PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:45 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

just floored..........RIP Tone

Post subject: Re: RIP- Tone
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:23 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Wow! My condolences to his friends and family. Gone too soon, never take a day for granted. RIP Tony :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't even know what to say here. Nobody deserves to pass like that. I pray his family recovers from this tragedy. I pray they get the strength to get through the coming weeks and months. I'll miss my fellow South Carolinian. This board will not be the same without him. God Speed Tony. When I get home in 5 months the first beer I get my hands on will go back to the earth in your honor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:47 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Tony's funeral info:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Perhaps we should gather some resources from members and send something from Phinfever?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:49 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Nice thought.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:30 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Ski_Money wrote:
Perhaps we should gather some resources from members and send something from Phinfever?

:yay:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:47 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

........ The service today was beautiful. Many people stood up to share stories about Tony. The overwhelming theme is what we mentioned earlier... Tone always took the high road, His smile was priceless and He found good in everything.

I've always told my kids to learn from your mistakes or always try and better yourself each and everyday. Going back to my previous post, Tony always found light in something that may have disappointed some of us.... Like the progress of our Dolphins or QB play in a particular game, etc, But Tony had a positive spin on it. So, as I was entranced this afternoon, watery eyed with the influx of stories I was hearing; it hit me that I need to act on the same words I've been telling my children; one of life simple lessons that finally struck a cord and that's always taking a piece of goodness from something that may be discouraging.... Optimism/Positivism.

It used to bother me that Tony would end our disagreements, mainly about the Dolphins, with "We'll just agree to Disagree". My competitive nature would get the best of me; I always felt my opinion was the right one. Whether I was right or Tony was; I realize now that Tony was the winner because he knew that in the end he took the high road before the debate/disagreement would come between our friendship. Wow... What a MAN and I just realized it this week after my friend lost his life.

I sat in the last row of the Chapel today reminiscing about some of the good times he and I had and it dawned on me again the pride and fun he had with the PhinFever site. So, as I sat in deep thought and silence, I prayed for the ones that were touched by Tony through this site. The ones that reached out to Tony in many different media forms. He cared, he remembered you, he really did.

My Friend Tony Simmons was laid to rest today in a Miami Dolphins jersey and an American Flag draped over his coffin. I will miss you Buddy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:02 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

FIN Loyal wrote:
........ The service today was beautiful. Many people stood up to share stories about Tony. The overwhelming theme is what we mentioned earlier... Tone always took the high road, His smile was priceless and He found good in everything.

I've always told my kids to learn from your mistakes or always try and better yourself each and everyday. Going back to my previous post, Tony always found light in something that may have disappointed some of us.... Like the progress of our Dolphins or QB play in a particular game, etc, But Tony had a positive spin on it. So, as I was entranced this afternoon, watery eyed with the influx of stories I was hearing; it hit me that I need to act on the same words I've been telling my children; one of life simple lessons that finally struck a cord and that's always taking a piece of goodness from something that may be discouraging.... Optimism/Positivism.

It used to bother me that Tony would end our disagreements, mainly about the Dolphins, with "We'll just agree to Disagree". My competitive nature would get the best of me; I always felt my opinion was the right one. Whether I was right or Tony was; I realize now that Tony was the winner because he knew that in the end he took the high road before the debate/disagreement would come between our friendship. Wow... What a MAN and I just realized it this week after my friend lost his life.

I sat in the last row of the Chapel today reminiscing about some of the good times he and I had and it dawned on me again the pride and fun he had with the PhinFever site. So, as I sat in deep thought and silence, I prayed for the ones that were touched by Tony through this site. The ones that reached out to Tony in many different media forms. He cared, he remembered you, he really did.

My Friend Tony Simmons was laid to rest today in a Miami Dolphins jersey and an American Flag draped over his coffin. I will miss you Buddy.

Thanks for sharing. I miss my chats with Tony over FB Messenger. He checked up on how my son was doing a few times and that really meant a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:41 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:40 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

FIN Loyal wrote:

Amazing post. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:29 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Thank you for that.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:28 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Good post...I felt like i was there!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Thanks for that, FIN Loyal. We lost a good friend here on the site. I was hoping to meet him one day in person, and he was the kind of person that I knew I would like to hang out with. I was hoping to give him a good ribbing this year when the U beat the Noles but I've been robbed of that (lol). Phinfever will not be the same without Tony.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:53 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

FIN Loyal wrote:

Thank you for sharing this. I never met Tony in person but enjoyed his posts here. I can tell you I feel like there is a big hole here now because he is gone. Your sharing about your personal experiences with Tony helps ease the sadness. And your sharing how Tony lived his life makes me appreciate the times I got to chat with him even more. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:57 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Thank you for sharing that. Sounds like it was a beautiful service.

He will be missed but never forgotten.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:51 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Wow....Thank you for sharing that with us. I will miss the debate and the laughs we had every time we talked. He will be missed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:32 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Sad news. Hope he is watching the games from the best seat up above. RIP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:43 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:25 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Thanks Fin Loyal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:59 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Thanks Fin Loyal, that was awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:35 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Thanks for sharing. Awesome.

RIP Tone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:21 pm 
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

I am so sorry guys. I don't get here often, but he was always good to the Bills fan

I am sorry for your loss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:57 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

DrLecter wrote:
I am so sorry guys. I don't get here often, but he was always good to the Bills fan

I am sorry for your loss

Tony was very respectful and I know he enjoyed talking to you, Doc. You gave him honest insight in your Bills.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:46 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

First time on in months. Late thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Always represented himself well on the forums but that isn't news to any of you. He set the TONE on Phinfever.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It's been a long time since I checked in, stunned, shocked, saddened, I can easily say that he was one of the classiest guys I've seen on the internet.

Missed by many.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:56 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I was watching my Wolfpack have a chance to upset Clemson and I started to think that Tony would have some thoughts on this game, and then I remembered that Tony was no longer with us. It was a pretty sad moment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:27 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Big Dave wrote:
I was watching my Wolfpack have a chance to upset Clemson and I started to think that Tony would have some thoughts on this game, and then I remembered that Tony was no longer with us. It was a pretty sad moment.

Moments like these is what makes losing someone so gosh dang hard.

Sorry, Dave.

:boo:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:06 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

DanRambo wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Moments like these is what makes losing someone so gosh dang hard.

Sorry, Dave.

:boo:

I've had several moments like this during the season already fellas and it sucks.

Dave - I'm a Syracuse fan, so you and I can talk smack to each other soon...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:57 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I still tag Tony on all my Dolphin Facebook posts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:19 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Happy Birthday, Tone. You are missed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:43 am 

Happy Birthday Tone-Loc. We miss you buddy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:42 pm 
Phinfever Admin
Phinfever Admin

One of my memories on Facebook today was where I tagged Tony and a few other of you guys about the Pro Bowl and how the stadium looked empty, kinda like a Dolphins game.

That was a few years ago.

RIP Tony, we still miss you around here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 pm 

OMG this is so sad. I'm obviously not around too much anymore, but Tony was one of my favorites here at Phinfever. Dude would have given anyone the shirt off his back from what I could tell. I'm sorry I'm so late on this, but RIP Tony, you'll be greatly missed within the Dolphins community for sure

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2