misconstrue things.

I don't get on here to make up lies and dumb posts. Take it or leave it...


Sat May 08, 2010 5:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
The Saints can keep Sharper as far as I'm concerned. I think our staff is perfectly happy with the guys we already have. We're trying to build this team through the draft and I think either Clemons, Culver, or Jones will do a fine job. If we kept these young guys off the field then we would be taking a step back in my opinion.


Sat May 08, 2010 8:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
wkloiber13 wrote:
The Saints can keep Sharper as far as I'm concerned. I think our staff is perfectly happy with the guys we already have. We're trying to build this team through the draft and I think either Clemons, Culver, or Jones will do a fine job. If we kept these young guys off the field then we would be taking a step back in my opinion.

Same here....why bring in a guy who wont be around long,hell thats why they let Portor & JT go those guys aren't going to be around for long. We are starting young and new and players who can give us more than just 1 year at best

_________________
Image


Sat May 08, 2010 9:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5641
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
Iowafin wrote:
]

Lighten up. It's good for your health.


.... or you could stop harassing people. It's good for your health. :ann0y:

_________________
Image


Sun May 09, 2010 11:57 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
Rock Sexton wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
]

Lighten up. It's good for your health.


.... or you could stop harassing people. It's good for your health. :ann0y:


Harassing makes me feel better about myself.

_________________
Image


Sun May 09, 2010 12:25 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: My friend ran into Darren Sharper
Iowafin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
]

Lighten up. It's good for your health.


.... or you could stop harassing people. It's good for your health. :ann0y:


Harassing makes me feel better about myself.

We need a 'like' option (like Facebook has) for this forum.

[like] this post
:)


Sun May 09, 2010 12:32 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Phinsforever and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.