All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:45 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Pretty detailed article showing how Dion would work with Vance Josephs system...

It would surely appear as tho Dion will be coming back as soon as the NFL allows it..
The site has video clips etc showing different things
Just a bit of what they are looking at:
Quote:
Miami’s 4-3 Under

According to Dolphins Executive Vice President of Football Operations Mike Tannenbaum, via an interview with ESPN 106.3, Miami will employ a 4-3 “under” defensive front. This designation was a key tidbit of information to work off, as it’s easier to project where talent will fit and what skill sets will be required at each position. Below is a visual of how the Seattle Seahawks use a 4-3 “under” front.

SBNation.com
Seattle's 4-3 Under
The biggest differences between a 4-3 “under” and a regular set are the two space-eating defensive linemen on the strong-side of the formation, and the imbalanced linebacker alignment. This is meant to maximize the gaps for linebackers to utilize and unleash the weak-side pass-rushers.

Miami utilized the one-technique often in 2015 with Earl Mitchell to try and free star Ndamukong Suh as the three-technique. They’ll continue to do that in 2016. Letting Suh shoot gaps to get into the backfield will maximize the effectiveness of the unit.

Where it gets interesting is what happens with the defensive end rotation. Wake will be a rotational pass-rusher regardless of health, per Armando Salguero of The Miami Herald and should play obvious passing downs at his regular left defensive end spot, which would remove the five-technique from the field. Mario Williams has experience at both defensive end positions, although his best function would be a pass-rusher and not gap-eating five-technique. Miami’s personnel fits oddly with a traditional 4-3 “under”.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2638803-why-dion-jordan-will-be-legitimate-comeback-player-of-the-year-candidate?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-mob-art-mid-145

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:12 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yawn

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I haven't heard of any rehab that he's been to. He has to make the team first and be medically clean.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:47 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If Dion is reinstated, he clean. Quite sure he has continued to be drug tested just like Josh Gordon.

Until Dion is reinstated and I actually get a chance to see him with the team, I don't want to get my hopes up. But I agree if he is sound of mind and body, he can help in the way Ian Wharton laid it out.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:38 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I am not too worried about the NFL side as he has finally surfaced and is in a training facility looking like hes in shape...
Kind of a pointless waste of time and money if you know you cant play again cause you failed more drug tests.

Can he learn a playbook and be developed, possibly learning a new position without the help of Adderall is a big question for me...
Dion has disappeared, and from the looks he hasnt been drinking beers with johnnie manzel.. He may be player who excelled from the use of PED's

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't think you can get that award coming off a suspension for drugs.. Just saying.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:32 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

He and Wake will share the award while 17 wins MVP. Would not surprise me to have a rookie of the year award as well along with coach and executive.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:46 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Ski_Money wrote:
I don't think you can get that award coming off a suspension for drugs.. Just saying.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

It would be fitting for the NFL... Even if it was a Patriot coming of a drug suspension, I would still like the comeback story much more than when Vick got the award after his suspension and prison time...

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:23 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Ski_Money wrote:

Apparently the comeback player of the yr award does not have a criteria. Drew Brees won it in 2004 and he played in 2001,'02 & 03. He just sucked those 3 yrs.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:45 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Brees remained the starter throughout the 2004 season, where he started 15 games and led the team to a 12–4 regular season record. Brees posted spectacular numbers, completing 65.5% of his passes for 3,159 yards, with 27 touchdowns to only 7 interceptions, giving him a 104.8 passer rating. The Chargers won the AFC West for the first time in 10 seasons and Brees was selected to the 2004 Pro Bowl.[51] He was named 2004 NFL Comeback Player of the Year

9 months after a separated shoulder.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:26 pm 

Could you imagine after having such an amazing off season with the hiring of Gase , the emergence of Tannenbaum, just nailing it in free agency and schooling the league in the draft if Jordan can somehow come around and play a full sesson at his potential level. And we have 17 undeŕ center.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:41 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Careful there Finesse, you talk like that long enough and you may start believing in it. :haha

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:48 pm 

After week 2 all of you will be believers. Save this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:52 pm 

Why wait til week two? Why not load up the bus during the preseason?

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]