Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:00 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Antonio Cromartie - DB - Free Agent
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have "internally discussed" signing free agent CB Antonio Cromartie.
Now 32, Cromartie is coming off back-to-back rough seasons. He's yet to make a visit in free agency since being released by the Jets in February. He'd be little more than veteran depth for Miami's shaky cornerback corps.
Related: Dolphins
Source: Miami Herald May 12 - 6:38 PM

Leon Hall - DB - Free Agent
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have "internally discussed" free agent CBs Leon Hall and Antonio Cromartie.
The Dolphins have one of the league's sorriest cornerback corps even after using the No. 38 overall pick on Xavien Howard. There's a strong possibility Howard is too raw to start opposite Byron Maxwell as a rookie. Hall is a far more effective player than Cromartie at this stage in their respective careers, but is recovering from back surgery. If he can get healthy, he'd be a no-brainer addition for the 'Fins. Hall would man the slot in South Beach.
Related: Dolphins
Source: Miami Herald May 12 - 6:34 PM

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:51 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

One of the sorriest cornerback corps in the league!? Wow. I gotta let that sink in.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:14 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

k-dash wrote:
One of the sorriest cornerback corps in the league!? Wow. I gotta let that sink in.

:haha

It gave me a laugh. I wouldn't say we are the sorriest, but we need more help there.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:40 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Barry Jackson wrote:
The NFL’s deadline to sign players without it affecting compensatory picks passed Thursday – that was significant for the Dolphins --- and Miami seemingly could use another corner.

Still, defensive coordinator Vance Joseph insists Miami has enough at cornerback, with Xavien Howard and Tony Lippett competing to start opposite Byron Maxwell; Bobby McCain in the slot in nickel and dime packages; seventh-round rookie Jordan Lucas, plus Tyler Patmon (24 NFL games, including 22 for Dallas) and Chimdi Chekwa (31 career games, including four starts for Oakland) and Iko Ekpre-Olomu (still strengthening his knee).

“Most teams have, probably, three capable corners who they can play and trust,” Joseph said. “I think we've got three or four guys - guys that we know can play - and hopefully three or four more that can help us."

The Dolphins internally have discussed unsigned veteran corners Leon Hall and Antonio Cromartie. The only 2015 full-time cornerback starters, below the age of 35, that are still available are Cromartie and Arizona’s Jerraud Powers (Miami has not pursued Powers to this point).

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:18 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think it will be one of the two they look to sign. It might boil down to the player they are able to sign.

I would imagine Miami has a value on both players and have a number in mind. Hall has been on two additional visits, the Giants and Falcons and has not signed. You not getting big money at this point, not close.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:07 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy/status ... 1178997760

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:01 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

who is overrated?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:17 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Leon Hall's better days seem to be behind him. If anyone will trust that he can play for the Dolphins, it is our Defensive Coordinator Joseph. Miami could be just waiting for his price tag to go down. Although getting another veteran in the secondary would be nice, one of the young guys (hopefully multiple) need to step up and turn into starters and play makers.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:25 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

New England lost two excellent corners and still managed to put together a defense that could cover with younger guys.

If Vance Joseph is as advertised, he should be able to accomplish the same thing.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:12 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
New England lost two excellent corners and still managed to put together a defense that could cover with younger guys.

If Vance Joseph is as advertised, he should be able to accomplish the same thing.

Losing Revis I'll give you...Losing Browner, Mr. PI was not a loss..The only thing I will add on Browner though is he got away with more contact in NE than he would almost anywhere else....
Joseph had some pretty good corners playing for him last year be interesting if he can duplicate that here with a little less talent on the defense as a whole.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Overrated? Didnt PFF just rank him highly for 2015?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:55 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Any new news on these guys? Kinda surprised no one has signed Hall yet.

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]