Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Barry Jackson wrote:
Four years after unsuccessfully trying to sign him, the Dolphins finally got Peyton Manning in their building this offseason. And it was entirely his idea.

It speaks volumes about new Dolphins coach Adam Gase that Manning chose to quietly visit Dolphins headquarters earlier this spring to meet with Gase (his former offensive coordinator in Denver) and share some knowledge with Ryan Tannehill.

“It was really cool,” Tannehill told me. “A guy that had his career, the living legend he is, coming off a Super Bowl winning season --- it was really cool just to be able to sit and pick his brain about things he's done in this offense and football things in general: snap counts, things you like, the way you want guys to run routes, little details about the game. We really just got to talk the game, which is something we both love.”

Manning, who is now retired, told Tannehill some of the nuances of Gase’s offense.

“At that time, we weren't able to meet with the coaches or anything, so I didn’t really have a great handle yet,” Tannehill said. “So I wasn't really able to dive into the playbook too much. So I had a few questions [for Manning]. If he comes back now, we can have a completely different conversation.”

What was clear, Tannehill, said is that Manning “respects Adam. The things they did, getting to a Super Bowl together, there is a mutual respect there. He is something I aspire to be, as good or better as he is one day. Hopefully, we'll be able to get him to come around some more.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... -more.html

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:21 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Interesting.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/pey ... d=U146GDHP

Seems Adam Gase has the respect of a lot of players and the Dolphins might actually be the beneficiary of that respect for a change. Manning has a lot of knowledge of his offense and might be acting in a consultant type role to Tannehill. Tanny might finally be getting the support he has always needed and never got from Philbin to reach that next level.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:29 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Manning could learn a lot from Tannehill.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:03 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

FINesse wrote:
Manning could learn a lot from Tannehill.

:haha

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]