Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:08 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

These 8 teams improved the most in their divisions this offseason

The Eagles, led by their selection of QB Carson Wentz, are among the teams that improved the most within their divisions.

AFC East: Miami Dolphins

Free agency grade: C-

Key additions: CB Byron Maxwell, DE Mario Williams, LB Kiko Alonso, OT Jermon Bushrod, S Isa Abdul-Quddus, DE Andre Branch

Key losses: DE Olivier Vernon, CB Brent Grimes, RB Lamar Miller, DE Derrick Shelby, CB Brice McCain, WR Rishard Matthews, DE Quinton Coples

Draft grade: A-

Key additions: OT Laremy Tunsil, CB Xavien Howard, RB Kenyan Drake, WR Leonte Carroo, WR Jakeem Grant, S Jordan Lucas, QB Brandon Doughty, WR Thomas Duarte

After adding several defensive players through trade and free agency, the Dolphins clearly went into the draft looking to address their offense, as six of their eight selections were offensive players. Due to off-field concerns, the Dolphins were able to draft Laremy Tunsil, arguably the best player in the draft, at 13th overall. Tunsil will instantly make the Dolphins’ offensive line more athletic and effective in protecting quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

The Dolphins also placed several new weapons around Tannehill in pass-catching running back Kenyan Drake, very underrated and highly productive wide receiver Leonte Carroo, a flex tight end in Thomas Duarte, and the speedy Jakeem Grant. Tannehill ranked just No. 25 in our quarterback grades in 2015, and needs to have a better 2016 if the Dolphins are going to make a playoff push. The Dolphins also added a potential backup quarterback in Brandon Doughty, who was highly accurate and highly productive in college, finishing as our No. 3-graded quarterback in the draft class.

While the Patriots are still the elite team in the AFC East, the Dolphins gained more ground on the Patriots than the Jets or Bills did during free agency and the draft.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

How many years have we heard about the Phins making a run at the Pats in the offseason? I'll avoid holding my breath.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:29 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

If the OL stays reasonably healthy this offense should crush it.

While I don't think they will run it as much as I would like they will probably use a heck of a lot of quick passes to the running backs to consistently move the ball.

I'm excited about this Carroo kid. Seems like a great Rishard Matthews replacement who Tannehill will target often.

Speaking of Tannehill, I read he just bought a 4 million dollar home in Ft Lauderdale. Doesn't sound like a guy who thinks his future is up in the air over the next 12 months.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:13 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

This team will make a run at the Pats this season and leave them in their dust.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:31 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Offseason...it is like some sort of fantasy land...flowery meadows and rainbow skies and rivers made of chocolate where the fans danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:19 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Not on this forum, here "where seldom is heard an encouraging word and the skies are all cloudy all day". At least for some, anyway. There's nothing wrong with hoping for the best, even if we have every right to be skeptical.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:36 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I love eating :crap for 20 yrs while being told its filet mignon. I'm pumped for 2016. More filet.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:37 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:
Not on this forum, here "where seldom is heard an encouraging word and the skies are all cloudy all day". At least for some, anyway. There's nothing wrong with hoping for the best, even if we have every right to be skeptical.

Don't talk about Finesse like that.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]