All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:11 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He and Omar never make any sense to me. Darron Lee is a talented first round project.

Chris Perkins wrote:
My question, however, is whether having one of the NFL’s best offensive lines is the best way for the Dolphins to improve their chances of making the playoffs.

I think improving the defense is a better way for the Dolphins to improve their chances of finally making the postseason.

Instead of drafting Tunsil at No. 13, I’d have drafted Ohio State linebacker Darron Lee, who went No. 20 to the New York Jets, or Houston cornerback William Jackson, who went No. 24 to Cincinnati. And that’s only because Ohio State cornerback Eli Apple (No. 10 pick by the New York Giants) and Florida cornerback Vernon Hargreaves (No. 11 pick to Tampa Bay) were both off the board.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... story.html

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm happy as hell that we landed Tunsil.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:04 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Apple and Hargreaves I wouldn't have touched.......... As much as I hate oline in the 1st I would rather Tunsil over either.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:29 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

He's right in that we should have drafted more defense, he's wrong in saying that Tunsil wasn't the right pick.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:52 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm sorry, but that is just idiotic from Perkins. Pass up what was the Best Player on Many boards and a position of need as well. No, Tunsil is not an OG, but neither was Jonathan Ogden, but Ogden played OG that 1st year and then became a Hall of Fame OLT.

Not saying Tunsil will follow in those footsteps EXACTLY, but he sure has a good chance of it.

Miami needs to find out what they have in Ryan Tannehill. Giving him an solid offensive line FINALLY will answer a lot of questions.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:55 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

But you can't argue we didn't need play makers on offense.

I wouldn't mind what they did if they worked a little harder on free agents past and present this offseason

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:15 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
I think improving the defense is a better way for the Dolphins to improve their chances of finally making the postseason

I thought this same thing during FA and the draft.
I felt the best help Miami could give Ryan was a top shelf defense, instead of a fleet of receivers.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
But you can't argue we didn't need play makers on offense.

I wouldn't mind what they did if they worked a little harder on free agents past and present this offseason

I certainly went into the draft thinking a balance draft in regard to offense/defense. I know he was not a favorite of yours because of the uncertainty of the knee, but if Tunsil does not drop, Myles Jack is the pick at #13. They tried to trade up and get him in the 2nd round before taking Xavien Howard.

As much as some may not like it, I think Miami looked at getting Kiko Alonso and Bryan Maxwell as part of augmenting the defense along with Mario Williams and Isa. I still think the Dolphins will look to sign Leon Hall and Jason Jones also.

I would have liked to seen a little more done on defense, but I do really like Carroo, Drake, Grant & Duarte.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:19 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
but if Tunsil does not drop, Myles Jack is the pick at #13.

I really wanted Miles Jack, but I was ecstatic when Tunsil dropped to us. I usually joke about the Dolphins being "God's Team" to my Jets/Patriots/Bills buddies, but that was a miracle drop.

Let's also face the reality here: how long will Brandon Albert be with us? Will he play a full 16 game season next year? Tunsil will be our starting LT within two years.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]