Really? You don't see one reason to re-sign our best proven pass rusher and the only Dolphin player from the last decade that can be legitimately considered a great player? Yes, his future is unsure and his best days are behind him, but he's worth the gamble. At least, that is what the front office believes. Play this out; we don't resign him, he comes back and plays at a high level this year and then we lose him in free agency and then you and others are on these boards blasting the team for not extending him when we had the chance. That's a pretty believable scenario. So here are a few reasons:
1. We have no young pass rushers with anything on their resume. We need him for another year or two while we find some.
2. It brought us some cap relief to be able to get some more veteran depth this season.
3. It's smart PR. In an offseason when we got blasted for letting some young talent go, keeping Cam for the rest of his career makes the fans happy.
I see zero reason to extend Cam. No one can make an argement that signing him for 2017 was a smart move. Heck I'd cut his backside instead of paying 9.5 to him this yr. I will never blast a team for letting a 35 yr old go with leg issues. I do not like teams paying players for what they once could do.
1. Why does Miami not have a young pass rusher? They let one walk in FA because they were to stupid to lock him up sooner at a cheaper price, then did not go after a young pass rusher in the draft. Instead drafting Wrs.
2. So Miami tries up future cap space for vets that will not be here then.
3. I personally am not attached to Cam. I do not get attached to players. When they are used up get rid of them. Its a business. Lets see how happy those fans are if Cam is a shell of his former self and not getting to the QB.
For the record, can you name one move they made this off-season that you liked? You're sort of like the anti-Finesse. You're the relentless negative ying to his relentless optimist yang.
Drafting Tunsil. Moving down in Rd. 1 for two question mark players that Philly wanted to unload their contract was not a smart move IMO. Tunsil video bailed them out or they would have been left drafting another injured player in Rd. 1.
They moved Murry for a swap of 4th rd. pick is how badly they were wanting rid of players. Most everyone loves Alonso. He was good in 2013, but only able to start 1 game since.
Letting their young stud RB go was also a bad decision, unless they had confidence in Ajayi. Which going out & signing CJ Anderson proved they were not.