Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:14 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

k-dash wrote:

One of those oh-so-rare (but all too common in New England) moments:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/10/amendola-took-a-huge-pay-cut-to-stay-in-new-england/

They take pay cuts so they can afford lawyer fees to fight suspensions for cheating.. What a wonderful franchise..

:haha

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:22 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

k-dash wrote:
One of those oh-so-rare (but all too common in New England) moments:

k-dash wrote:

I'm moving on now.

Thought you might not know what this means. When people say they are moving on, then they do not continue with what they were moving on from.

I bet you confused ex-girlfriends back in the day.

You did not tell me we were including take a pay cut or get cut situation in this discussion. My comment was about FA. Players who had their contract expire and were still quality players.

Generally how this works is the players agent makes some phone calls & finds out what his value would be on the market. If its not much, then they accept the pay cut. If they can sign for more elsewhere, then they refuse a pay cut.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:31 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Ha ha you got me on the moving on bit. I saw that headline and decided to move back. As for my ex girlfriends, I did indeed leave a trail of confused girls in my wake. Anyway taking less money is taking less money, whether resigning with your old team or someone else. Now you're redefining what you meant? Ok then. I will try to resist the urge to come back again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:13 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

k-dash wrote:
Ha ha you got me on the moving on bit. I saw that headline and decided to move back. As for my ex girlfriends, I did indeed leave a trail of confused girls in my wake. Anyway taking less money is taking less money, whether resigning with your old team or someone else. Now you're redefining what you meant? Ok then. I will try to resist the urge to come back again.

Just so you know. My comment was simply all in good fun and a little ball busting. No animosity at all.

I appreciate you being capable of being more positive than I can be. I've ventured into the until they prove it, then I cannot provide the benefit of doubt any longer.

We did not set the criteria either for that discussion. Just informing you what my comment was about.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:05 pm 

No worries. Ball busting goes with the territory here! I am aware that I dish that out as well. Appreciate the thought though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:40 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Some additional numbers on the contract....

Circling back on Cameron Wake's extension with #Dolphins: he takes a pay cut from $8.4M in 2016 to $7.125M. Can earn the difference w/ sacks

Tom PelisseroVerified account
‏@TomPelissero
Wake is due $7M in 2017, with $3M fully guaranteed. Another $2M gets gtd if he hits 15 sacks this season. Can earn more w/ sack incentives.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:45 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

And a little more info to add to Tony's info. The last time he had 15 sacks was in 2012. Maybe he's counting on reaching that number having Suh in the middle, but it is going to be difficult.

Barry Jackson wrote:
According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, Cameron Wake’s new deal includes a 2016 pay cut from $8.4 million to $7.1 million, but the ability to make $2 million if he reaches 15 sacks. Of his $7 million salary for 2017, $3 million is fully guaranteed.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... meron-wake

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

There's been a ton of debate on this. It doesn't get any better than Cam Wake on and off the field. I would love to see him retire a Dolphin. I've always said I am a team guy who supports the logo. Players don't deserve your loyalty just for signing with your team. Wake is one of the VERY few guys on the Miami roster that truly deserves our loyalty and benefit of the doubt.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:16 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
There's been a ton of debate on this. It doesn't get any better than Cam Wake on and off the field. I would love to see him retire a Dolphin. I've always said I am a team guy who supports the logo. Players don't deserve your loyalty just for signing with your team. Wake is one of the VERY few guys on the Miami roster that truly deserves our loyalty and benefit of the doubt.

:yay:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:00 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
And a little more info to add to Tony's info. The last time he had 15 sacks was in 2012. Maybe he's counting on reaching that number having Suh in the middle, but it is going to be difficult.

Barry Jackson wrote:
According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, Cameron Wake’s new deal includes a 2016 pay cut from $8.4 million to $7.1 million, but the ability to make $2 million if he reaches 15 sacks. Of his $7 million salary for 2017, $3 million is fully guaranteed.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... meron-wake

I think this is one of my biggest disappointments. Due to the injury and slow start he didn't get the full benefit of having Suh in the middle

2012 he had 7.5 sacks after 7 games, 2015 he had 7 sacks after 7 games.... I dont think he had lost a step last year...
We will see how he plays after the injury

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:15 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Sack numbers always fluctuate. Very rare the pass rusher that is pulling 15-18 sacks year after year.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:38 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Sack numbers always fluctuate. Very rare the pass rusher that is pulling 15-18 sacks year after year.

Michael Strahan is a good example of that.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:00 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

the good ones get their usual 7 to 11 per year. The great ones have spikes in production that go up to 14 to 18 in given years. They have those special 3 or 4 sack performances.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:03 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The good news is.. If the current trend continues. Wake is in line for one of his spike years.

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2