View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 2009 rookie FA DE Ryan Baker a longshot & pleasant surprise 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post 2009 rookie FA DE Ryan Baker a longshot & pleasant surprise
Quote:
Ryan Baker a Longshot, but...
Sat Jun 12, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com

The Sun Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins DE Ryan Baker, an undrafted rookie in 2009, has impressed so far in offseason practices. “He’s a young, developing player, so I hope he continues to develop,” HC Tony Sparano said. “He’s gotten stronger right now; he’s gotten bigger physically, which was something that he had to do. We knew he had to get a little bit bigger. This guy did participate in some games for us last year and helped us out along the way there. He’s a guy that plays with a lot of intensity. He plays with a really high motor, and he’s happy to do any job that you give him. My vision is that this guy just continues to develop….. We got a bunch of these defensive lineman out there right now so he’s getting every opportunity out there, but I want to see him continue to develop.” Considering the team’s present depth on the defensive line, Baker should be viewed as a longshot to remain on the 53-man roster. But if he continues to take advantage of ever opportunity that comes his way, he might continue being one of the roster’s pleasant surprises.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: 2009 rookie FA DE Ryan Baker a longshot & pleasant surprise
I liked his play in limited action last but I do believe it is a real longshot that he makes the team again this year especially with the added depth this year on the DL.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]