View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Amaya's play draws attention to rookie 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Amaya's play draws attention to rookie
Quote:
The Dolphins have already had one practice today and are headed for another in the next hour. And safety Jonathan Amaya is going into that practice with something of a streak on the line.

He has an interception in each of the last two practices this minicamp.

What does that tell coach Tony Sparano?

"Tells me the ball comes to him," the coach said. "One thing I also know off the film is unless there's someone else in that body, this guy is going to hit you."

Amaya, an undrafted rokie free agent, apparently hasn't been making too many mistakes, either. "Not many mental errors," Sparano said.

I must share with you the highlight of the morning practice: Handoff to Ricky Williams, he sprints outside the tackle and runs stright into Koa Misi. Misi falls back on his butt. Trucked. Welcome to an NFL practice, rookie.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z0pLw5pxE8

Sat May 29, 2010 2:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Amaya's play draws attention to rookie
I made the prediction about a month ago that this guy was going to make the team and, although its early, seems to be putting himself into that conversation heading into training camp.

Sat May 29, 2010 2:33 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

MNDolfan wrote:
I made the prediction about a month ago that this guy was going to make the team and, although its early, seems to be putting himself into that conversation heading into training camp.

He's certainly gotten off to a good start.

Sat May 29, 2010 4:38 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
I must share with you the highlight of the morning practice: Handoff to Ricky Williams, he sprints outside the tackle and runs stright into Koa Misi. Misi falls back on his butt. Trucked. Welcome to an NFL practice, rookie

:)

If anyone wants to know how to get on the Trifecta's good side then copy everything Ricky does. Ricky practices as if he's playing in the Super Bowl. It's one of the reasons why he is such a fan favorite.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sun May 30, 2010 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
I must share with you the highlight of the morning practice: Handoff to Ricky Williams, he sprints outside the tackle and runs stright into Koa Misi. Misi falls back on his butt. Trucked. Welcome to an NFL practice, rookie

:)

If anyone wants to know how to get on the Trifecta's good side then copy everything Ricky does. Ricky practices as if he's playing in the Super Bowl. It's one of the reasons why he is such a fan favorite.

I wish I could have seen that. I'll bet the other guys really ripped on him after that! I think Misi is going to be great against the run because he'll be going up against two top tier backs like Brown and Williams all day long. I'm sure he'll be returning the favor as soon as the game slows down for him and he starts playing a little faster.
:yay:

Sun May 30, 2010 8:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]