All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5495
Location: Columbia, SC
Glad to see this FINALLY get done.


Adam Schefter Verified account
‏@AdamSchefter

Dolphins are giving Cameron Wake a 2-year, $15 million extension including $10 million fully guaranteed at signing, per source.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5495
Location: Columbia, SC
Don't know where this puts Cam's cap number, but it goes down.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 6m6 minutes ago

Wake would have carried a $9.8M cap figure this year. That obviously goes down.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
Quote:
Adam Schefter Verified account
‏@AdamSchefter

Dolphins are giving Cameron Wake a 2-year, $15 million extension including $10 million fully guaranteed at signing, per source.

:hithead:


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:26 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 3546
Good. Let's use that cap savings to sign Leon Hall and some more veteran depth.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 20716
Location: Raleigh, NC
I love Cam Wake. This is a gamble that he will get back his quickness after the injury. I'm hoping for the best.

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
Big Dave wrote:
I love Cam Wake. This is a gamble that he will get back his quickness after the injury. I'm hoping for the best.

I see not one reason to give a 34 yr old him more money now. As you stated. We have to gamble now that he will return, but 34 yr old legs are not the same as 24 yr old legs. IMO he was already slowing down last yr before his injury.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:57 am 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 3546
Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
I love Cam Wake. This is a gamble that he will get back his quickness after the injury. I'm hoping for the best.

I see not one reason to give a 34 yr old him more money now. As you stated. We have to gamble now that he will return, but 34 yr old legs are not the same as 24 yr old legs. IMO he was already slowing down last yr before his injury.


Really? You don't see one reason to re-sign our best proven pass rusher and the only Dolphin player from the last decade that can be legitimately considered a great player? Yes, his future is unsure and his best days are behind him, but he's worth the gamble. At least, that is what the front office believes. Play this out; we don't resign him, he comes back and plays at a high level this year and then we lose him in free agency and then you and others are on these boards blasting the team for not extending him when we had the chance. That's a pretty believable scenario. So here are a few reasons:

1. We have no young pass rushers with anything on their resume. We need him for another year or two while we find some.
2. It brought us some cap relief to be able to get some more veteran depth this season.
3. It's smart PR. In an offseason when we got blasted for letting some young talent go, keeping Cam for the rest of his career makes the fans happy.

For the record, can you name one move they made this off-season that you liked? You're sort of like the anti-Finesse. You're the relentless negative ying to his relentless optimist yang.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:29 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 10368
Location: Fargo, ND
k-dash wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
I love Cam Wake. This is a gamble that he will get back his quickness after the injury. I'm hoping for the best.

I see not one reason to give a 34 yr old him more money now. As you stated. We have to gamble now that he will return, but 34 yr old legs are not the same as 24 yr old legs. IMO he was already slowing down last yr before his injury.




You're sort of like the anti-Finesse. You're the relentless negative ying to his relentless optimist yang.


You do realize that Finesse is using sarcasm in all his posts right?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5495
Location: Columbia, SC
Disagree. Cam had 7 sacks in 7 games before he tore the Achilles. Was killing the Patriots before he got injured.

I can understand the concern NOW in regards to the guaranteed dollars Miami is giving Cam now, but he was playing well before the injury, and certainly much better than Vernon was. And this signing will lower his cap number.

I have said and still believe that Cam will be a situational player, but the way this man works, there a chance he could prove me wrong. Miami would be smart to be careful how they use him though.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
k-dash wrote:
Really? You don't see one reason to re-sign our best proven pass rusher and the only Dolphin player from the last decade that can be legitimately considered a great player? Yes, his future is unsure and his best days are behind him, but he's worth the gamble. At least, that is what the front office believes. Play this out; we don't resign him, he comes back and plays at a high level this year and then we lose him in free agency and then you and others are on these boards blasting the team for not extending him when we had the chance. That's a pretty believable scenario. So here are a few reasons:

1. We have no young pass rushers with anything on their resume. We need him for another year or two while we find some.
2. It brought us some cap relief to be able to get some more veteran depth this season.
3. It's smart PR. In an offseason when we got blasted for letting some young talent go, keeping Cam for the rest of his career makes the fans happy.

I see zero reason to extend Cam. No one can make an argement that signing him for 2017 was a smart move. Heck I'd cut his backside instead of paying 9.5 to him this yr. I will never blast a team for letting a 35 yr old go with leg issues. I do not like teams paying players for what they once could do.

1. Why does Miami not have a young pass rusher? They let one walk in FA because they were to stupid to lock him up sooner at a cheaper price, then did not go after a young pass rusher in the draft. Instead drafting Wrs.
2. So Miami tries up future cap space for vets that will not be here then.
3. I personally am not attached to Cam. I do not get attached to players. When they are used up get rid of them. Its a business. Lets see how happy those fans are if Cam is a shell of his former self and not getting to the QB.

k-dash wrote:
For the record, can you name one move they made this off-season that you liked? You're sort of like the anti-Finesse. You're the relentless negative ying to his relentless optimist yang.
Drafting Tunsil. Moving down in Rd. 1 for two question mark players that Philly wanted to unload their contract was not a smart move IMO. Tunsil video bailed them out or they would have been left drafting another injured player in Rd. 1.

They moved Murry for a swap of 4th rd. pick is how badly they were wanting rid of players. Most everyone loves Alonso. He was good in 2013, but only able to start 1 game since.

Letting their young stud RB go was also a bad decision, unless they had confidence in Ajayi. Which going out & signing CJ Anderson proved they were not.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
phinsfansc wrote:
Disagree. Cam had 7 sacks in 7 games before he tore the Achilles. Was killing the Patriots before he got injured.

I can understand the concern NOW in regards to the guaranteed dollars Miami is giving Cam now, but he was playing well before the injury, and certainly much better than Vernon was. And this signing will lower his cap number.

I have said and still believe that Cam will be a situational player, but the way this man works, there a chance he could prove me wrong. Miami would be smart to be careful how they use him though.

Look deep into the sack total.

That is six of his seven sacks against a really bad team & I have no clue what happened with Houston team that day, but they never showed up to play.

Game 1: Zero
Game 2: Zero
Game 3: Zero
Game 4: Four. Against a bad Tenn team & Miami first game with Campbell.
Game 5: Two. Against the Texans who really looked unprepared.
Game 6: One - Not sure what game you were watching but Miami got beat 36-7 and were never in that game. Losing 22-7 when Wake was hurt.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:25 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 1945
I love Wake and he was a difference maker for the Dolphins. However until I see what he can do post-achilles injury, I can't really say whether or not the contract extension was worth it. I do think being stupid and setting up Vernon to walk was a very bad move though.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5495
Location: Columbia, SC
I did watch the New England game dude, and the defense was on the field a good bit of that game. The offense did NOTHING and the defense eventually wore down. If you want to remember the game differently, you go right ahead.

Bad team and an team unprepared? Like how you diminish what Wake did.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:03 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 3546
Phin wrote:
k-dash wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
I love Cam Wake. This is a gamble that he will get back his quickness after the injury. I'm hoping for the best.

I see not one reason to give a 34 yr old him more money now. As you stated. We have to gamble now that he will return, but 34 yr old legs are not the same as 24 yr old legs. IMO he was already slowing down last yr before his injury.




You're sort of like the anti-Finesse. You're the relentless negative ying to his relentless optimist yang.


You do realize that Finesse is using sarcasm in all his posts right?


Yes, I do. I was just making a point about how extreme the posts are.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:13 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 3546
Dphins4me wrote:
k-dash wrote:
Really? You don't see one reason to re-sign our best proven pass rusher and the only Dolphin player from the last decade that can be legitimately considered a great player? Yes, his future is unsure and his best days are behind him, but he's worth the gamble. At least, that is what the front office believes. Play this out; we don't resign him, he comes back and plays at a high level this year and then we lose him in free agency and then you and others are on these boards blasting the team for not extending him when we had the chance. That's a pretty believable scenario. So here are a few reasons:

1. We have no young pass rushers with anything on their resume. We need him for another year or two while we find some.
2. It brought us some cap relief to be able to get some more veteran depth this season.
3. It's smart PR. In an offseason when we got blasted for letting some young talent go, keeping Cam for the rest of his career makes the fans happy.

I see zero reason to extend Cam. No one can make an argement that signing him for 2017 was a smart move. Heck I'd cut his backside instead of paying 9.5 to him this yr. I will never blast a team for letting a 35 yr old go with leg issues. I do not like teams paying players for what they once could do.

1. Why does Miami not have a young pass rusher? They let one walk in FA because they were to stupid to lock him up sooner at a cheaper price, then did not go after a young pass rusher in the draft. Instead drafting Wrs.
2. So Miami tries up future cap space for vets that will not be here then.
3. I personally am not attached to Cam. I do not get attached to players. When they are used up get rid of them. Its a business. Lets see how happy those fans are if Cam is a shell of his former self and not getting to the QB.

k-dash wrote:
For the record, can you name one move they made this off-season that you liked? You're sort of like the anti-Finesse. You're the relentless negative ying to his relentless optimist yang.
Drafting Tunsil. Moving down in Rd. 1 for two question mark players that Philly wanted to unload their contract was not a smart move IMO. Tunsil video bailed them out or they would have been left drafting another injured player in Rd. 1.

They moved Murry for a swap of 4th rd. pick is how badly they were wanting rid of players. Most everyone loves Alonso. He was good in 2013, but only able to start 1 game since.

Letting their young stud RB go was also a bad decision, unless they had confidence in Ajayi. Which going out & signing CJ Anderson proved they were not.


So, I asked if you could name 1 move you liked, and you gave me one. And then listed several more things you don't like. If Alonso doesn't play well or can't stay healthy, Cam is a shell of his former self, the WRs we drafted don't make an impact, and none of our RBs prove themselves, then all of your doubts will be proven. I am going to with-hold judgment until then. I am optimistic that the 1st round trade down will end up proving smart for all 3 players we got. We drafted BPA, not need. I don't have a problem with the strategy.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
phinsfansc wrote:
I did watch the New England game dude, and the defense was on the field a good bit of that game. The offense did NOTHING and the defense eventually wore down. If you want to remember the game differently, you go right ahead.

Bad team and an team unprepared? Like how you diminish what Wake did.

No where did I state you did not watch the game. Just wondered what game you were watching as opposed to the actual game everyone else watched..

Miami was never in the game. IMO Miami suffered from being extremely pumped up for the 2 prior games and then could not get back up on a short travel week. Have nothing to do with being unprepared. Just emotionally exhausted. I was pretty sure they were going to get their backside handed to the

Not sure what I did that diminished what he did. All I did was provide the facts.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
k-dash wrote:
[
So, I asked if you could name 1 move you liked, and you gave me one. And then listed several more things you don't like. If Alonso doesn't play well or can't stay healthy, Cam is a shell of his former self, the WRs we drafted don't make an impact, and none of our RBs prove themselves, then all of your doubts will be proven. I am going to with-hold judgment until then. I am optimistic that the 1st round trade down will end up proving smart for all 3 players we got. We drafted BPA, not need. I don't have a problem with the strategy.

I do not dislike having Alonso/Maxwell. I just did not like the price. However, a video made this point moot. IMO.

Never said I had any doubts about the Wr.

Miami did not draft BPA. They traded up to get a player. So they were targeting that player.

I have no issues with counting on Ajayi. Its why I thought they drafted him. I'm just confused as to why one would let Miller go, just then offering up FA money to another RB. 8 million difference between the two contracts. Anderson has injury issues & so far Miller has not.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5495
Location: Columbia, SC
Dphins4me wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
I did watch the New England game dude, and the defense was on the field a good bit of that game. The offense did NOTHING and the defense eventually wore down. If you want to remember the game differently, you go right ahead.

Bad team and an team unprepared? Like how you diminish what Wake did.

No where did I state you did not watch the game. Just wondered what game you were watching as opposed to the actual game everyone else watched..

Miami was never in the game. IMO Miami suffered from being extremely pumped up for the 2 prior games and then could not get back up on a short travel week. Have nothing to do with being unprepared. Just emotionally exhausted. I was pretty sure they were going to get their backside handed to the

Not sure what I did that diminished what he did. All I did was provide the facts.



When someone ask me what game I was watching, it like saying you did not watch the game. What I see and what you see are two different things though, and that pretty apparent.

How in the world is not saying playing against a bad team and playing against an unprepared team not taking away from the sacks Cam got? It's the NFL. You still competing against pros. One of those sacks were against the Patriots before he got hurt.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
phinsfansc wrote:

When someone ask me what game I was watching, it like saying you did not watch the game. What I see and what you see are two different things though, and that pretty apparent.
Moving on.

phinsfansc wrote:
How in the world is not saying playing against a bad team and playing against an unprepared team not taking away from the sacks Cam got? It's the NFL. You still competing against pros. One of those sacks were against the Patriots before he got hurt.
Miami played their two best games after Philbin was fired. Campbell was a huge emotional bump then. Its not lost on me that Wake had 6 sacks in those games. That is 6 of his 7 sacks. Sorry, but I cannot discount he has zero sacks prior to Campbell being the HC and in fact was pretty much a no show in those games. 4 games = 1 tackle/zero sacks.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5495
Location: Columbia, SC
Yes indeed. Moving On.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 6764
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Nice to see us keeping our own. Even if it is more of a thank you for what you have done in the past rather than what you can do in the future this is another good signing in what has been an amazing off season. And it would not surprise me to see Wake back playing at the high level we are used to.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:26 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:04 pm
Posts: 462
Why even respond to with nonsense ? Vernon would not sign before the contract was up...the Dolphins offered multiple times, but he wasn't having it...I have got to think that the coaching staff in place at the time had a lot to do with him wanting to test the market...and with Miller, his lack of usage here was the biggest issue...but some people don't like facts when it interferes with their already established narrative...


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
rea7474 wrote:
Why even respond to with nonsense ? Vernon would not sign before the contract was up...the Dolphins offered multiple times, but he wasn't having it...I have got to think that the coaching staff in place at the time had a lot to do with him wanting to test the market...and with Miller, his lack of usage here was the biggest issue...but some people don't like facts when it interferes with their already established narrative...
When did Miami make an offer to Vernon prior to 2015 season?

Money talks to players. Nothing else. Had Miami offered Miller fair market value, then he would have signed.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:47 am 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 3546
Frankly, OV hadn't earned much prior to last year, and he still hasn't earned the contract he got. That subject is well-worn. And to say that money is all that matters to players is choosing to ignore facts. Players go where the money is, yes, but they also look at scheme fit, where they can compete to start, win a championship, know the coaches etc.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 20716
Location: Raleigh, NC
Dphins4me wrote:
When did Miami make an offer to Vernon prior to 2015 season?

Money talks to players. Nothing else. Had Miami offered Miller fair market value, then he would have signed.


It would have been smart to offer Vernon an extension prior to last year, but they didn't. He was always a good and consistent player for us. Hopefully the front office will learn from that mistake. They probably should have tried to extent Miller, too. Of the two, I think the Dolphins should have resigned Miller after the season, but I am comfortable with Ajayi.

I don't blame Vernon for going after the money. It's a business and he was not interested in a home town discount. The Giants will be looking at the contract and he'll have the same feel as we do in buying a new car. It's all fun and exciting until the first payment. Then he will be deemed as too expensive ... just as we think of Suh.

When you are overpaying for other teams players in free agency then you didn't draft well, or you feel you are one player away from winning a Super Bowl. We fit in the former group.

I like the Cam Wake extension, but we did not need to do it. We had the cap room. If we cut him after this season then we'll be eating dead money because of this contract. I have a feeling that Cam Wake will play well for us this year.

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 20716
Location: Raleigh, NC
phinsfansc wrote:
When someone ask me what game I was watching, it like saying you did not watch the game. What I see and what you see are two different things though, and that pretty apparent.

How in the world is not saying playing against a bad team and playing against an unprepared team not taking away from the sacks Cam got? It's the NFL. You still competing against pros. One of those sacks were against the Patriots before he got hurt.


I thought he was playing very well, too.

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5690
Location: Houston, Texas
I like the Cam signing and I believe he will be even more motivated as he knows he basically has a second chance in his life as an NFL player. Terrell Suggs came back from his achilles injury and so did Brent Grimes and both those guys continued playing at a high level. Cam is a workout fanatic and although age does become a factor, athletes nowadays are taking even better care of themselves when using all the modern tools along with eating well and training well. Cam does all the above.

I would not be shocked one bit if he wins comeback player of the year and goes to the Pro Bowl.

Look for double digit sacks from him.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5866
Location: Wellington, FL
Finhead34 wrote:

I would not be shocked one bit if he wins comeback player of the year



Dion Jordan agent said hes getting that award this year

:fart:


My 2 cents:
Wake was the best 4-3 DE in the NFL for a couple years.. Not top 5, BEST!! His paycheck reflected in the area of to 10-15...
He never sat out, never griped, and always gave his all.. If there is a type of player that deserves to be overpaid at the end of his career its Wake...

Wake is a beast... Team activities have started, Wake has been present since day one regardless of not getting this done prior to, now the team sees him out moving around etc, gets it done..

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 4:56 pm
Posts: 6859
I would rather have OV myself...... Wake is weak vs. the run old and disappears in long stretches....

OV should have been franchised and the should have used the money they are paying Wake....
That's why the two moves are related.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:57 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:05 pm
Posts: 77
10acjed wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

I would not be shocked one bit if he wins comeback player of the year



Dion Jordan agent said hes getting that award this year

:fart:


My 2 cents:
Wake was the best 4-3 DE in the NFL for a couple years.. Not top 5, BEST!! His paycheck reflected in the area of to 10-15...
He never sat out, never griped, and always gave his all.. If there is a type of player that deserves to be overpaid at the end of his career its Wake...

Wake is a beast... Team activities have started, Wake has been present since day one regardless of not getting this done prior to, now the team sees him out moving around etc, gets it done..


Maybe we get lucky and they win Co-comeback player of the year.

:yay: :yay: :yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
k-dash wrote:
Frankly, OV hadn't earned much prior to last year, and he still hasn't earned the contract he got. That subject is well-worn. And to say that money is all that matters to players is choosing to ignore facts. Players go where the money is, yes, but they also look at scheme fit, where they can compete to start, win a championship, know the coaches etc.

Rarely do players earn the contract they get.

Dash, I do not know what facts you are referencing. There is a who's who's of players that signed for the most money with teams that use schemes that do not match their ability. Heck Maxwell did just that with Philly.

Its nice to believe players play for other reason, but they want to get paid first and foremost. Its why players like Eric Decker leave a stud team like Denver for perinnial loser NYJ.. Its why Osweler leaves the SB champs and starting job for hope in Houston for 2 million more. Super Bowl champions loses players every yr because they want to get paid. Its why they play. Its their job.

Everything else will be worked out later.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
10acjed wrote:

Dion Jordan agent said hes getting that award this year
..
That would be like when Drew Brees won the award back in '04. What did he come back from? Sucking?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:11 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 3546
Dphins4me wrote:
k-dash wrote:
Frankly, OV hadn't earned much prior to last year, and he still hasn't earned the contract he got. That subject is well-worn. And to say that money is all that matters to players is choosing to ignore facts. Players go where the money is, yes, but they also look at scheme fit, where they can compete to start, win a championship, know the coaches etc.

Rarely do players earn the contract they get.

Dash, I do not know what facts you are referencing. There is a who's who's of players that signed for the most money with teams that use schemes that do not match their ability. Heck Maxwell did just that with Philly.

Its nice to believe players play for other reason, but they want to get paid first and foremost. Its why players like Eric Decker leave a stud team like Denver for perinnial loser NYJ.. Its why Osweler leaves the SB champs and starting job for hope in Houston for 2 million more. Super Bowl champions loses players every yr because they want to get paid. Its why they play. Its their job.

Everything else will be worked out later.


As much as it hurts me to say this, players sign with New England almost every year for LESS money than offered elsewhere for the chance to win a championship. Leon Hall left NY and Atlanta w/o a contract, and supposedly is wanting a contract in Miami b/c he wants to play for Vance Joseph. I could go on, but players taking less money to play for a team they want to play for for other reasons is hardly unheard of. I'm not denying that players want to get paid, but you are denying that cash is not ALWAYS the final decision maker. Heck, if that weren't true, Brady wouldn't keep re-upping in New England, because there's no doubt if he let himself go to free agency any of the last few times he would have cashed in a lot more that he is now.

I'm moving on now.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
k-dash wrote:

As much as it hurts me to say this, players sign with New England almost every year for LESS money than offered elsewhere for the chance to win a championship. Leon Hall left NY and Atlanta w/o a contract, and supposedly is wanting a contract in Miami b/c he wants to play for Vance Joseph. I could go on, but players taking less money to play for a team they want to play for for other reasons is hardly unheard of. I'm not denying that players want to get paid, but you are denying that cash is not ALWAYS the final decision maker. Heck, if that weren't true, Brady wouldn't keep re-upping in New England, because there's no doubt if he let himself go to free agency any of the last few times he would have cashed in a lot more that he is now.

I'm moving on now.

Rare is the day a player turns down more money. I'm not saying it never happens. I'm saying for everyone 1 that does there is 100 that didn't.

You do realize who Tom Brady is married to?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1218
Location: Hagerstown, MD
First.. Lets dispel the myth that Wake has slowed down. Wake entered the season with a nagging injury. He began to heal and his play noticeably improved. Was playing him on said injury a smart move? Probably not. As I recall it was on the same leg his Achilles tear was. Perhaps his leg was guarding those weeks and caused more strain on his Achilles. . Eventually having it pop on him.

However, it was clear that as he was getting healthy he was the same old Cam Wake. Explosive and dangerous as a pass rusher. You can make the argument that the injury may slow him down. But, I wouldn't use his age as leverage in a debate.. And if I were a betting man.. Which I actually am.. I'd bet on someone who keeps their body in perfect physical condition at all times and has amazing work ethic and inherent athleticism.

FURTHERMORE.. People act like 15 million over 2 years is somehow a big deal. Lmao.. 7.5 million a year is a fricken steal even for a Cam Wake at 75%. Heck he was scheduled to make over 9 this year as it is. (Now of course it is less.. because of the extension) Go look at what OV is getting paid yearly. Age aside.. PRODUCTION is what matters. And I'd be willing to make a month long Sig bet that if BOTH OV and Wake stay healthy this year and both play majority of starters reps. That Wake out performs OV. Probably by at least 3 or 4 sacks.

One last thing. Cam Wake has played and been loyal to this team for YEARS. Taking less money to stay where he wants to finish what he's started. All that man has ever REALLY wanted was to get a shot at a Superbowl. He's been a veritable BARGAIN. EVEN if you wanna argue with anything else I just said. Miami owed this man the chance to retire a Dolphin.. And paying him a mostly AVERAGE starting pass rushing DE salary... after being a bargain for years is the least we can do. Money is not and has not been a problem for this regime. The sooner people realize that. The sooner they can stop worrying about these things. The Dolphins have consistently moved things around. Created room.. and been quite clever with structuring contracts.. And every year we have the money to do what we need to do.. So I say.. Fuhgetaboutit

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:16 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:04 pm
Posts: 462
Let's be honest, Williams, used correctly is twice the player OV has ever been...and we got him for a stealll


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:57 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 3546
hypocritex wrote:
First.. Lets dispel the myth that Wake has slowed down. Wake entered the season with a nagging injury. He began to heal and his play noticeably improved. Was playing him on said injury a smart move? Probably not. As I recall it was on the same leg his Achilles tear was. Perhaps his leg was guarding those weeks and caused more strain on his Achilles. . Eventually having it pop on him.

However, it was clear that as he was getting healthy he was the same old Cam Wake. Explosive and dangerous as a pass rusher. You can make the argument that the injury may slow him down. But, I wouldn't use his age as leverage in a debate.. And if I were a betting man.. Which I actually am.. I'd bet on someone who keeps their body in perfect physical condition at all times and has amazing work ethic and inherent athleticism.

FURTHERMORE.. People act like 15 million over 2 years is somehow a big deal. Lmao.. 7.5 million a year is a fricken steal even for a Cam Wake at 75%. Heck he was scheduled to make over 9 this year as it is. (Now of course it is less.. because of the extension) Go look at what OV is getting paid yearly. Age aside.. PRODUCTION is what matters. And I'd be willing to make a month long Sig bet that if BOTH OV and Wake stay healthy this year and both play majority of starters reps. That Wake out performs OV. Probably by at least 3 or 4 sacks.

One last thing. Cam Wake has played and been loyal to this team for YEARS. Taking less money to stay where he wants to finish what he's started. All that man has ever REALLY wanted was to get a shot at a Superbowl. He's been a veritable BARGAIN. EVEN if you wanna argue with anything else I just said. Miami owed this man the chance to retire a Dolphin.. And paying him a mostly AVERAGE starting pass rushing DE salary... after being a bargain for years is the least we can do. Money is not and has not been a problem for this regime. The sooner people realize that. The sooner they can stop worrying about these things. The Dolphins have consistently moved things around. Created room.. and been quite clever with structuring contracts.. And every year we have the money to do what we need to do.. So I say.. Fuhgetaboutit


Case. Closed. :awe:


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7204
hypocritex wrote:
First.. Lets dispel the myth that Wake has slowed down. Wake entered the season with a nagging injury. He began to heal and his play noticeably improved. Was playing him on said injury a smart move? Probably not. As I recall it was on the same leg his Achilles tear was. Perhaps his leg was guarding those weeks and caused more strain on his Achilles. . Eventually having it pop on him.

However, it was clear that as he was getting healthy he was the same old Cam Wake. Explosive and dangerous as a pass rusher. You can make the argument that the injury may slow him down. But, I wouldn't use his age as leverage in a debate.. And if I were a betting man.. Which I actually am.. I'd bet on someone who keeps their body in perfect physical condition at all times and has amazing work ethic and inherent athleticism.

FURTHERMORE.. People act like 15 million over 2 years is somehow a big deal. Lmao.. 7.5 million a year is a fricken steal even for a Cam Wake at 75%. Heck he was scheduled to make over 9 this year as it is. (Now of course it is less.. because of the extension) Go look at what OV is getting paid yearly. Age aside.. PRODUCTION is what matters. And I'd be willing to make a month long Sig bet that if BOTH OV and Wake stay healthy this year and both play majority of starters reps. That Wake out performs OV. Probably by at least 3 or 4 sacks.

One last thing. Cam Wake has played and been loyal to this team for YEARS. Taking less money to stay where he wants to finish what he's started. All that man has ever REALLY wanted was to get a shot at a Superbowl. He's been a veritable BARGAIN. EVEN if you wanna argue with anything else I just said. Miami owed this man the chance to retire a Dolphin.. And paying him a mostly AVERAGE starting pass rushing DE salary... after being a bargain for years is the least we can do. Money is not and has not been a problem for this regime. The sooner people realize that. The sooner they can stop worrying about these things. The Dolphins have consistently moved things around. Created room.. and been quite clever with structuring contracts.. And every year we have the money to do what we need to do.. So I say.. Fuhgetaboutit
All we can do is wait and see how things play out.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 20716
Location: Raleigh, NC
hypocritex wrote:
One last thing. Cam Wake has played and been loyal to this team for YEARS.


In my book, Cam ranks up there with Dan Marino and Zach Thomas. What I would pay to see them play again. Sometimes you have to look past a business decision. That reminds me, I need to get a Cam Wake jersey.

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:25 am 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 3546
Dphins4me wrote:
k-dash wrote:

As much as it hurts me to say this, players sign with New England almost every year for LESS money than offered elsewhere for the chance to win a championship. Leon Hall left NY and Atlanta w/o a contract, and supposedly is wanting a contract in Miami b/c he wants to play for Vance Joseph. I could go on, but players taking less money to play for a team they want to play for for other reasons is hardly unheard of. I'm not denying that players want to get paid, but you are denying that cash is not ALWAYS the final decision maker. Heck, if that weren't true, Brady wouldn't keep re-upping in New England, because there's no doubt if he let himself go to free agency any of the last few times he would have cashed in a lot more that he is now.

I'm moving on now.

Rare is the day a player turns down more money. I'm not saying it never happens. I'm saying for everyone 1 that does there is 100 that didn't.

You do realize who Tom Brady is married to?



One of those oh-so-rare (but all too common in New England) moments:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/10/amendola-took-a-huge-pay-cut-to-stay-in-new-england/


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 74 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r