View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Thigpen finally getting to work on his fundamentals 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Thigpen finally getting to work on his fundamentals
Quote:
by Brian Biggane

Backup quarterback Tyler Thigpen has demonstrated he can be a pretty good NFL quarterback when given the opportunity.

Imagine what might happen now that he’s actually getting some coaching at the position.

Thigpen, who completed 54.8 percent of his passes and threw 18 touchdown passes as opposed to 12 interceptions while starting 11 games for Kansas City in 2008, said the Dolphins’ David Lee is the first real quarterback coach he’s had in his career.

“When I came in last year, right from the first day I came out to practice, coach Lee was like, Have you ever gotten any coaching from a quarterback coach?” Thigpen said Friday morning while warming up for a round of golf as part of Fins Weekend at Fairmont Turnberry Isle in Aventura.

“He was telling me I had so much more to work on in regard to my fundamentals. When I came in at midseason last year he didn’t have time to work with me. So he’d come over before practices and say, ‘Hey, work on this today.’ So I had to learn on the fly.

“So when you’ve got bad habits, and you don’t get a whole lot of time to practice them, you’re going to continue to revert back to those habits. But I’ve had time this offseason to work on my fundamentals each and every day I’ve been out there, so it’s helped me out a lot.”

The rest here: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... damentals/

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:55 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Thigpen finally getting to work on his fundamentals
Thigpen is an interesting player, I'm not really sure what to expect out of him this year. I'm not sure whether he'll bump Pat White and be our #3, if we'll try to trade him during the preseason, or if we'll put him on the practice squad and lose him that way. I really don't know.
:???

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Thigpen is an interesting player, I'm not really sure what to expect out of him this year. I'm not sure whether he'll bump Pat White and be our #3, if we'll try to trade him during the preseason, or if we'll put him on the practice squad and lose him that way. I really don't know.
:???

I don't know either, but I'd be willing to bet he backs up Henne, and White gets dumped OR moved to some sort of slash player with Pennington being the "coach" at 3rd string.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:30 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I really hope we keep Thigpen over Penny or White. Thigpen is a very solid QB with a lot of upside and has some experience. I remember when Tony Gonzalez was vowing for Thigpen to be the starter in Kansas City. I believe Henne is the real deal, and I hope he is but he is not quite proven just yet. It would be very dumb not to keep Thigpen for at least one more year to see how things develop with Henne.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]